over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BioPerine

btails

Registered
Just curious if anyone has used this supplement? Supposed to greatly improve absorption rates. Thinking for res, curcumin and l-carnitine via oral administration.

Hokus pokus or real deal stuff?

**broken link removed**

Just curious if anyone has used this supplement? Supposed to greatly improve absorption rates. Thinking for res, curcumin and l-carnitine via oral administration.

Hokus pokus or real deal stuff?

**broken link removed**

Most quality turmeric/curcumin supplements already have it added.

Bioprine is black pepper that was patented by the raw materials distributor Sabenza as an increaser of absorption for certain compounds typically difficult to absorb.
The idea was that the black pepper would temporarily irritate the stomach lining increasing the weave for molecules to slip through.
For that purpose, there are many compound better suited... ie: Cayenne ...
There are other benefits to black pepper increasing absorption is NOT one.
Tumeric/ curcumin is a fibrous root, you can buy it as a root at whole foods or a powder.
This s a fiber, and like ALL fibers is NOT very digestible.More over you would have to consume large quantities to get any if at all benefit.
I recently tried Tumeric oil extract, I would recommend it to anyone wanting to add Tumeric/ curcumin to there regiment. The anti inflammatory effects are felt from the first dose.I'm assuming the other benefits will be there.Oil is easily digested and very available.Take before bed!

Bioperine is something I've use and still use. It aids in the bioavailability of many supplement including Tumeric. I use it reveratrol too, along with a Macadian nut oil and a meal.

Bioprine is black pepper that was patented by the raw materials distributor Sabenza as an increaser of absorption for certain compounds typically difficult to absorb.
The idea was that the black pepper would temporarily irritate the stomach lining increasing the weave for molecules to slip through.
Tumeric/ curcumin is a fibrous root, you can buy it as a root at whole foods or a powder.
This s a fiber, and like ALL fibers is NOT very digestible.More over you would have to consume large quantities to get any if at all benefit.
I recently tried Tumeric oil extract, I would recommend it to anyone wanting to add Tumeric/ curcumin to there regiment. The anti inflammatory effects are felt from the first dose.I'm assuming the other benefits will be there.Oil is easily digested and very available.Take before bed!

Thanks for that!

Bioperine is something I've use and still use. It aids in the bioavailability of many supplement including Tumeric. I use it reveratrol too, along with a Macadian nut oil and a meal.

How much do you take? 10mg? Feel it does much?

I take 10mg typically with Bromelain.....it works for me. It's hard to say if it works, but I'm a little OCD. At the end of the day, I'm looking for obtain to get as much as I can from my supplements. Keep in mind, I typically also take it with a meal and Mac Oil, and/or fish oil.

Some people swear they can feel the Tumeric. For me, Tumeric isn't something in which I feel. However, when I take it with Resveratrol, I'm able to tell I look younger each and everyday........JK

It's a very useful supplement. I would also look into AstraGin if you want to increase the absorption of certain vitamins, minerals, amino acids etc.

I haven't ever heard of Astragin. Maybe it's something I need to look into. Elvia is one knowledgable guy.

Last edited:
AstraGin is expensive.....wonder why that is?

I haven't ever heard of Astragin. Maybe it's something I need to look into. Elvia is one knowledgable guy.

It's pretty much the new absorption enhancer in many supplements (especially ones that contain amino acids).

Take some of the readings from the below link with a pinch of salt as it's by the makers of the ingredient. However it goes into detail about the possible benefits. It's being used in more and more supplements and even if 20% of the claims are true it's are worthwhile addition. You will probably see it in all decent amino products in the future so you may not even have to buy it separately.

https://nulivscience.com/blog/astragin-protein-absorption

Last edited:
I have been taking bioperine for around 10 years I would guess. Have seen to many studies showing it's health benefits as well as those from enhanced absorbtion.

I stay away from Resveratrol. It totally obliterates many of the health benefits associated with exercise.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23878368

"In otherwise healthy but overweight inactive aged men, exercise training over the course of eight weeks was sufficient to improve health parameters (LDL-C, HDL-C, blood pressure, oxygen uptake) and supplementation of 250mg resveratrol before exercise abolished many of these changes."

NH, I’ve never looked into all the different research pertaining to Resveratrol. It’s not something I’m concerned about and has a lot of health benefits to pass up. Not to mention, it’s overhyped. I had some left over and it’s not something I will probably use after I’m out.

Are you saying Cayenne makes more bioavailable?

Are there there any other compounds possibly also help with bio?

Last edited:
Yes,
the idea behind the black pepper is to irritate the lining temporarily causing bigger molecule to pass through,
If thats the desired effect, there are other compounds that do that to a greater degree, ginger, Cayenne etc...

Yes,
the idea behind the black pepper is to irritate the lining temporarily causing bigger molecule to pass through,
If thats the desired effect, there are other compounds that do that to a greater degree, ginger, Cayenne etc...

This is based on what evidence ?

Ive honestly never met someone who takes Bioperine individually.
If you are using a legit company, Bioperine is added into whatever formula or supplement you are taking. Like someone mentioned, its in lots of circumin products.

Ive honestly never met someone who takes Bioperine individually.
If you are using a legit company, Bioperine is added into whatever formula or supplement you are taking. Like someone mentioned, its in lots of circumin products.

The same for AstraGin. Supplement companies are putting these ingredients in the vast majority of products (for good reason) so there really is no need to add them in. Well unless guys are buying individual powders or making their own intra shakes or buying brands that don't include either. An example could be buying bags of citrulline malate then I would definitely recommend adding AstraGin to increase absorption. The same for adding Bioperine when you take your various health supplements (curcumin for example). Although nearly all the EAA and pre workout products I buy these days contain either one of these absorption enhancers.

Guys I recommend looking out for both ingredients in your various supps (both are always listed at the bottom of the ingredient panel). That way if some include either ingredient perhaps you could add in your other supps (that don't contain either) at the same time as a simple way of increasing absorption without needing to buy them individually. Obviously if you want x product and there are a few possibilities go for the ones that contain these absorption enhancers when possible. So if I ever take citrulline pre or intra I will make sure I take in a scoop or 2 of eaa's (that contain AstraGin) at the same time so I cover all bases.

AstraGin

AstraGin is an interesting thing at the moment. It will be interesting to see how things pan out. I had never heard of it prior to you mentioning it on this thread. I'm going to buy as a stand alone product. If AstraGin truly offers better absorption of Aminos, vitamins, minerals, herbs, etc....for 24 hours....it will be big.

It is expensive and I'm not sure If I want to pay that cash at the moment, but I will sooner or later.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads