Melanotan 2 (MT-II) Instruction from Peptide-Guide

956Vette

Registered
Peptide-Guide: Research Peptide Info

Melanotan 2 Dosing:

Light: .5mg
Common: 1mg
Large: 1.5mg

Melanotan 2 (MT-II) is an analog of alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone (a-MSH). Melanotan 2 comes in the form of a freeze dried (lyophilized) peptide in a sterile multi-use vial.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed** acts on melanocytes to stimulate melanin production. Melanin is the body's natural pigment responsible for your tan.

Melanocortins are a family of peptides beginning with the sequence: His-Phe-Arg-Trp. Melanotan peptides bind to and activate melanocortin receptors (MCRs) which influence pigmentation, inflammation, energy homeostasis, appetite and sexual function. MT-2 MCRs: MC1R, MC3R, MC4R & MC5R.

Melanotan 2 is a smaller and more potent than M-I (which targets MC1R) targeting more receptors. Melanotan 2 has a protective ring-like amino acid structure as compared to a linear peptide such as Melanotan One or Afamelanotide.

**broken link removed**

What does this mean? The fair skinned CAN achieve a natural tan with synthetic MSH, Melanotan 2. For people with sun allergies these discoveries are life changing. The best defense against skin cancer is a natural tan developed over time. MT-2 was designed to reduce skin cancer rates and be effective as a sunless tanner.

Who uses Melanotan 2? Athletes and fitness enthusiasts choose MT-2 as a lifestyle product to increase tanning efficacy, the aphrodisiac and appetite suppression. MT-2 was dubbed the Barbie drug and has been highlighted in numerous media channels. Synthetic melanocortin use helps to attain a tan with the least amount of exposure to harmful ultraviolet radiation (UVR).

spencereuropatan.jpg

Lower skin types on the Fitzpatrick scale are the best candidates for Melanotan 2.
**broken link removed**

Melanotan treatment stimulates melanin effectively, in particular those with low skin types.

**broken link removed****broken link removed**
Note: Melanotan is approximately 1,000 times more potent than natural a-MSH and MT-2 has a greater efficacy than M-I.

Disclaimer: Please pursue information regarding the usage of these products from your own research, academic journals, or the research of your in-house scientific team. Products are sold for research purposes are not for human consumption. Remember when you contact these types of stores/sponsors not to relate the questions or topics to human consumption or they tend not to answer. Always inquire in a research type question.

Melanotan 2 Peptide:
**broken link removed**
Melanotan 2 peptides come in 5mg and 10mg sizes. Photograph at left shows a 5mg and 10mg MT-2 peptide as an example. Peptides within photograph were synthesized by the same laboratory, contain no filler and therefore volume reflects content. All peptides and freeze drying processes are not created equal. Current MT-2 industry standard is the 10mg, 2ml vial size. Trending towards lower doses, freshness, safety, travel and other factors are increasing demand for smaller quantities. The 5mg MT-2 in the 2ml vial (photographed at left, on the left) size is available exclusively through **broken link removed**.

Reconstituted with bacteriostatic water (BW), MT-2 peptide remains potent and preserved. Reconstituting (mixing) your Melanotan 2 peptide is a necessity and will require proper due diligence for results. Nasal sprays, pre-mixed Melanotan 2, pills, oral and loose powder are not often legitimate. There are successful reports of nasal spray experiences, however, they are few and far between as the molecule is larger than the membrane will allow. Enzymes will render the peptide inactive if ingested.

Shipping and Handling: Melanotan peptides are durable and stable. Highlighted in study, the reconstituted MT-2 was shown to be stable at 37 degrees Celsius (98 degrees Fahrenheit) for at least 28 days. Shipping MT-2, even in summer months, is not a problem. Do not pay for cold shipping as it is not a premium. When receiving MT-2 it is recommended to store in the refrigerator.

Mixing:
Add BW to the vial when you are ready to begin MT-2 research. View the instructional youtube video on the PT-141 page to see the reconstitution process.

Remove plastic flip top from vial to expose rubber stopper. Needle will pierce the stopper making way inside the vial to turn the white powder into a clear liquid.

Calculator: Add 100 units (1ml) of water to the vial. 1ml/100 units will minimize the volume that you have to inject and will simplify the arithmetic in your MT-2 experiment.
https://peptidecalculator.com/

1ml syringe (U100), 1ml BW to reconstitute
Calculations for a desired 0.5mg/500mcg dose:
Step 1= 1ml
Step 2= 10mg MT-II
Step 3= 1ml bact water
Step 4= 500mcg dose
2-3 ticks on your insulin pin (approximately 1/20th of a U100 syringe)
pepcalcss.jpg

Some prefer to add more dilutent which works fine, take note of the volume increase.

Needles: 29-31 gauge X 1/2", 1 CC (100 unit). That is a typical insulin needle used to mix as well as inject. Use needles one time only. Once your technique perfected, injections are almost painless.

Starting dose:
Your first injection should be a very small dose, for example .25mg (250mcg). See how you react. Goal should be to feel nothing. Dose after dinner, before bed. Any dosing chart stating that you should take a high dose (according to your weight) is outdated and potentially dangerous.

Loading dose: Load with 0.5-1mg once a day. People who have used doses in this range generally report getting excellent results. Don’t worry if you miss occasional days. It will not make much difference, focus on the cumulative effects.

Maintenance dose: Maintenance is taking doses less frequently than daily to avoid becoming darker than you want. Yes, that will happen. With enough UVR, you will get much darker than you have even been before. A maintenance dose can help prolong super-physiological photo-protection MT-2 delivers.

UV Radiation: Melanotan is a poor sunless tanner. UV (from sun or a tanning bed) light is necessary to develop a tan. Without it, almost nothing happens. In other words, NO UV = NO TAN. Well, user will pigment depending on skin type.... If you have loaded for a full month and then start UV exposure, you (and your friends) will be astounded by how fast you tan and how dark you get. Moreover, it is advisable to keep areas of your skin that ordinarily get exposure covered up with a towel and/or zinc oxide (nose/lips/face) and let less exposed areas develop pigmentation first. Areas of skin that are typically sun-exposed in your day to day life will respond more readily to the effects of the melanotan peptides.

Fat Loss:
The melanocortin (MC) system is a signaling pathway for leptin and insulin. The MC system is important for control of food intake and body weight. MT-2 treatment results in adipocyte lipolysis. MT-2 increases fatty acid oxidation(FAO) in which the MC5R plays a significant role. MT-2 improves insulin sensitivity through stimulating FAO in skeletal muscle tissue. Reduced food intake from the anorectic response of MT-2 is primarily responsible for weight loss.

Watch yourself: Your tan can sneak up on you. A tan generally sets in 3 days after UV rays. Dose and expose yourself gradually to UVR when tanning. Love your skin.

Avoid burning: You are protected from burning mostly by your tan, not the MT-2 peptide. Therefore, don’t overdo the rays at first. Start with only as much UV that you could tolerate without burring before you began Melanotan. It should not take many weeks before you can tolerate hours of strong sun without burning. Truly incredible for those who have never experienced freedom to enjoy the sun.

Continue your regular dosing protocol until you have reached your desired tan and do not want to become darker. Cut injection frequency to once every 2, 3, 4, or even 7 days. Experiment to find the frequency that gives the tan you want.

Storage: Store freeze dried and reconstituted peptides in the refrigerator.

Do you have to inject MT-II?
Yes. The best, most efficient method of administering Melanotan peptides are subcutaneous (subq) injections. Nasal sprays are inconsistent and inefficient. No detectable levels were observed following oral dosing - pills do not work.
melanotan-injection.gif

Note: There are many things you will need to consider before experimenting with this peptide. Cyclic analogues (MT-II) have a wide range of peripheral effects and systemic control is always going to pose an issue in clinical use. Needless to say, MT-II is not an approved or regulated product. MT-II is legal to buy, possess, etc. Variables such as skin type and individual goals need assessment. Ask for critiques, plans and create a user log during use. Seasoned users are generally more than happy to offer tricks of the trade.

When you start supplementing a-MSH to tan keep in mind that tanning is literally a side effect. The tanning response is, in reality, a physiological repair mechanism to instant UV damage of the skin cells (epidermis/dermis). Melanocyte stimulating hormone is not going to color your skin, it is going to make your own skin create its own tan and that in turn creates protection. If you are looking to be some bronzed beach God with perfectly uniform and specific color then you are better off to going to mystic tan. Redheads, for example, naturally produce a variant form of melanin that is yellowish-red (pheomelanin). Do not expect a brown tan on a ginger body right away.

Know your skin type: Knowing your skin type is just one detail which will help create a user log. There are 10s of thousands of melanotan users worldwide who share the experience. Raise awareness and help others who want to hear success stories, complications and failures.

Am I a good candidate for MT-II?
Melanotan is best suited for the folks with skin types I & II. Prior sun damage, scars, tattoos, freckles, moles, hair color, etc are deciding factors prospective MT-2 users consider. This is a question handled best through asking the audience. Seek council other others at the MelanotanHQ forums.

How should I dose MT-II?
Start out small and build up. A typical starting dose is around .25mg and max dose reaching 1mg.

Things to consider: There is no magic pill or formula. Few dermatologists are familiar with Melanotan. The skin is a large, unpredictable organ. Feel comfortable and confident with MT-II before use. Check out as many before and after photos and user logs as you can. A skin type I individual may have to commit months of dedication before dialing in their desired results, be patient.

How much MT-II should I buy and how long will it last?

Skin type I: 30-50mg
Skin type II: 20-30mg
Skin type III: 10mg
Should last entire summer or season

How soon will I begin to see results?

You should notice a change in your skin tone after three weeks. If you have freckles, expect them to get darker before your actual skin color changes.

How long will tan last?
A tan developed using Melanotan 2 lasts much longer than an ordinary tan. A well-tanned person returning from a beach holiday will lose most of the tan in a month if they stop getting sun. But if they had been using Melanotan 2 and continued on maintenance after returning, they would still have most of their tan 3 months later.

Melanotan 2 Report 2007:
YouTube - Melanotan II report on Campbell Live of TV3, New Zealand - Sept. 2007

Side effects of MT-II?
Possible short-term side effects you should know about, including: nausea, appetite loss, facial flushing and increased libido. These may be noticeable during the first few days of treatment but should taper off.

Dosing an anti-histamine, such as Claritin (Loratadine), works to eliminate sides such as nausea after injecting.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
956Vette,
Great Info and thank you for posting.
About to give it another go again soon.

Yea, gotta find a nice medium to where the nausia does'nt get to you. I know 1.5mg a day makes me a little sick. I find it good to run 1mg a day for like 2-3 weeks, then drop to about 300mcg a day once you get some good color. I have noticed that it id very good and the color will come with no tanning, but tanning obviously helps. Best of all is you can tan like only every 5-7 days and still be super dark. You can alot of times get some dark spots, almost black, butr they go away or at least less evident once you darken up nice. I have only used it 2 times, find that 30mg is good to get started and last a little while, useually load 1mg a day with the first 15-20mg and then drop to 300-500mcg a day. 30mg will last almost 6 weeks with that protocole. I dont have the disposable income or access to bacteriostatic water rite now, so I'm not useing any, but will get back on as soon as I know I can buy 40mg along with get some bacteriostatic water and that should last 2 months. First 20mg over 20 days and then 500mcg a day with the other 20mg for about an 8 week total. Other than some nausia, there is the random erections throughout the day when on the stuff, it's really amazing and exponencialy better then tanning 4-5 times a week with a quadruple bronzing tingle excelorator. You do have to be pacient for it to kick in, but I notice it takes about 2 weeks for noticable results and after 3 weeks at 1mg a day the results are great. I would recommend tanning at least 1 time a week, msybe like 5 times a month, but again, I have gotten good color with no tanning, the tanning just darkens it and makes it look alot better IMO. I also tried something Dat came up with a few months ago, by injecting shortly before tanning on the days I tan, all other days I do at nite before bed.

Good post.

I have been doing 300mcg a day with a nice color increase with very, very little sun. I had some flushing and stomach upset the first 3 days, and now no problem at all. I will stay at a low dose like this since it seems to be working well, albeit, at a slower rate then high doses will be.

Thanks rAJ. Great post power81 - I dont believe the injection time makes much difference...but we will see where that trend goes

I think you have the right dose and strategy eric :)
9 Tips for Melanotan 2 Success
Dose escalation. With Melanotan 2, a good starting point is .25 mg. The goal is to find the smallest effective dose possible while limiting side-effects. Everyone is different, not all suppliers are created equal.

Anti-histamines. Anti-histamine use can help reduce post injection nausea from MT-2. The anti-histamine reduces the probability of the body reacting that way to the introduction of the foreign compound. Claritin (Loratadine), Zyrtec (Cetirizine), Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) are appropriate.

Cover your eyes and face. Fair skinned MT-2 users particularly. As limited UV exposure is essential for a natural looking tan, experiment with your body first. Try and avoid exposing your face until your 2nd or 3rd Melanotan cycle. Many out there overexpose themselves leaving their faces looking extra dark. Purple lips, wrinkles and freckles are just some of the lovely characteristics misuse can bring. Your face is sensitive, protect it. Achieving a balanced tan is what most of us are after.

Ignore dosing charts.
Rely on a common sense approach of dose escalation and experimentation. Charts which float around the net often have not kept up with the collective and advocate dangerously high dosages.

Read current guides. Find the best information from many sources. Misinformation, trends, fades, and propaganda run rampant in the marketplace. Successful how to guides often share many similar principles which are extremely helpful to pay attention to.

Rely on referrals. A seller who has stood the test of time and has referrals is likely looking out for you. A seller or area touting concerns about fillers, standards or origins often are misguided.

Log & support user logs. Creating or simply participating in user logs offers insight into the thought process of the MT-2 user. The market relies on the collective knowledge. Rare there are detailed instructions applicable to you and your specific objectives. Ask questions. You will be surprised how many tricks of the trade rise to the surface.

Weight-loss. Clinical data is on the rise. For now, many users believe MT-2 has fat loss/appetite suppression possibilities. Maximize fat loss when you use MT-2 on days or during time periods when you are fasting or in a caloric deficit.

Travel sized Peptides. Although reconstituted MT-2 lasts for months when refrigerated, peptides are perishable items and require a certain level of care. 10mg MT-2 has been the industry standard size. With the dosage charts on the decrease, dose escalation on the increase, 5mg MT-2 offers further efficacy. Rather take a 10mg or 5mg MT-2 on a 4 day vacation? What about a 2mg PT-141 for the weekend? These are some options to take note of. From experience I can tell you there is not much exciting about bringing a 10mg vial on a trip only to pitch 5-8mg of the product in the trash before the flight home.

Thanks rAJ. Great post power81 - I dont believe the injection time makes much difference...but we will see where that trend goes

I think you have the right dose and strategy eric :)
9 Tips for Melanotan 2 Success
Dose escalation. With Melanotan 2, a good starting point is .25 mg. The goal is to find the smallest effective dose possible while limiting side-effects. Everyone is different, not all suppliers are created equal.

Anti-histamines. Anti-histamine use can help reduce post injection nausea from MT-2. The anti-histamine reduces the probability of the body reacting that way to the introduction of the foreign compound. Claritin (Loratadine), Zyrtec (Cetirizine), Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) are appropriate.

Cover your eyes and face. Fair skinned MT-2 users particularly. As limited UV exposure is essential for a natural looking tan, experiment with your body first. Try and avoid exposing your face until your 2nd or 3rd Melanotan cycle. Many out there overexpose themselves leaving their faces looking extra dark. Purple lips, wrinkles and freckles are just some of the lovely characteristics misuse can bring. Your face is sensitive, protect it. Achieving a balanced tan is what most of us are after.

Ignore dosing charts.
Rely on a common sense approach of dose escalation and experimentation. Charts which float around the net often have not kept up with the collective and advocate dangerously high dosages.

Read current guides. Find the best information from many sources. Misinformation, trends, fades, and propaganda run rampant in the marketplace. Successful how to guides often share many similar principles which are extremely helpful to pay attention to.

Rely on referrals. A seller who has stood the test of time and has referrals is likely looking out for you. A seller or area touting concerns about fillers, standards or origins often are misguided.

Log & support user logs. Creating or simply participating in user logs offers insight into the thought process of the MT-2 user. The market relies on the collective knowledge. Rare there are detailed instructions applicable to you and your specific objectives. Ask questions. You will be surprised how many tricks of the trade rise to the surface.

Weight-loss. Clinical data is on the rise. For now, many users believe MT-2 has fat loss/appetite suppression possibilities. Maximize fat loss when you use MT-2 on days or during time periods when you are fasting or in a caloric deficit.

Travel sized Peptides. Although reconstituted MT-2 lasts for months when refrigerated, peptides are perishable items and require a certain level of care. 10mg MT-2 has been the industry standard size. With the dosage charts on the decrease, dose escalation on the increase, 5mg MT-2 offers further efficacy. Rather take a 10mg or 5mg MT-2 on a 4 day vacation? What about a 2mg PT-141 for the weekend? These are some options to take note of. From experience I can tell you there is not much exciting about bringing a 10mg vial on a trip only to pitch 5-8mg of the product in the trash before the flight home.

Good points about #1, doseing charts, everyone is different and common sence really is the only doseing guide that is going to work for you. Also, I dont see a need to bring any on a trip if traveling, maybe load a high dose before you leave, but I know that when I personaly stop, the color lasts a while and takes a while to fade, so there is not much of a reason to bring any unless your going away for a couple weeks. I'm not sure how airport security would treat it if they found it, I know cops found some in my ex gf's fridge and knew enough not to do or even say anything about it.

r u the same vette that used to be in the lab at ar.com?

I've used a lot of your help there for some of my brews in the past. You've been around for a long time. You were a fantastic help! Thanks man:) Thanks for the great post here too

Thanks for the kind works jef :cool:

I've used a lot of your help there for some of my brews in the past. You've been around for a long time. You were a fantastic help! Thanks man:) Thanks for the great post here too

I think part of it has to do with the product.
Ive used a few that made me feel like I was real real car sick.

The best from my experiences up until now was Mt2 from a place called tanresearch.

I have been doing 300mcg a day with a nice color increase with very, very little sun. I had some flushing and stomach upset the first 3 days, and now no problem at all. I will stay at a low dose like this since it seems to be working well, albeit, at a slower rate then high doses will be.

From my research...but this is the best way to go personally so I agree...minimum dosages produce minimal side effects.

BEST I have found is 250-300mcg before sun and same after. While getting darker do that a couple times a week and even take one dose a couple of other days a week...something like 2 days on 1 day off is fine.
Once you get where you want to be can be maintained with ONE time in a little sun with a dose of 250-300mcg and another dose of the same 3 days later.
Basically to maintain you should get sun 3x a month with a dose...and 4-5 doses spread thru the month anytime. Very little stomach discomfort with GREAT results and minimum freckling. To get darker get sun 6-8 times a month with a dose before and after (250mcg before and 250 after) and then take 250-300 another 6-8 times a month.
Works well for me and get compliments on my color often. Dark but not too dark...and I don't need to get in the sun or tan beds more than 3 times a MONTH.

Mixing question...
If I were to pull a single dose of MT2 and a single dose of GHRP6 or 2 in the same pin would it be ok together at room temp for a few hours?

Would like to do this and bring to the gym today and pin post workout before I head to the pool....

Thanks!

Mixing question...
If I were to pull a single dose of MT2 and a single dose of GHRP6 or 2 in the same pin would it be ok together at room temp for a few hours?

Would like to do this and bring to the gym today and pin post workout before I head to the pool....

Thanks!

It isnt a recommended practice. Hard to say how long it is okay to combine/mix peptides. For the gym and pool...imagine you will be just fine. Long term storage is the no no. Will lookout for more thorough info meanwhile

someone told me it will make your boys really dark to.

Guess you better wear a sock on your cock.

But even without sun, you get some color right

someone told me it will make your boys really dark to.

Guess you better wear a sock on your cock.

But even without sun, you get some color right

You definitely are better off covering your member, correct. Without the sun you get some color, yes. Melanocytes vary from person to person...which makes it slightly complicated.
When using these peptides you are in control of the dose and UV rays. There are many ways it can fit into a lifestyle.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131