over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Heart health and hdl

kandaandm

Registered
I had a complete work up done on my heart a couple weeks ago. My electrocardiogram was great..no thickening and all was perfect. My EKG was good. My xrays were good and endoscopy to view for clots. As well as blood tests. Heart wise everything was perfect, however, my hdl is in the 30s.
I'm currently taking 500mgs of test a week and mk677.

Any input or ideas?

Citrus Bergamot 1000mg am+pm
Viva labs krill oil
(Thank Dante for those recommendations)
Cardio
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil twice daily
Avocado daily
Walnuts/almonds

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I had a complete work up done on my heart a couple weeks ago. My electrocardiogram was great..no thickening and all was perfect. My EKG was good. My xrays were good and endoscopy to view for clots. As well as blood tests. Heart wise everything was perfect, however, my hdl is in the 30s.
I'm currently taking 500mgs of test a week and mk677.

Any input or ideas?

Are you on 500 mg test per week year round or just a cycle?

Low HDL intermittently (Cycling) is not dangerous, but chronic/long-term may have a negative effect on endothelial health.

Aside from the fact that HDL is becoming more of a less significant marker of importance in the discussion for CAD. We can’t measure functionality, and we know testosterone ability to aid in reverse cholesterol transport so then the sheer number becomes less important if all other factors (inflammation, triglycerides, Lpa) are controlled.

BUT

Citrus Bergamot
Cardio
Krill Oil
And lowering your testosterone dose (because steroids have an inverse effect on the hdl to ldl ratio).

Can help.

I have genetically lower HDL; my dad had it too. He had 3 heart attacks 20 years ago so this was something for me to take note of. But other factors like hypertension, inflammation and endothelial dysfunction (big contributor being diabetes) played a far bigger role. Had those things been controlled, the HDL would be far less of a “contributing” factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aside from the fact that HDL is becoming more of a less significant marker of importance in the discussion for CAD. We can’t measure functionality, and we know testosterone ability to aid in reverse cholesterol transport so then the sheer number becomes less important if all other factors (inflammation, triglycerides, Lpa) are controlled.

BUT

Citrus Bergamot
Cardio
Krill Oil
And lowering your testosterone dose (because steroids have an inverse effect on the hdl to ldl ratio).

Can help.

I have genetically lower HDL; my dad had it too. He had 3 heart attacks 20 years ago so this was something for me to take note of. But other factors like hypertension, inflammation and endothelial dysfunction (big contributor being diabetes) played a far bigger role. Had those things been controlled, the HDL would be far less of a “contributing” factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cardio and BP control are big ones. Being sedentary, carrying a lot of body fat, and chronically elevated BP are going to have negative consequences on cardiovascular health.

HDL is only on facet of the whole equation. If HDL is impaired for a few weeks/months out of the year, the detrimental effect will be limited.

Note that it can 6-8 weeks for lipids to recover after using AAS

Nothing has brought my HDL up, from cardio to citrus bergamot/ red yeast Rice, cardarine. They did lower my LDL.

From what I have read, LDL's role in CVD is more prominent than HDL's role

Virgin coconut oil used 2x a day will raise HDL but its kind of a controversial ingredient so it should be used and decided upon on a case by case basis

I use Macadamian nut oil/EVCO twice a day. In addition, to all my other supplements, I use a high quality Fish oil high in DHA/EPA per capsule. Just to cover the basis, I take Krill too....I'm not convince Krill is superior to Fish oil. Recently though, I have been using the Mac oil....love the taste...I have been adding it to my protein shakes. I love it.

Last edited:
I use Macadamian nut oil/EVCO twice a day. In addition, to all my other supplements, I use a high quality Fish oil high in DHA/EPA per capsule. Just to cover the basis, I take Krill too....I'm not convince Krill is superior to Fish oil. Recently though, I have been using the Mac oil....love the taste...I have been adding it to my protein shakes. I love it.

Any specific brands for the fish oil and krill oil you are using?

Create problem and label lipoproteins "good and bad" (cholesterol phobia).

Create solution (Statins/PCSK9i/RNAi-[AKCEA-APO(a)-LRx]).

So, if HDL turns rouge loosing it's hypothesized function--capability to facilitate RCT/antioxidant capacity. Do we label it "bad" now that it's dysfunctional 🤔

Life Extension's Super Omega 3 product combines both fish + krill oil and even olive oil. Also astaxanthin (bc of the krill). I use this one.

Life Extension's Super Omega 3 product combines both fish + krill oil and even olive oil. Also astaxanthin (bc of the krill). I use this one.

It's olive extract..not olive oil. It's a pretty good formula, one that I've considered using as a staple. However, if you want to get 2g+ EPA, you're going to have to take (3) 2cap servings.
It does have DPA which Trevor Kouritzin is big on.

Currently, I would just use 1 TBSP Carlsons fish oil which in itself has a TON of omega 3's...and Jarrow Astaxanthin. Olive oil application can be done in shakes or just down the hatch at an appropriate time. Like Olive Oil, Macadamia Nut oil is a great Omega 9.

It's olive extract..not olive oil. It's a pretty good formula, one that I've considered using as a staple. However, if you want to get 2g+ EPA, you're going to have to take (3) 2cap servings.

Currently, I would just use 1 TBSP Carlsons fish oil which in itself has a TON of omega 3's...and Jarrow Astaxanthin. Olive oil application can be done in shakes or just down the hatch at an appropriate time. Like Olive Oil, Macadamia Nut oil is a great Omega 9.

This one looks good too. I searched it after seeing consumerlab.com mentioned it as a high dosed option

https://www.amazon.com/Solgar-Tripl...ateway&sprefix=solgar+fish+oil,aps,133&sr=8-4

I use two tablespoons of Carlsons fish oil and use Jarrow Astaxanthin too. I take two caps of Now Brand Krill oil....sometimes more. We are on the same page.

I found that quality olive oil was the best option

I do Krill at 500mgx6 a day,
I add olive oil locally pressed to just about everything including my coffee in the morning.
All good my end.

What ratio from cholesterol do we want to pay attention to again?

All the usual stuff (some of this helps indirectly)...

Sensible AAS and no orals.
Cardio.
Lot's of water.
Adequate fibre (specifically soluble) intake (black beans, lentils, avocados, sweet potatoes, broccoli, brussel sprouts, apples, raspberries etc).
High fat foods such as avocado (mentioned twice for a reason), walnuts, macadamias, almonds etc.
EVCO, EVOO, macadamia oil, avocado oil etc.
Omega 3 supp's aka Fish Oil, Krill Oil etc.
Citrus Bergamot.
Sytrinol.
Policosanol.
Garlic.
Metformin.
Curcumin.
Ubiquinol.

All in all stick to your cycle and when upping the doses be sensible with what you add in. So be careful with adding in the likes of tren or orals and if you have to do it for short periods, at sensible doses and don't make it a habit. Include cardio if you haven't already. Drink lot's of water and lead a healthy lifestyle. Eat good fats daily and make sure your fibre intake is sufficient. You can't go wrong with a few chicken stir frys each day (made with a little coconut oil) which include foods such as bean sprouts, black beans, peppers, garlic and onions etc. 1/2 avocado twice daily is a great thing to have and a good quality extra virgin olive oil will definitely increase hdl levels. Just make sure you don't heat it and add it to salads or drink it straight. If you don't eat much fish add in some fish/krill oils. I would also recommend citrus bergamot, policosanol and metformin. Watch the calories as well so if you have to add in some fats take away some carbs in the process.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws