over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

supraspinatus exercises

jbthumper

Registered
I hurt my supraspinatus and have been rehabbing it in the gym. Getting my bench back to where it was.

Are there any good exercises recommended to help strengthen it?
My shoulder still clicks a little in certain motions.

https://youtu.be/eIq5CB9JfKE

Face pulls with press are good

When I've strained mine I also find that laying off heavy free standing curls helps too, as the biceps crosses at the same spot on the front of the shoulder.

https://youtu.be/eIq5CB9JfKE

Face pulls with press are good

When I've strained mine I also find that laying off heavy free standing curls helps too, as the biceps crosses at the same spot on the front of the shoulder.

Yeah, doing machine curls or even seated dumbbell curls helps take some of the stress off.

Bro, lets get to the bottom of this...what do you mean you hurt your supra?

Why do you think " working it" is going to help? That doesnt make sense at all... in fact you are probably making it worse as its probably a tear you are referring do. if its just tendinosis then you need to be focusing on a negative portion without causing impingement. If it is a tear it needs to heal fully first and then slow start to work it on ranges of motion under 90 degrees but only after it heals.

if you are worried about your supra please disregard comments about facepulls with humerus ABducted to 90 degrees as you are probably fucking it up worse if you have AC joint arthrosis and just tearing up your myotendinous junction.

Your biceps tendon has nothing to do with your supra. While true its close by, and even more true that most people think that have shoulder pathology when really its intra articular biceps pain.

Clicking is likely labral....which you cant rehab.

Now if you are just GUESSING its supra injury and you are actual having shoulder pain then thats a different discussion.

Gotgame, great point! When someone is using that terminology I mistakenly assume they have already been seeing a professional for the diagnosis and initial rehab... Always forget that people just like to use these terms.

Gotgame, great point! When someone is using that terminology I mistakenly assume they have already been seeing a professional for the diagnosis and initial rehab... Always forget that people just like to use these terms.

Yea its tough because not everyone has access to imaging easily or has seen a physician. And even if they have its extremely...i mean EXTREMELY uncommon to have an isolate supra strain that would subsequently benefit from isolated rehab although i have seen it.

I just cringe with people " work there rotator cuff" which certain exercises. The one that makes me cringe the absolute most is humerus abducted to 90 degrees and elbow flexed 90 degrees and rotating up in half circles up and down. That is TERRIBLE! it closes your AC joint/humeral head distance and most people have entheso/osteo phytes projecting right next to the myotendinos junction and it just can rub your tendon back and forth causing small tears.

The issue i have is these "gurus" on youtube etc have no clue. So that exercise would be fine for a 14 yr old boy with no prior issues but for bodybuilders with years under the weights they will have AC joint arthrosis and already have tendinosis so now there is a big issue with doing those movements. In order to work supra you have to do it at the lower ranges of motion, like maybe laying on a 45 degree angle on a bench and doin laterals like that or taking a few steps away from the cables and doing side laterals but not going up all the way.

Ok but now im rambling. Just FYI.... most shoulder pain isnt cuff pathology. Minor pain is often biceps tendon issues and bursitis. Clicking is commonly labral with you arent gonna rehab your way through.

If you are trying to work your cuff then you need to focus on the negative portion VERY slowly....like 4-5 seconds down. Thats what will help your tendons heal over time..

Yea its tough because not everyone has access to imaging easily or has seen a physician. And even if they have its extremely...i mean EXTREMELY uncommon to have an isolate supra strain that would subsequently benefit from isolated rehab although i have seen it.

I just cringe with people " work there rotator cuff" which certain exercises. The one that makes me cringe the absolute most is humerus abducted to 90 degrees and elbow flexed 90 degrees and rotating up in half circles up and down. That is TERRIBLE! it closes your AC joint/humeral head distance and most people have entheso/osteo phytes projecting right next to the myotendinos junction and it just can rub your tendon back and forth causing small tears.

The issue i have is these "gurus" on youtube etc have no clue. So that exercise would be fine for a 14 yr old boy with no prior issues but for bodybuilders with years under the weights they will have AC joint arthrosis and already have tendinosis so now there is a big issue with doing those movements. In order to work supra you have to do it at the lower ranges of motion, like maybe laying on a 45 degree angle on a bench and doin laterals like that or taking a few steps away from the cables and doing side laterals but not going up all the way.

Ok but now im rambling. Just FYI.... most shoulder pain isnt cuff pathology. Minor pain is often biceps tendon issues and bursitis. Clicking is commonly labral with you arent gonna rehab your way through.

If you are trying to work your cuff then you need to focus on the negative portion VERY slowly....like 4-5 seconds down. Thats what will help your tendons heal over time..

have a screw in left shoulder. tore that labrum 13 years ago. now it clicks and causes pain and i can feel it sliding in out of the joint if i put my palm on my head and move my elbow back and forth. ortho has confirmed ac joint damage and arthritis in both shoulders. do you recommend the above for rehab purposes? do you also recommend i stop all pressing exercises for awhile? can i continue doing pull-ups? bottom position of pullups of pull-ups can be painful but only sometimes.

Last edited:
OP, can you explain where you hurt? How did you hurt your shoulder?

Don't worry about getting back to your previous benching weight. Fuck numbers. If you look good warming up the shoulders and benching lighter weight compared to going for a certain number while injuring your shoulder in the process, what's the point. Its just a number with sacrifice for to your joints.

I hope you aren't trying to do flat benches anymore. Switch to decline and low angle inclines. I would also avoid any over head presses and behind the neck chins/pulldowns.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131