over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Skin Cancer

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Thought it might be good to remind everyone about not getting too much skin exposure, because eventually you have a good chance of getting skin cancer. I will turn 50 early next year and mine showed up last year when I was 48. As a kid and young adult I used to lay in the sun and even used lotions that were supposed to increase the sun's tanning effect. I never wore sunscreen much at all. The past 11 years after my heart attack I have been much more careful and wear it now, but its too little too late.

Looks like I have basal cell carcinoma. Just found out today. https://www.skincancer.org/skin-cancer-information/basal-cell-carcinoma

Doctor cut them off and sent them to the lab for testing. Hoping it isn't malignant, but she said it sure doesn't look like it. So im most probably safe from that. Will still probably have to go back and get more cut off.

You young guys out there, wear sunscreen and don't use tanning beds. Tanning alternatives that some bodybuilders use may not be a half bad choice IMO. I don't know about the sides from those though. Your skin will be fine for years, but when you get older that shit starts to form.

So now I can say I had a heart attack and skin cancer! Whohoo!

Ugh, that sucks. Hopefully your doctor's correct and they can cut it out with nothing else needed. You've been through worse than this so I have no doubt you'll follow doctors orders and be fine.

Ugh, that sucks. Hopefully your doctor's correct and they can cut it out with nothing else needed. You've been through worse than this so I have no doubt you'll follow doctors orders and be fine.

Yeah, after my heart trouble this seems like a walk in the park. Too bad I worshiped the sun so much when I was younger. If I hadn't done that I wouldn't be having this cancer now.

I had one in the middle of my forehead ...really freaked me out when they told me cancer and even more when the dermatologist gouged a hole in my head to dig it out...luckily it looks fine today.
Tanning beds grew up at the beach never used sunscreen, never wore a hat either.
It's tough now I want to lay out in the sun so bad and go to the beach with a hat and shirt on....
I wish people would heed advice but I see so many kids laying out in sun now and no way are they wearing sunscreen I'd bet.

As soon as they get out of their parents in their teens they are shaking and baking probably a rebellion against sunscreen since I see so many parents bathe their kids in it from head to toe.

I bet 10-15 years from now at least half of the Jersey Shore cast will have had melanomas removed.

Thank you for the reminder.

My mom had skin cancer, although I dont really know. They have operated her and a few weeks later told us that the skinpatch they took was 'clear'. Basically nothing. I can tell you my mom was scared to death and till this day is scared to death of any cancer.

I've got a big squamous cell growth I need removed from my back, had it since I was 14 ive but had a dozen doctors see it in the past 14 years since. How much did your operation cost?

I had surgery to remove two basal cell carcinomas a month ago, I have a follow up next week since they were sent to the lab to be tested and rule out further surgery. One of those fuckers was on my lip and I now have a 5cm scar to show for it, so yes, take care and don´t overexpose yourself, I spent my childhood in the sea during the summers (47 now) and having fair skin and blue eyes I guess I´m now paying for it.

Use MII and less sun or beds

yes. it's truly amazing to me just how little sun exposure i need to get and keep a great tan while on mt2.

then to maintain the tan is even easier. like 15-20 minutes out in the sun 3 times a week or so..

It's a great reminder. I hope it all turns out fine for you. I've got a couple things my dermatologist is keeping an eye on, have had stuff burned off preventatively. Needless to say, I am WAY more cautious with my skin. This will be my first prep not using tanning beds or trying to get extra sun. Not worth the risk/damage.

my dad had multiple ones removed from his nose and forehead.
i had a couple pre-cancerous moles removed, needed stitches. never thought much of it. that was 03.
now i definitely have a problem on my right trap. a big black mole that appeared and it getting bigger.
like u, never used spf, got burned every year.....spent whole summers outside in shorts only.
my face is shot, look alot older than 49 now also.
just like smoking, we dont give a shit until its too late.

For those who feel a little nostalgic or want to reflect on life with the recent passings (not only in bb'ing world for me), this hits home. It's not really a song but more of a life reflection.

With a Fitting name for this topic:

https://youtu.be/sTJ7AzBIJoI

I've got a big squamous cell growth I need removed from my back, had it since I was 14 ive but had a dozen doctors see it in the past 14 years since. How much did your operation cost?

Ive only had the biopsies taken and don't know that cost on that. I will have to go back and probably have her cut out more. it shouldn't cost much. SHe just gave me a shot of something to numb the skin and then took what looked like a razor blade and shaved off that part of my skin. It isn't really deep. If it comes back from biopsy and says they are worse than she thought then I may need surgery where they cut deeper and use sutures etc. Right now I don't think I will need that.

Good reminder. I've been really proactive these days about using sunscreen when I have sun exposure. Not only do you have to worry about skin cancer but it ages the skin significantly over time.

Right. This is the shit you can do when you are young and don't seem to pay any price, but once you get older than damage accumulates. Skin cancer is no joke. I think it is important for bodybuilders in particular to think about this. It is also coming into summer time. Wear sunscreen! I never used to.

For those who feel a little nostalgic or want to reflect on life with the recent passings (not only in bb'ing world for me), this hits home. It's not really a song but more of a life reflection.

With a Fitting name for this topic:

https://youtu.be/sTJ7AzBIJoI

I kinda look at sun exposure the same way I do steroid use now. When you are young and doing it everything seems like it is going to be ok. You see mostly positive results. Sure you get some sunburns but you can deal with that, sure you might get bloated and get a little bit of gyno but you can deal with it. After years of doing it though, the damage starts to accumulate. A bit like the cartoons that show a little snow ball at the top of a mountain and as it rolls down it gets bigger and bigger until it crushes a whole village.

My wife is late 40s and in the last 5 years has had 33 spots of basal cell carcinoma removed. We both had way too much sun growing up living in the south and staying at the pools and lakes. I have had 5 spots removed from my back and all we not basal cell carcinoma. Protect your skin.

My wife is late 40s and in the last 5 years has had 33 spots of basal cell carcinoma removed. We both had way too much sun growing up living in the south and staying at the pools and lakes. I have had 5 spots removed from my back and all we not basal cell carcinoma. Protect your skin.

Is she really fair skinned or maybe even a redhead? Thank goodness all of those were just basal cell and not something worse.

I was fortunate that my parents always told me to use sunscreen even as a kid. I just never really stopped. I’m able to tan with barely any sun...Greek blood. I still get checked every year, no cancer....Thank God. I was neveral a fan of looking like leather face.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws