YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What was the most impressive lift you ever saw in person by a well-known bodybuilder?

Well i met Cory and Jeff Everson at a grand opening of a golds gym in Arlington Texas around 1986 and Jeff took 565 and did 8 reps on the bench press, raw.

he wasnt a bber but reggie white was alternate dumbell curling 120s for sets of 15.
and he's not well known, but charlie williams, @chuckkitty on instagram, does seated db presses with 150s all the time.
i cant even lift 150 up to start position, let alone do 2 at once then do 10 reps.

Last edited:
I can't remember his name. He used to be sponsored by animal pak. I believe it was in 07 or 08 at the Arnold Classic. This guy weighed 196 lbs and squared 405 26 reps past parallel

I saw Superman make the earth rotate backwards in 1980.

Steve Kuclo doing sets of bodyweight pullups a few weeks out of the 2018 Indy Pro.

Joe Mackey squatting 585lbs. for reps on a weekly basis.

This got me thinking,no bs i trained at Balloons gym in Fort Worth to get ready for the Lackland classic at the air force base,, i got 3rd out of 28 lightweights,, the owner was Steve Balloonberg ex power lifter, had Ted Arcidi visit ,you guys know him,anyways he took 3 plates on the straight bar, 315 and did 10 reps skull crushers. No shit.

Derrick Farnsworth:
He did 20 reps ass to the floor on 405Lb squats, rested 60 seconds, then did 20 more reps. He’s the hardest working guy I’ve ever seen on legs.
He won the Mr. Olympia pound for pound world’s strongest bodybuilder in the squat and deadlift.
I used to train legs every Sunday while he trained legs. No way in hell did I have the halls to train legs with him. Haha

Last edited:
Well i met Cory and Jeff Everson at a grand opening of a golds gym in Arlington Texas around 1986 and Jeff took 565 and did 8 reps on the bench press, raw.

that's insane! what did he weigh? that put him at well over a 600 bench, probably closer to 650 which couldn't have have been too far away from the record at the time. I think Ted Arcidi held it around '86.

Ronnie squating 6 plates on each side and chatting with us between sets, not even out of breath. He was guest posing at our NPC show and I worked at the gym. Really cool experience.

In the late 80's the Barbarian Brothers visited/worked out where I worked. Those guys were beasts. I recall them doing shoulder presses with 405 and doing dumbbell curls with the 150's. That end of the rack saw very little use back then. I remember because they didn't rerack their plates/dumbbells...and I was the guy who cleaned up and locked down the gym at midnight.:mad:

I train at a pretty hardcore gym here in town.....mainly big power lifters and a couple bodybuilders.....I’m the only men’s physique guy....lol....but anyway we have 2 guys that are 1000 lbs squatters.....I helped spot both guys squat around 1005 lbs......I came out of the powerlifting room shaking I was so amped up.....crazy ass weight!!!!!

I train at a pretty hardcore gym here in town.....mainly big power lifters and a couple bodybuilders.....I’m the only men’s physique guy....lol....but anyway we have 2 guys that are 1000 lbs squatters.....I helped spot both guys squat around 1005 lbs......I came out of the powerlifting room shaking I was so amped up.....crazy ass weight!!!!!

i take it those squats were suited. what do these guys squat raw?

Prolly 1988 Mike Christian opening up a Golds Gym in a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio grabbed a pair of 100's and curled them fairly easy. I was younger so it pretty much blew my mind....:eek:
B2D

One of best friends was doing a workout for the Miami dolphins and Benched 225 for 43x.

The scout said well... I don’t see strength being an issue and just laughed to us. When he turned 38 last year he repped it 225 for 38 on his birthday. He got signed as a free agent with Chicago Bears but got released in training camp and that was it.

BTW, he was a linebacker weighing 225-235 his whole college career.

One of best friends was doing a workout for the Miami dolphins and Benched 225 for 43x.

The scout said well... I don’t see strength being an issue and just laughed to us. When he turned 38 last year he repped it 225 for 38 on his birthday. He got signed as a free agent with Chicago Bears but got released in training camp and that was it.

BTW, he was a linebacker weighing 225-235 his whole college career.

what were some of his other lifts? could he clean a ton?

I was gonna say Derik Farnsworth as well. Watching this man do legs makes me throw up. Hes so fucking short but literally the strongest motherfucker ive ever seen

Kevin Levrone 2 weeks after he competed in the Mr. O bench pressed 5 plates a side for prob 7-9 reps. It was RAW. he did not look big enough to do that. strong as fuck
-F2S

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc