YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MK-677 made me a diabetic type 2 at least for now. (long post)

2elbows

Registered
Ok here me out 1st. I have been complaining for months I was not getting lean enough with Sermorelin, Ipamorelin , CJC 1295 with DAC and a very strict intermittent fasting , my carbs never exceed 70 grams a day. I have been on these for about 6 months.

Being frustrated I decided to try MK-677. I was running MK-677 with the other 3 for about 2 months. I noticed I started not to feel right just off a little. SO now I am 8 months in.

2nd thing is I have been told for years I was pre-diabetes only because my A1C floated between 6.0 and 6.5 no matter how strict I diet.
I am very aware of blood sugars and what spikes them so I was caught off guard when I did a at home A1C test. The one I use are + or - by one point. I know what they measure to. It came back as an 8.1 A1C.

I freaked out and broke out my blood glucose test kit. It was true my blood glucose was 178 and I had not had my 1st meal yet just a cup of black coffee. It being that high I took my metformin straight away good thing is that 1000mg’s dropped it back down in about a hour to 140 mg/dl.

I had a doc appointment already scheduled in the next 2 days so I knew I would ask him to check it to make sure I was right. We did a A1C came back in his office as 8.1 and he freaked out to. We did a full lab test added a fasting glucose tolerance test and I asked to check my IGF-1.

He was freaking out wanting to add another diabetes medicine. So, I did tell him I had experimented with MK-677. He is a longevity Dr and does prescribe HGH and things like Sermorelin. When I told him that he said well that could be the problem and he was not very happy with me. He asked me to stop doing all of them and I did. I also up’ed my metformin the last few weeks to 2000mg’s a day and that has really helped. My blood sugars stay around 110.

Got my results back and my IGF-1 was 388. And According to the Glucose test on that day I was a full-blown Type 2 diabetic. Not really good news but it validated my thoughts on what caused it.

It’s been about 3 weeks now and my blood glucose has stabilized. I check it multiple time a day and it’s between 110-130 depending on meals. My at home A1C test is always 5.9-6.1 I test it more than I should but I am paranoid. A1C measures the last 3 months but I am checking it almost every week.

Things to note.
My MK-677 is legit because when I was taking Sermorelin, Ipamorelin , CJC 1295 with DAC without it my IGF-1 was in the 220’s. Same applies when I was just running Sermorelin, Ipamorelin , CJC 1295 with DAC my blood sugars where pretty stable.

They did not go whacky until I added MK-677.
In 2 months of taking Mk-677 with the other 3 my IGF-1 rose more than a 100 points but so did my blood glucose.

I pretty much fucked myself over but luckily, it’s reversable.

Just wanted to share this because I researched here before I even tried MK-677 and it was hit and miss on insulin resistance. For me it fucked me up I don’t think I will use Mk-677 again.

And the only word of caution I’d say is if you are already a type 2 diabetic is don’t use it. And if you don’t check your blood glucose on MK-677 you should.

Can you describe more what you mean by not feeling right, just a little off?

Sure

I was having a lot of headaches.

I was having diarrhea which was not normal based on what I eat.
I was foggy.

I was having some pains that I thought the increased igf-1 would have cleared up. Example for about a week both forearms ached even though I had not worked forearms.

Dry mouth all the time. And just tired real tired I could sleep 10 hours and never feel rested.
Last I was having a lot of calf cramps had never had before. I take magnesium and potassium so it was not a vitamin deficiency.

My Dr. said this was all the signs related to full blown diabetes.

I don't have an appointment with him until March but we email each other about this as a check in. I feel much better now.

Last edited:
I’d go back to IF even just 12-14 hours per day. Add low dose DNP for 10-12 days, then go off. Then add back metformin 1000mg daily for 2 weeks, then go back to DNp for 10-12 days.

Fasted cardio, semi fasted weight training (EAA or hydro whey intra), higher volume lower intensity weight training ect.

That’s what I would do

I always IF

I’d go back to IF even just 12-14 hours per day. Add low dose DNP for 10-12 days, then go off. Then add back metformin 1000mg daily for 2 weeks, then go back to DNp for 10-12 days.

Fasted cardio, semi fasted weight training (EAA or hydro whey intra), higher volume lower intensity weight training ect.

That’s what I would do

The post is really about what MK-677 and high IGF-1 can do in regards to insulin resistance. I take metformin regularly for blood glucose and it's a supposed longevity drug.
I intermittent fast all the time it's my life style. I will never take DNP.

So you're using MK, CJC, Sermorelin, Ipamorelin, taking no insulin and wondering why your sugars are high with a ~400 IGF?

