• Humalog

Votes: 46 42.6%
  • Humalin-r

Votes: 55 50.9%

• Total voters

Diesed

Registered
Please comment/vote for which slin you prefer, when you take it and why

Been reading a lot about lantus vs. Humalog vs. humalin-r and I'd really like experienced users opinions

Thanks

PURELY MY OPINION: I will speak from personal experience. I want to start with saying this is the ONE thing I would NOT recommend to novice users. If you use it the wrong way, it will cause serious side effects.

I can say, first hand being diabetic, that humulog is the best choice. It has a shorter half life, it more predictable when taken properly, and can be used for massive weight/strength gains......carb loading prework out and replenish post workout....talk about INTENSE PUMPS.

I will disagree with anyone that says a high dose is necessary to get results here. 3-4 units, 3 days a week is what will keep you safe and get quality gains.

Unless you are a pro bodybuilder, I wouldn't take more than that or even toy with it

Humulin R so you can utilize the full pre/intra/post window with two shakes and a full meal with humulin's two peaks. 15iu per shot and use glutamine if you're trying to decrease carb intake to prevent going hypo.

Shakes are hydrolyzed proteins + quick Carb + bcaa or leucine.

Never gone hypo in many months of on off usage. U have to fuck up bad to misuse lin

Novolog

Kaladryn & pieguy : would you please care to elaborate on a modest/safe beginner slin protocol? That is assuming one has decided to without you outright endorsing novice slin use.

3-5iu humalin R pre wo, carb up with the standard shake mix, glutamine for added safety, more carbs post with pwo gh? Timing concerns? Safe carb intake? Low fat pwo meal?

Any good FAQs or writeups on a beginner protocol, in detail?

Last edited:
Humalin R (or Novalin R)

They are my favorite because they are legal without rx and easy to acquire.

I too prefer humulin R as well cause it's legal and cheap. Log is great if you're willing to carry a pen around and use it before meals.

Start with 5iu pre-workout with 10g/iu in an intra-workout shake and slowly work up to 15iu increasing by 3iu each time.

Shakes are either Dextrose or Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (JM and Mike Arnold Recommended) as your carb.

Peptopro, Hydro Casein, Hydro Whey as your proteins (whey is cheapest, casein+whey is probably ideal).

If you're super conservative, throw in 5-10g glutamine with your shake.

Also add 10g BCAA or 5g Leucine to the shake.

Vit C, Creatine, glycerol monostearate, etc etc are all beneficial but not
required.

Eat a meal 1.5 hours before working out and 1 hour post workout (or you can have another shake)

Just for simplicity sake, my process is currently

-1.5 hours preworkout (dbol + drol)
-1 hour preworkout (15iu humulin r)
-30 min preworkout (drink half of 100g dex/50g hydro whey/10g BCAA/10g creatine shake)
-Start of workout, refill shake with water and continue to drink shake throughout workout
-1 hour after workout (carb/protein meal with no fat)

Gets kind of silly how good this protocol (while not ideal) aids recovery. Just hit squat pr yesterday and woke up today with little to no soreness and a great fullness/pump.

I too prefer humulin R as well cause it's legal and cheap. Log is great if you're willing to carry a pen around and use it before meals.

Start with 5iu pre-workout with 10g/iu in an intra-workout shake and slowly work up to 15iu increasing by 3iu each time.

Shakes are either Dextrose or Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (JM and Mike Arnold Recommended) as your carb.

Peptopro, Hydro Casein, Hydro Whey as your proteins (whey is cheapest, casein+whey is probably ideal).

If you're super conservative, throw in 5-10g glutamine with your shake.

Also add 10g BCAA or 5g Leucine to the shake.

Vit C, Creatine, glycerol monostearate, etc etc are all beneficial but not
required.

Eat a meal 1.5 hours before working out and 1 hour post workout (or you can have another shake)

Just for simplicity sake, my process is currently

-1.5 hours preworkout (dbol + drol)
-1 hour preworkout (15iu humulin r)
-30 min preworkout (drink half of 100g dex/50g hydro whey/10g BCAA/10g creatine shake)
-Start of workout, refill shake with water and continue to drink shake throughout workout
-1 hour after workout (carb/protein meal with no fat)

Gets kind of silly how good this protocol (while not ideal) aids recovery. Just hit squat pr yesterday and woke up today with little to no soreness and a great fullness/pump.

How many times a week do you do this?

I pin preworkout 4x a week and 2 days a week, I add two more shots in the AM.

Monday - preworkout
Tuesday - 3 x day
Wednesday - off
Thursday - preworkout
Friday - 3 x day

I pin preworkout 4x a week and 2 days a week, I add two more shots in the AM.

Monday - preworkout
Tuesday - 3 x day
Wednesday - off
Thursday - preworkout
Friday - 3 x day

When is the other 2 shots in the a.m. and how many IU in those 2 shots?

I like humalog because it's not in your system as long, the peaks are more easily defined, and you don't have to avoid eating for long stints of time because you are waiting for it to clear your system

Kaladryn & pieguy : would you please care to elaborate on a modest/safe beginner slin protocol? That is assuming one has decided to without you outright endorsing novice slin use.

3-5iu humalin R pre wo, carb up with the standard shake mix, glutamine for added safety, more carbs post with pwo gh? Timing concerns? Safe carb intake? Low fat pwo meal?

Any good FAQs or writeups on a beginner protocol, in detail?

The problem with recommending protocols is the difference between individuals. I am VERY sensitive to slin, and I can go hypo on 2iu if I'm not on top of it. There are times in the past (many many years ago) where I would use 10iu of slin with no issues, however I don't have insulin resistance like that anymore.

Novolog has become the standard slin to be used in insulin pumps because it is the fastest acting and generally works the same in most people.

Slin use is simple for diabetics because they don't produce insulin. People that DO produce insulin AND take insulin can run into a lot of problems very easily. Things like the 10g carbs/iu formula that works for diabetics that don't make slin doesn't work for people who do make insulin in addition to the exo slin.

Some diabetics make a LITTLE insulin sometimes, but not always, this causes very dangerous issuse, especially if they say, release some insulin while sleeping in addition to having exo slin in their system.

Personally, I do not use slin anymore, I never noticed that much of a positive effect from it, and I don't like being paranoid about my blood sugar level. I think slin works well for people who have high insulin resistance, however for people who maintain very low insulin resistance, I don't think exo slin all that necessary.

The problem with recommending protocols is the difference between individuals. I am VERY sensitive to slin, and I can go hypo on 2iu if I'm not on top of it. There are times in the past (many many years ago) where I would use 10iu of slin with no issues, however I don't have insulin resistance like that anymore.

Novolog has become the standard slin to be used in insulin pumps because it is the fastest acting and generally works the same in most people.

Slin use is simple for diabetics because they don't produce insulin. People that DO produce insulin AND take insulin can run into a lot of problems very easily. Things like the 10g carbs/iu formula that works for diabetics that don't make slin doesn't work for people who do make insulin in addition to the exo slin.

Some diabetics make a LITTLE insulin sometimes, but not always, this causes very dangerous issuse, especially if they say, release some insulin while sleeping in addition to having exo slin in their system.

Personally, I do not use slin anymore, I never noticed that much of a positive effect from it, and I don't like being paranoid about my blood sugar level. I think slin works well for people who have high insulin resistance, however for people who maintain very low insulin resistance, I don't think exo slin all that necessary.

Thanks, good insight. And that just freaks me out! I go back and forth on this.

I must admit I was disappointed with my results the one time I used it for an extended time period. I even went up to 30iu a day the last week. I was surprised because I've always been hearing how it turns pros into freaks

I must admit I was disappointed with my results the one time I used it for an extended time period. I even went up to 30iu a day the last week. I was surprised because I've always been hearing how it turns pros into freaks

It's not a miracle drug, but it is another tool to use in pursuit of largeness.

Humulin -R is the way to go for me. The 4-5 hour insulin activity is perfect for me to get my nutrition in.

15-30 IU's pre-w/o gives me unreal pumps and fullness. I know this might seem way too high for some people but its what works for me.

Don't forget the glucophage though.

humulin r b/c it lasts thru pre w/o intra w/o and post w/o cant go wrong there. plus i dont need a script and can get it for 25$ at wmart. itake 16 iu 1.5 hr pre w/o and consume 60g protein plus 100g dextrose intra w/o n it works for me

I prefer LOG I haven't been able ( or really tried ) to get lantus but I would love to try it from what I know it's the future for slin heads .. All my friends who use lantus Love it

Humolog or nolvarapid

4 iu jabed in muscle 20mins after every meal is we're its at (no jabs after 8pm)

Eat every 2 hours and take a whey shake In between every meal, so you have food or shake every hour

Plus 15iu slin pre work, use the mike Arnold protocol

Don't eat any direct fat sources all day, just have 5 whole eggs before bed

1500mg metformin every day

1 month on 1 month off

This is what am doing ATM

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear