over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Marriage?

chgolatin2

Registered
Well, I am about to get married in about 6 months. This is my first marriage, its new to me and I actually don't know what to expect from it. I've been single for a long time, I don't have kids, I overly concentrated on the single life and dating and accumulating wealth, career, toys, properties, education, being selfish and the attitude that "its always about me"

Honestly I thought that my life was splendid, no worries but then I started to realize that my life was not actually fun anymore. All of my graduations and accomplishments were done alone, purchased my first house alone, went to war for 2 years and come home to nobody, alone. I have no parents because due to their own negligence and choice of lifestyle they died young due to alcohol and drug abuse. My mother actually committed suicide, well I don't want to get into the pity party here lets just say that I didn't have the most pleasant childhood or family experience. However, w that being said I didn't use those unfortunate events as an excuse to turn like them or be a fuck up in life. Was my life easy? HELL NO but I decided to make a choice and do whats right, I fallen many times but I have always managed to somehow get up and continue on. I am not a religious man, not a church going guy, don't subscribe to any religion or any faith. I am by far, spiritual. I have my doubts about religions, faiths, ideals, written books, etc created by mankind and not by some angel from up above.. But again I won't visit that topic.

I'm approaching my 40's and I met this beautiful middle eastern woman that changed my life, back when I used to date the many girls that I have dated and had my way with them I didn't care, I cheated, lied, played games, broke hearts, had my heart broken as well, enjoyed my freedom and I truly didn't have too much faith in the word "relationship" or "commitment." I don't know if its old age, wisdom or enlightenment but my habits have changed, my way of thinking has changed, all the stuff that I used to do before has been eliminated, erased, I don't engage in extra curricular activities, different partners, etc etc etc. I remember one thing that my mother once told me before which I thought it was all BS. She said, "Son, its not fun to grow old and alone" Also, she said. "One day you will realize that what you have been doing needs to change for the better, when the "RIGHT ONE" comes along you will know, your old self will change and the new you will be born." For many years I thought about those words and blew them off but boy was I fucking wrong. For those that say that you can't turn a hoe into a housewife, well let me be the judge of that statement.. I used to be the biggest "HOE HOE" in the world. My step brothers wife used to get mad at me because I used to bring different girls to their get togethers to the point that she barred me from stepping inside the house with another girl, lol.. She felt disrespected for whatever reason or maybe threaten, who knows. Well, back to my story here...

I have come to realize that sex and beauty is a nice thing, however. Sex without love isn't, meaning "true love" unconditional love, truly that good. Its enjoyable, maybe fun but deep down inside you lone for something bigger, better. We are humans and as humans we need to share our lives with someone, we were not born to be alone. We lone for family, friends, companionship, sharing, etc etc. Why do you think that most suicides occur during the holidays??? Hmmmmm.. But anyway here is my question that I want to post here. I'm looking for positive opinions, constructive criticism, educated response or better said, common sense response. Does marriage truly change with that piece of paper? Once you say I do, what differentiates between that magical word and your spouse? How do some couples stay married for so many years? How do they accomplish such a task in a society that working things through doesn't seem like a viable solution anymore. We live in a society that wants everything now and easy, no compromise, no hard work, no dedication, its easier to quit and give up then fight. With over 52%+ divorce rate how can someone not be scared to make that leap of faith?? Many things in life I have faced, but this is WAAAAY different. So is it normal to be nervous, concern, worried? I don't want to be another statistic and I don't plan on being either. But for those that have been married for a long time, how did you make it work? How did you manage to overcome disappointment, stress, communication issues, demands of the married life, kids, financial obligations, etc? I understand that relationships aren't easy because if they were everyone would of been in a relationship or married. However, I have come to realize that anything that is worth fighting for and keeping isn't always EASY. I know that my soul, mind and heart has changed, I no longer want "others" I no longer want the dating scene, I no longer care about me, me, me, I no longer want to be selfish, I no longer want to share my accomplishment alone, I no longer care about the fancy expensive cars, boats, house, material things, I no longer care about those insignificant things that we sometimes like so much. All that I know that I want to share my life with someone and this someone happens to be in front of me now and with all my energy, power I'm going to pull off the best wedding that I can afford, the best memory because after all you only get married once! :headband:

Looking forward to some positive feedback... Thanks guys!

I've been married 15 years to a great woman. I haven't always been a great husband. But I have very little doubt we will remain married till death do us part. We have two kids, which has been a bond that helps hold us together. I didn't get married till I was 35. That's good and bad.

You are putting a lot of pressure on this. Just make the right choices each day. People get married and stay married all the time.

It sounds that you and your intended come from dramatically different backgrounds. I know love conquers all and everything, and opposite attracts and everything, but I hope that doesn't present too many challenges. That doesn't sound easy to me.

I will have been married 16 years this April. I will be 37 this July, so yes I married young. Was it hard..hell yeah. But we love each other and we made a decision that we would never divorce unless one cheated on the other. Of course we both grew up in church so that belief was instilled in us already. Now I have not been a great husband by any stretch of the imagination. But my wife loves me more than life itself. You have to work together, and one thing that my wife learned from me because its just the way I am, is DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF. Give you an example...we have a dry cleaning bag that hangs behind our door, everyday I come in from work and I just throw my shirt on the floor instead of putting it in the bag. Early in our marriage my wife might have said something and an argument might have started. By now she just shakes her head at me, picks up the shirt and puts it in the bag. The whole key to is also showing the other one love. Find out what there love language is. There are 5 of them.... their is a book written about them. Find out which one is your future wife's and learn how to show her love in that way.

Sounds like you grew up and recognize that without love, some things are empty. Is she still in the middle east? If you need any help on K1 visa, let me know. I am going through it now myself.

Sounds like you grew up and recognize that without love, some things are empty. Is she still in the middle east? If you need any help on K1 visa, let me know. I am going through it now myself.

No, no shes an American living in my area, lol... Her parents are from Iraq, old school, really nice ppl and very humble too. They bend over backwards for her daughter and for me as well. Feels awesome to be accepted loved:rolleyes::love:

I know im never getting married... seen way too many men taken to the cleaners, losing their kids, house, pensions, 401k, portfolios, having to pay child support, spousal support, alimony, etc... because their wife cheated on them and divorced them..

id rather not lose custody of my kids and have to subsidize my ex wives life with her new boyfriend.

women marry men expecting them to change, but they don't.. men marry women expecting them not to change, but they do.

are all women like this? of course not, but im not a gambling man when the stakes are this high.

Last edited:
As long as your happy that is what matters. I had a crappy childhood, rough teenage years. So used to it, I looked for trouble. My first marriage was a diaster. Don't think I ever felt love or wanted too either. After playing the field for a bit, it grew old fast but fun while it lasted, met my second wife. I went from wishing to there were things I could change from past to damn glad all my hardships happened. It all led me to her. Now, I wouldn't change any of it for all the money in the world. Got wonderful little ones running around the house and a good woman. While I have a lot on my plate with an injury it's all worth it.
As long as your happy enjoy the ride. There's always bumps in the road. But they just make us wiser and smarter. Usally put us where need to be later in life too.
Congrats.

Marriage is just a relationship recognized by the police

I only read your first paragraph, but I will say this....

make sure she is your best friend ever....if you do this...
everything will be OK...

:cool:

wow look at you taking the leap! I told my wife before we got married, nothing changes from one day to the next, its a big party, a few words said, but in reality I`m already committed a long time ago. Woman from a young age are built up with princess stories and "the big day"... then its over.... and nothing has changed, they sometimes feel let down. Get this point across to her. Then never treat her like an old pair of slippers. Always do the things you did for her when trying to romance her. Everybody always wants to be loved and made to feel special. I`m happy for you brother. Now, don`t spend to much on the wedding, everybody will try and rip you off, second NEVER tell her about your other girlfriend.. j/k

I know im never getting married... seen way too many men taken to the cleaners, losing their kids, house, pensions, 401k, portfolios, having to pay child support, spousal support, alimony, etc... because their wife cheated on them and divorced them..

id rather not lose custody of my kids and have to subsidize my ex wives life with her new boyfriend.

women marry men expecting them to change, but they don't.. men marry women expecting them not to change, but they do.

are all women like this? of course not, but im not a gambling man when the stakes are this high.

Well said brother. This is so true.

wow look at you taking the leap! I told my wife before we got married, nothing changes from one day to the next, its a big party, a few words said, but in reality I`m already committed a long time ago. Woman from a young age are built up with princess stories and "the big day"... then its over.... and nothing has changed, they sometimes feel let down. Get this point across to her. Then never treat her like an old pair of slippers. Always do the things you did for her when trying to romance her. Everybody always wants to be loved and made to feel special. I`m happy for you brother. Now, don`t spend to much on the wedding, everybody will try and rip you off, second NEVER tell her about your other girlfriend.. j/k

Thanks bro, I appreciate all the positive feedback. Boy how I love some of the ignorance being said to me about this whole marriage thing, lol. Nothing in life is guaranteed the only thing guaranteed is death and taxes.

As humans we were not born to be alone. We as human crave companionship, love, sex, friendship, family, recognition, affection, feeling of being wanted etc etc. In life you can't fear commitment, or speak against it. People say "why get married, why not just live together" etc etcetera well, marriage is a real commitment to each other. It's not always that easy to just walk away like when you are dating. Marriage is totally on a different level. Is it easy being married? No! Hell no but nothing in life is easy and if it was then maybe you wouldn't appreciate your hard labor. Right? Oh and one thing, "Pre Nup" ;)

I only read your first paragraph, but I will say this....

make sure she is your best friend ever....if you do this...
everything will be OK...

:cool:

The best advice! Passion and desire will end, love and romantic will be boring soon, but friends and mutual respect is the main ground for the stable marriage. A friend of mine is married for 30 years. They have had a long period of stabilizing their relationship, of mutual adaptation, but they've always been good friends and thus they survived their problems together. Now they are stable in their respect, it their family life.

The best advice! Passion and desire will end, love and romantic will be boring soon, but friends and mutual respect is the main ground for the stable marriage. A friend of mine is married for 30 years. They have had a long period of stabilizing their relationship, of mutual adaptation, but they've always been good friends and thus they survived their problems together. Now they are stable in their respect, it their family life.

We are best friends, we enjoy stating active, working out together and doing mostly everything together. She keeps me active even when I don't want to be active. I was recommended a book call the 5 languages of love, started to read the book but I was told to wait till after I was married because after all the book is for married couples.

Did a research on the book and it had almost 4,000 reviews on amazon, some reviewers even stating that the book saved their marriage. Being older than my fiancé I truly understand that things will fade and things will become the norm, I expected. But with that being said, communication and mutual respect is the key to any relationship surviving. We live in a society that believes that quitting is the way out of everything, everyone wants things "NOW" fast, etc. Nobody wants to work hard at things, strive to survive, make things work. You can ask any married couple who have been married for a looooong time and see what was their secret of staying together..

Society is different now than before, we have over 52% divorce rate, broken families, homes, children's, broken down couples, broke dreams and promises. However, at the end of the day, love conquers everything if you truly work at it. Many times I wanted to give up, break up, walk away, etc but those decisions were base on anger, until communication and mutual respect, understanding, compromising came into the picture. Am I going to be guaranteed anything??? No, definitely not. But that doesn't mean that giving it a try is not worth it. Life is "ALL" about decisions, life is all about taking chances. If you are not willing to risk it all then you may not fully fulfill your true potential at "ANYTHING" that will you do or pursue. "Effort/hard work" applies to "ALL" facets of life.

If you want to be selfish, greedy, all of your life then I seriously believe that you will live a life is deep emotional dissatisfaction and unhappiness..

to the guys afraid of "being taken to the cleaners" and woman cheating on you. Your right, your better off not getting married. A woman will cheat not for sex, but for intimacy, emotional connection, attention... which all of this usually does lead into sex, BUT, guys will cheat just to bang for 10 minutes and be done, much different. It sounds like you guys are young, don`t know how to please a woman or keep her attention past a few minutes of looking at muscles (your on here I assume you have something). You are better off just dating, this way when you let the woman down, which sounds inevitable, don`t give them what they need, it`s an easier break, I agree 100%.

No, no shes an American living in my area, lol... Her parents are from Iraq, old school, really nice ppl and very humble too. They bend over backwards for her daughter and for me as well. Feels awesome to be accepted loved:rolleyes::love:

Great! I am marrying a Romanian girl. Cultures are different from ours. Her family respects me a lot, more then I can say from my former marriage. And yes, if it is true love, nothing beats that feeling to be loved. I would not trade it for any material thing.

Great! I am marrying a Romanian girl. Cultures are different from ours. Her family respects me a lot, more then I can say from my former marriage. And yes, if it is true love, nothing beats that feeling to be loved. I would not trade it for any material thing.

Yes, very true my brother

to the guys afraid of "being taken to the cleaners" and woman cheating on you. Your right, your better off not getting married. A woman will cheat not for sex, but for intimacy, emotional connection, attention... which all of this usually does lead into sex, BUT, guys will cheat just to bang for 10 minutes and be done, much different. It sounds like you guys are young, don`t know how to please a woman or keep her attention past a few minutes of looking at muscles (your on here I assume you have something). You are better off just dating, this way when you let the woman down, which sounds inevitable, don`t give them what they need, it`s an easier break, I agree 100%.

haha aren't you cheeky.. You just simply don't have a clue what you are talking about.

We are best friends, we enjoy stating active, working out together and doing mostly everything together. She keeps me active even when I don't want to be active. I was recommended a book call the 5 languages of love, started to read the book but I was told to wait till after I was married because after all the book is for married couples.

Did a research on the book and it had almost 4,000 reviews on amazon, some reviewers even stating that the book saved their marriage. Being older than my fiancé I truly understand that things will fade and things will become the norm, I expected. But with that being said, communication and mutual respect is the key to any relationship surviving. We live in a society that believes that quitting is the way out of everything, everyone wants things "NOW" fast, etc. Nobody wants to work hard at things, strive to survive, make things work. You can ask any married couple who have been married for a looooong time and see what was their secret of staying together..

Society is different now than before, we have over 52% divorce rate, broken families, homes, children's, broken down couples, broke dreams and promises. However, at the end of the day, love conquers everything if you truly work at it. Many times I wanted to give up, break up, walk away, etc but those decisions were base on anger, until communication and mutual respect, understanding, compromising came into the picture. Am I going to be guaranteed anything??? No, definitely not. But that doesn't mean that giving it a try is not worth it. Life is "ALL" about decisions, life is all about taking chances. If you are not willing to risk it all then you may not fully fulfill your true potential at "ANYTHING" that will you do or pursue. "Effort/hard work" applies to "ALL" facets of life.

If you want to be selfish, greedy, all of your life then I seriously believe that you will live a life is deep emotional dissatisfaction and unhappiness..

I will not argue. I agree with almost everything. Mariage is not romantic action. It is a hard everyday rutine work for all of its members. If one of them loose the interest and desire it's almost impossible to save marriage.

I will not argue. I agree with almost everything. Mariage is not romantic action. It is a hard everyday rutine work for all of its members. If one of them loose the interest and desire it's almost impossible to save marriage.

Marriage is work, you're right there. But there is one thing about your comment I want to touch on, the last sentence. "Losing interest" doesn't just happen. It typically comes from neglect from the partner or they got married for the wrong reasons. Like you said, it's work, and it takes work to keep a marriage together

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131