I'd kinda expect them to be high with that especially for months.

That's great, but there's many of us that have used MK without having issues like you. If you were to look at it, you are a small portion of the group that has been using a variety of peptides and who knows what else, and wants to blame it on the MK.

Last edited:
I pretty much fucked myself over but luckily, it’s reversable.

What do you mean by this?

You are both confused

That's great, but there's many of us that have used MK without having issues like you. If you were to look at it, you are a small portion of the group that has been using a variety of peptides and who knows what else, and wants to blame it on the MK.

You and the other poster are getting it twisted. I have done chemicals nearly 30 years. I don't blame Steroids or other chemicals for anything. If you read what I said I looked for "insulin resistant" side affects for MK-677 prior to taking it. On this board and others and it was hit and miss some say yes some say no. I'd taken real omni HGH back in the day and did not have this problem. Mk-677 was new to me.

All HGH IGF-1 boosters have a affect on blood sugars and insulin scientifically proven and if you don't know that you need to.

It was very apparent and almost a test case that when I was just on Sermorelin, Ipamorelin , CJC 1295 with DAC I was fine. My blood glucose was pretty stable. My IGF-1 was in normal range I just wanted a little more.

It was not until I added the Mk-677 did I become a true diabetic. It did what it was supposed to do with IGF-1 but the consequence of skyrocketing blood glucose was not what I expected. That's bad for your kidney's and other organs.

That's what I am sharing with the board.
You are correct when saying "others have used MK-677" with no affects.
Correct that everyone is biologically different and that we all react different.

I'd say if you are in your 20's and 30's and not already familial insulin resistant then you may not have any issues. But secondly how would you know you are OK and have no sides if you don't when taking igf-1 boosters check your blood glucose regularly that you are fine. Are you guessing?

Really my story is just my experience with 2 months of MK-677. I think it might help someone who was looking like I was especially in their 40's or 50's see what I experienced and go with another peptide.

I fucked myself by having high blood glucose and becoming a type 2 diabetic which is reversible. In 3 weeks I have been off I am back to normal.
I need a break anyway but when I start again MK-677 is one I will avoid. I will go back to my old peptide stack and add FRAG I think.

That's all I am trying to do is share a story man maybe it will help another old guy like me. Or anyone that's type 2 diabetic already.

Shouldn't one be taking insulin or memetics when using hgh or whatever?

Ok here me out 1st. I have been complaining for months I was not getting lean enough with Sermorelin, Ipamorelin , CJC 1295 with DAC and a very strict intermittent fasting , my carbs never exceed 70 grams a day. I have been on these for about 6 months.

Being frustrated I decided to try MK-677. I was running MK-677 with the other 3 for about 2 months. I noticed I started not to feel right just off a little. SO now I am 8 months in.

2nd thing is I have been told for years I was pre-diabetes only because my A1C floated between 6.0 and 6.5 no matter how strict I diet.
I am very aware of blood sugars and what spikes them so I was caught off guard when I did a at home A1C test. The one I use are + or - by one point. I know what they measure to. It came back as an 8.1 A1C.

I freaked out and broke out my blood glucose test kit. It was true my blood glucose was 178 and I had not had my 1st meal yet just a cup of black coffee. It being that high I took my metformin straight away good thing is that 1000mgÂ’s dropped it back down in about a hour to 140 mg/dl.

I had a doc appointment already scheduled in the next 2 days so I knew I would ask him to check it to make sure I was right. We did a A1C came back in his office as 8.1 and he freaked out to. We did a full lab test added a fasting glucose tolerance test and I asked to check my IGF-1.

He was freaking out wanting to add another diabetes medicine. So, I did tell him I had experimented with MK-677. He is a longevity Dr and does prescribe HGH and things like Sermorelin. When I told him that he said well that could be the problem and he was not very happy with me. He asked me to stop doing all of them and I did. I also upÂ’ed my metformin the last few weeks to 2000mgÂ’s a day and that has really helped. My blood sugars stay around 110.

Got my results back and my IGF-1 was 388. And According to the Glucose test on that day I was a full-blown Type 2 diabetic. Not really good news but it validated my thoughts on what caused it.

ItÂ’s been about 3 weeks now and my blood glucose has stabilized. I check it multiple time a day and itÂ’s between 110-130 depending on meals. My at home A1C test is always 5.9-6.1 I test it more than I should but I am paranoid. A1C measures the last 3 months but I am checking it almost every week.

Things to note.
My MK-677 is legit because when I was taking Sermorelin, Ipamorelin , CJC 1295 with DAC without it my IGF-1 was in the 220Â’s. Same applies when I was just running Sermorelin, Ipamorelin , CJC 1295 with DAC my blood sugars where pretty stable.

They did not go whacky until I added MK-677.
In 2 months of taking Mk-677 with the other 3 my IGF-1 rose more than a 100 points but so did my blood glucose.

I pretty much fucked myself over but luckily, itÂ’s reversable.

Just wanted to share this because I researched here before I even tried MK-677 and it was hit and miss on insulin resistance. For me it fucked me up I donÂ’t think I will use Mk-677 again.

And the only word of caution IÂ’d say is if you are already a type 2 diabetic is donÂ’t use it. And if you donÂ’t check your blood glucose on MK-677 you should.

It is a shitty diagnosis to get, for sure...and I feel for you, but let's be straight here. Your thread title was deceptive, as your Type II diabetes was not "caused" by MK-677. I know you didn't mean it it that way, but it is important to point out because it gives people the wrong impression.

As you said in your post, you were ALREADY in a state of pre-diabetes before you even tpuched MK...and you were already usinga variety of GHRP's and GHRH's BEFPRE you even started the MK, all of whiuch NP D OUBT contributed to your situation, along with other factors not listed in your post.

Basically, you were already on the verge of Type II diabetes and MK pushed you over the dge. MK did not breing you from a normal state of blood sugar metablism to someone with Type II diabetes, which is what your post implies.

Yes, I sell it, so I am going to dfefend it when somone's post isn't accurate, either intentional or by accident.

With that said, being that you are were already in a pre-diabetic state, I would behoove you to drop all GHRP's, GHRH's, and anything else that could cause blood sugar elevation. If you're not doing cardio...start. Keep your carb intake only to what is necessary for the attainment of your goals and no higher. Do not eat excessive amounts of dietary fat. Build more muscle mass, if possible. Basically, do everything you should be doing for someone in your situation.

I am sorry to hear of your unfortunate situation. Take care.

It is a shitty diagnosis to get, for sure...and I feel for you, but let's be straight here. Your thread title was deceptive, as your Type II diabetes was not "caused" by MK-677. I know you didn't mean it it that way, but it is important to point out because it gives people the wrong impression.

As you said in your post, you were ALREADY in a state of pre-diabetes before you even tpuched MK...and you were already usinga variety of GHRP's and GHRH's BEFPRE you even started the MK, all of whiuch NP D OUBT contributed to your situation, along with other factors not listed in your post.

Basically, you were already on the verge of Type II diabetes and MK pushed you over the dge. MK did not breing you from a normal state of blood sugar metablism to someone with Type II diabetes, which is what your post implies.

Yes, I sell it, so I am going to dfefend it when somone's post isn't accurate, either intentional or by accident.

With that said, being that you are were already in a pre-diabetic state, I would behoove you to drop all GHRP's, GHRH's, and anything else that could cause blood sugar elevation. If you're not doing cardio...start. Keep your carb intake only to what is necessary for the attainment of your goals and no higher. Do not eat excessive amounts of dietary fat. Build more muscle mass, if possible. Basically, do everything you should be doing for someone in your situation.

I am sorry to hear of your unfortunate situation. Take care.

Mike,
You are not getting it either. I don't know why this is so hard to grasp.
I was trying to give a PSA to people who are over probably I say 40 or pre-diabetes not to go all in with MK-677 if you are unsure like I was pick another igf-1 booster.

I am going to be 51 in February and for everything I do right getting old will make your body fail you at some point. I am 5'10 on a good day and weigh about 217.

I just had a Deca scan and I am 11% BF. A year ago I was 19% BF.

I do 20 minutes of HIT cardio a day 4 days a week and 3 days of BJJ for 90 minutes.

My carbs for the last year have not been over 70 grams 7 days a week. I eat a crap load of fiber and a good balance of fat and protein.

I take TRT, HCG, and started adding igf-1 boosters about 8 months ago.

I was completely fine taking Sermorelin, Ipamorelin , CJC 1295 with DAC no blood sugar changes maybe a point A1C rise. Say from a 5.9 to a 6.1.
That's livable and barely pre-diabetes.

I am going back to Sermorelin, CJC 1295 with DAC and going to add Fragment 176-191 5MG.

MK-677 did bring me to the point of being full diabetic for the 2 months I was on it. Took a couple weeks but after I got off it blood sugars went back down to normal.

You need to understand you could be pre diabetes as well. Meaning a vast portion of the population walks around with a A1C over 5.7. If you don't check it often just like cholesterol you have no idea how "fine" you are.

Sorry you are angry about the post but it was to help other folks who had asked many times on this board and others what the "possibility" of becoming severe insulin resistant might be. No one could answer. SO in my case for 2 months it pushed me over the edge.

I know you have been here a while but if you don't know the affect of IGF-1 on insulin sensitivity then go read a little more. Don't get triggered by that. I almost did by your comment. "Basically, do everything you should be doing for someone in your situation." I am 51 and probably look better than you or close.

And I don't have a situation I had a less than desired outcome from taking MK-677.

MK-677 did what it was touted to do but in my case it threw me out of whack hormonal and it is not one I will use again.

Thanks for the feedback.

I find my blood glucose goes up when I’m on MK-677 but returns to normal after going off. I see my most dramatic gains from MK-677 in the first few weeks. I gain size, strength, muscle fullness, and have incredible workouts because my joints feel cushioned. I’m thinking the way to go to avoid blood sugar issues is to cycle MK-677 with equal time on and off, short burst cycles lasting a few weeks. Yes, your IGF1 keep increasing if you stay on, but I love the results that come in the first few weeks the best, and it’ll keep blood glucose in check.

Thanks John

I am just trying to look like you buddy :0):):):)

Mike,
You are not getting it either.
Yes, I am.

I don't know why this is so hard to grasp.
It's not.

I was trying to give a PSA to people who are over probably I say 40 or pre-diabetes not to go all in with MK-677 if you are unsure like I was pick another igf-1 booster.
And this is where you're not "getting it". MK-677 didn't make you a Type II diabetic. You were already in a prediabetic state and using other GH/IGF-1 elevating agents prior to using MK. You then added MK into your program, which further elevated your GH and IGF-1 levels, pushing you over the edge into a Type II diabetes diagnosis.

So, I stand by my original asessment, which is that the title of this thread is inaccuarte, as it implies that MK-677 brought you from a normal state of BG regulation, to someone with Type II diabetes, which is not true.

I am going to be 51 in February and for everything I do right getting old will make your body fail you at some point. I am 5'10 on a good day and weigh about 217.

I just had a Deca scan and I am 11% BF. A year ago I was 19% BF.

I do 20 minutes of HIT cardio a day 4 days a week and 3 days of BJJ for 90 minutes.

My carbs for the last year have not been over 70 grams 7 days a week. I eat a crap load of fiber and a good balance of fat and protein.

I take TRT, HCG, and started adding igf-1 boosters about 8 months ago.

I was completely fine taking Sermorelin, Ipamorelin , CJC 1295 with DAC no blood sugar changes maybe a point A1C rise. Say from a 5.9 to a 6.1.
That's livable and barely pre-diabetes.
Livable? Of course, but prediabetes is NOT fine! It means you are on the verge of becoming Type II diabetic. Hence, the diagnosis of "prediabetes".

Also, it is a misconception that if your BG levels are fine, it means you are not insulin resistant. No, it doesn't necessarily mean that at all. In reality, you could have slightly elevated BG levels, or even normal BG levels, and yet be quite insulin resiatant. Having normal BG levels simply means that that your pancreas is currently able to produce enough insulin to keep your BG levels in line. This does not mean things are fine. In your case your body was already insulin resistant (hence, the prediabets diagnosis), yet was still capable of producing enough insulin to manage BG levels...barely! Then, when you added MK into the mix, your pancreas was no longer able to keep up, so your BG levels rose. MK was the straw the broke the camel's back--the final stressor that pushed you over the dge into Type II diabetes.

Tons of people are insulin resistant to varying degrees, yet have normal to slightly elevated BG levels...and therefore they think they are fine. Many people in this situation only need to become slightly more insulin resistant to start seeing elevations in BG levels. You already had problems...and decided to take something that is well known to decrease insulin senstivity (all Gh and IGF-1 levting agents do). Not a good idea.

I am going back to Sermorelin, CJC 1295 with DAC and going to add Fragment 176-191 5MG.
Bad idea. If you were already prediabetic when you were using those chemicals, before adding in MK-677, why would you go back to using substances that only exacerbate your condition?

MK-677 did bring me to the point of being full diabetic for the 2 months I was on it.
Yes, it pushed your over the edge from a prediabetic state to Type II diabetes. Tha's what happens when someone is already prediabetic and decides they want to use something that will lower their insulin senstivity even more.

This is why I said your OP was not accurate...because it's not. Saying that MK made you a Type II diabetic implies you went from a normal state of BG metabolism, to someone with a Type II diabetes. This is not what happend and that's why I said your thread title was inaccurate. It would have been accurate to say "MK further elevated my BG levels, moving me from prediabetes to Type II diabetes". That would have been accurate and completely fine by me. Your original statement was misleading, as it neglected to mnention about a dozen relevant variables.

Took a couple weeks but after I got off it blood sugars went back down to normal.
Yes, that is what happens when you remove GH and IGF-1 elevating agents.

You need to understand you could be pre diabetes as well. Meaning a vast portion of the population walks around with a A1C over 5.7. If you don't check it often just like cholesterol you have no idea how "fine" you are.

Sorry you are angry about the post
I was never angry. Just filling in the blanks.

but it was to help other folks who had asked many times on this board and others what the "possibility" of becoming severe insulin resistant might be. No one could answer. SO in my case for 2 months it pushed me over the edge.
I think it's pretty well known here that GH elevating agents decrease insulin senstivity across the board. You must've ben asking the guys who didn't know.

I know you have been here a while but if you don't know the affect of IGF-1 on insulin sensitivity then go read a little more.
Brother you are WAYYYY off base. Put it this way. If you have questions about GH, IGF-1 and inslin senstivity/resistance, ask me...not the other way ariound.

Aside from that, why would you even poost this? What did I say that would ever make you think I don't undersatand the connection between GH/IGF-1 and insulin senstivity/BG regulation? I mean, did you not read my prior post all the way through? I spoke directly about that.

Don't get triggered by that.
I'm not.

I almost did by your comment. "Basically, do everything you should be doing for someone in your situation." I am 51 and probably look better than you or close.
Well, you shouldn't be triggered, given the fact that I was correct. Let's run back over your sitiation in a nutshell, here. You were already using GHRP's and GHRH's and were prediabetic. You then added further IGF-1 elevating agents (MK) and became Type II diabetic. After realizing this, you dropped all GH and IGF-1 elevating agents and went back to a prediabetic state, yet you now want to add GHRPs and GHRH's back into your program, which fall into the exact same class of compounds which caused you to become Type II diabetic in the fist place (MK is a GHRP). Hmmm?

So, I will repeat what I said before by saying "...do everything you should be doing for someone in your situation." This includes the elimination of any drugs which cause your insulin senstivity to decrease.

...and I'm not sure what "looking good" has to do with anything. I mean, I could say "I am much bigger and stronger than you...and could break your arm off on an armwretling table, but what does that have to do with any of this?

And I don't have a situation I had a less than desired outcome from taking MK-677.
Situation, condition, predicament, whatever. You were diagnosed with Type II diabetes. Call it whatever you want.

MK-677 did what it was touted to do but in my case it threw me out of whack hormonal and it is not one I will use again.
I would sure hope not! I suggested abstaining from all GHRPs and GHRH's in both this post and the last, but to each their own.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
I think Mike does indeed "get it". The idea that all of these compounds, which are all different but of course all aim to do the same thing (increase HGH release and elevate IGF), don't all have a cumulative effect on insulin resistance and BG levels, is just absurd. The MK was the straw that broke the back, and it is really easy to assume that if you had been using MK first and BG levels were okay, then added in the rest of your GH releasing peptides, the same Type II diagnosis would have occurred. I get where your thinking is coming from, everything was ok until you tried something new, that was the single problematic factor. But again, all of these peptides have similar side effects and the MK is only the culprit because of when you added it.

70g of carbs per day?! This is enough to prevent ketosis and cause the brain to be starved for carbohydrate which causes the body to create insulin resistance in order to save sugar for the brain. This is a known mechanism for insulin resistance.

If you burn 2000 calories per day, you are going to need a lot more than 300 of them from carbohydrate, and if you aren't, you are going to need to be in ketosis or things are going to get whacky.

What was even the point of the OPs post? To argue?? I’d start running MT2, low dose dnp, metformin or berberine.

Lostsnof fasted cardio

70g of carbs per day?! This is enough to prevent ketosis and cause the brain to be starved for carbohydrate which causes the body to create insulin resistance in order to save sugar for the brain. This is a known mechanism for insulin resistance.

If you burn 2000 calories per day, you are going to need a lot more than 300 of them from carbohydrate, and if you aren't, you are going to need to be in ketosis or things are going to get whacky.

I agree. I feel like you either have to really do keto or moderate carbs. Eating enough carbs that won't make you keto but is still a low amount makes most people feel like shit.

Btw, low carbs are not mandatory for reversing T2D. Low calories are the main cure.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131