over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Would hgh help with my depression?

rumbletumble

Registered
Gentlemen, I've tried gear in the past and it did not mix well with my depression. I was wondering if hgh would help with my well being along with the many other benefits hgh has. I'm currently taking a couple different medications for my depression at this time. Any info. would be appreciated! Thanks-rt...

The only thing that helps depression is raising your level of self esteem. Trust me. I went through the same thing. No med will help that. Meds just hide it for a while.

i agree i dont think looking to gh as a way to make you feel better is a good idea. work on correcting the things in life that are making you depressed in the first place and then once that is settled gh can be the gravy.

While GH does give me a slight euphoric feeling at the beginning of the GH cycle. The feeling of well being seems to taper off after a while.

D-bol makes me feel the same way for a week or two after starting it.

you could try something to raise our serotonin levels. to combat depression. you can try 5-htp

Last edited:
Talk to a doc

You said you are currently on anti-depression meds? It sounds like they need to be adjusted or changed. I was a Marketing Manager for a very popular SSRI and if you find the right one, at the right dose - it can really make a difference to many people.
Long Term Depression is usually a chemical imbalance in the brain. Just like any other illness it is a real condition that requires medication. If your depression is recent or situational, behavior modification may work. For me at least, no amount of positive thinking or behavior modification helps much. I need medication.

Now to answer your question from my GH experience. GH made me bloated,very achy,tired and more poor. For me it caused depression.

Masteron and Provirion really help my mood tho'.

The only thing that helps depression is raising your level of self esteem. Trust me. I went through the same thing. No med will help that. Meds just hide it for a while.

Incorrect sir. Some people do need to be medicated due to chemical imbalances in their brain as triathloncoach said.

I have long term depression, gone to counseling and finally in the past year opted to get medicine to help me. BigSwole and triathloncoach made a very valid point. Some of us are just imbalanced, though, it's a very good idea to only use medication as a supplement to increasing one's self-esteem. that is what i do.

On topic, no supplement will eradicate depression. I takes a while to overcome especially if you go to the root (or roots) of the problem. I suggest finding out what makes you depressed, work on it, and go from there. Just like there is no magic pill for fat loss, there is no magic med for depression, you have to physically work on it and maybe supplement a little.

Rumble-
As said already, GH might give you a sense of well-being, but this is short lived. The health benefits remain, but there will be no lasting modd brightening effect. As triathalon said, you need to see a doc and toggle with the various depression meds out there till you find your sweet spot. You shouldn't still have depression if you were on the correct meds. And if we were all capable of "thinking" our way out of depression, noone would ever be depressed. It's a serious chemical issue and needs to be medically treated.

You said you are currently on anti-depression meds? It sounds like they need to be adjusted or changed. I was a Marketing Manager for a very popular SSRI and if you find the right one, at the right dose - it can really make a difference to many people.
Long Term Depression is usually a chemical imbalance in the brain. Just like any other illness it is a real condition that requires medication. If your depression is recent or situational, behavior modification may work. For me at least, no amount of positive thinking or behavior modification helps much. I need medication.

Now to answer your question from my GH experience. GH made me bloated,very achy,tired and more poor. For me it caused depression.

Masteron and Provirion really help my mood tho'.

Have you read the recent TIME magazine about anti-depressants?

yeS , you may have a chemcical imbalance that much is true. Drugs however are a band aid not a cure. I will not argue this point , i was on them for 20 fucking years including a stint in a hospital until i found a truly competent nuerologist that practices orthomolecular psychiatry. Contact dat b true and see if you can get access to his private forum...i have the entire story posted on his forum in the health section. I ahve been med free for over 2 years and happier than i have ever been. Like i said, teh pharm companies are full of shit and their marketing borders on criminal. The psych med industry will one day be looked back on as the single greatest crime ever commited against humanity.

to traithlon coach...i use to preach teh very same thing to people including the famous "well diabetics take insulin and my brain doesn;t make serotonin so i have to take that" and all the other bullshit they tell you. THEY ARE WRONG...nuerotransmitters are manufactured by the body from specific combinations of nutrients and enzymatic reactions...taht is where the key lies not in backing up the metabolism of a substance that you are not prodcuing adequately anyway...their logic does not even make sense. i was brainwashed by this shit for 20 years.

Last edited:
Just read morepains thread. I retract my statement above about the meds. Thats how good a job morepain did explaining his story.:)

With all respects, Bigswole and triathalon you guys should coach a special olymics team like I did so you can see what real mental problems are.

meds

When a conspiracy theory is thrown around about pharmaceutical companies pushing drugs that do not work just for profit, really does not fit the situation. The conspiracy would have to involve FDA, AMA, APA, and myriad of other medical professionals. The evidence is overwhelming that depression is a disease that cannot be cured with positive thinking. Most medical professionals, if not all, state that serotonin deficiencies are the cause of depression, which may be brought on by an event or a genetic disposition for depression. To throw out science would also make this forum irrelevant if science cannot be trusted with the data it interprets.

thats not the argument the argument is how do you PROPERLY treat the disease...try suffering with it for 20 years...then finding the answer...then come back and talk to me. positive thnking has nothing to do with it...its not even possible in that state. The ignorance that surrounds mental illness is so sad because it does not have to be this way. Like i said anyone that cares enough to learn can find the entire story on Dat B trues private forum.

Hmm

Best of luck to all of you who feel you know more than the medical community. I have spent many hours speaking with the top experts on depression in the world. It's difficult to understand how lay people can cavalierly reject the work these brilliant people put towards treating depression. But as these scientists would admit, there is still a long way to go. Morepain, I am happy you no longer suffer from depression.

Gamedog - not taking anything away from Special Olympians, but did you know there are more suicides than homicides in the USA? Depression kills tens of thousands of Americans every year. I do not know the world wide numbers.

Dragon MD - no I did not read the time magazine article. I love your posts and I was disappointed that you did not elaborate. As always I am very interested in hearing what you have to say. I'll look up the article based on you referencing it as relevant.

Did I end up on a Dianetics site?

LOL...guys, you have to take opinions and experiences based on where they came from. Morepain has an extensive history with depression, 20 years if I'm not mistaken, of taking a little of this with a little of that, then add in a little of this etc etc. I simply hold his opinions in higher regard than someone without any history of depression who happens to have an opinion on the subject. MD's are not infallible. It was the medical community that recommended cigarette smoking to calm the nerves fifty years ago. If this guy is saying he tried all the drugs and got worse, but all of a sudden now, after decades of depression, he is feeling normal again with a more hollistic approach, getting the body to heal itself....At the very least, it's a viable option for anyone out there who feels there are none left.

Sometimes I feel on top of the world after a hgh injection. I take 10iu pwo. Other times, I feel like passing out. HGH definitely will not make your depression worse.

I haven't posted on this site for quite a long time but I just wanted to 2nd morepain comments. I beleive my story is very similar to his. I suffered with SEVERE depression and anxiety with suicidal tendencies for around 10 years and did everything conventional medicine told me to do including taking all the various cocktails of pharmaceuticals they could pour down my throat.

Today I am healthy and feel 100% and suffer no depression or anxiety at all and haven't for many years. What made the difference for me is when found a Naturopathic doctor who believed that depression itself is not a disease but a symptom associated with an underlying imbalance that exists within the body somewhere. Even though I had spent a week in the hospital at one point and the conventional allopathic physicians did every test imaginable including brain scans etc. A simple saliva test suggested by a Naturopath taken several times over the course of a single day showed very clearly that my adrenal glands were fatigued. Without getting into the details of it all she put my on a cocktail of very specific vitamins, minerals and adrenal glandular extracts that all helped to rebuild this system in my body and ultimately cured my depression. There is no pharmacutical that can cure the root cause of your depression the best they can hope for is to mask the symptoms.

I have been taking HGH for years and I beleive it helps to make my adrenal glands stronger and healthier. Adrenal fatigue is certainly not the solution for everyone who suffers from depression. It most certainly was in my case. I undrestand that depression can show up in people with completely healthy adrenal systems but their imbalance is found to be in other systems such as the thyroid. If this is the case with the gentleman that started this thread then HGH could actually exasterbate the depression if you are already hypothyroid. So, HGH may help... It may make it worse... It may make no difference at all. If you beleive as I do that depression is the symptom of an underlying imbalance that exists somewhere within the body then you'd have to know what is causing your depression before you know if HGH will help or not.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws