over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bulking on keto

pahlevan

Registered
I've never tried this but looking to get some info on how to most effectively do this. What are the ratios of nutrients if any etc...
I generally feel so much better on Keto, no bloat, heartburn etc..
Any info is appreciated.

I don’t know if true ketosis is an efficient energy pathway for training.

I would keep peri workout carbs, and just do protein fats the rest of the day if you don’t like carbs.

You need an efficient fuel source for training; nothing is better than carbohydrates in that regard.

This is all taking into consideration an off season muscle gain goal. Maintenance or fat loss; lots of people do extremely well on keto. NYMuscle and Bboy are a few that come to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never tried this but looking to get some info on how to most effectively do this. What are the ratios of nutrients if any etc...
I generally feel so much better on Keto, no bloat, heartburn etc..
Any info is appreciated.

I did it for the same reason as you. I didn't think I could break all the rules doing it (meaning cals in vs cals out) but I thought I may feel better. It didn't work. What felt best for me was eating more moderate carbs and higher fat. I felt the best that way by far.

When I say "it didn't work". I felt like I was missing something and when I added in 200 grams of carbs a day it made a world of difference. I also believe there are beneficial micronutrients I want to take in when I increase calories from fruit that I didn't like missing out on.

There are some guys who successfully bulk on keto, but for most, the addition of carbs makes it a whole hell of a lot easier. Id suggest a targeted keto approach. Cyclical keto works great, also, but the amount of carbs that need to be taken in to give you any jam in the gym throughout the week can seem pretty daunting and can give some guys real hell for a couple days. Targeted keto will give you the best of both worlds, but I'd suggest starting slow and not just going nuts with carbs surrounding your workout.

Cyclical all day for me, never looked back.

Get fat adapted first, 5 days strict keto with lots of veggies always, 1.5 days of carbs (lentils, fruit, black beans, quinoa, oats, brown rice, rice cakes and so forth)

Play around with it (inlc targeted keto) and see what works for you.

Cyclical all day for me, never looked back.

Get fat adapted first, 5 days strict keto with lots of veggies always, 1.5 days of carbs (lentils, fruit, black beans, quinoa, oats, brown rice, rice cakes and so forth)

Play around with it (inlc targeted keto) and see what works for you.

What are your carb levels?

Eat more fat and calories and keep the protein at 1 gram per pound, and you will grow well. Depending on your type of training, introduce some carbos around the train.

Maybe you`re just getting to old to bulk and can`t handle the big calories any more :p Being in ketosis your muscles will not have the glycogen swell of eating carbs and that is another limiting factor to growth. Less water in muscle, less nutrients pulled in with water. When muscle bellies are stretched full with glycogen, even some fats, the next way for body to store more energy (beyond fat) is for myocytes (muscle cells) create more nuclei and more muscle cells, creating a place for more glycogen stores. That`s small reason I like carb cycle and stretching those muscle bellies out.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws