advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Has anyone on TRT started a blast with an already high hematocrit?

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Anyone maintain a hematocrit on TRT at around 55 and still try to blast despite that (even if it was only a low dose of test like 500mg)?

Did your hematocrit get even higher or was it mostly maxed out where it already was?

I had one that was about 55 or so while I was on a cruise of about 250 mg/wk test. I then went on about 750 mg/wk and mine got up over 60. 55 is high to begin with. I would aim to keep it below 50, hgb of about 18 or so max. I keep my hgb around 15, equivalent of about 45 HCT.

Last edited:
Anyone maintain a hematocrit on TRT at around 55 and still try to blast despite that (even if it was only a low dose of test like 500mg)?

Did your hematocrit get even higher or was it mostly maxed out where it already was?

I was like that. What I did was come off for 4 weeks and did 1000 iu/w hcg and 50 mg/d clomid. Went down to 49. then I stopped donating blood. seem to make rbcs go up faster when donating.

Couple of times with 52, matter of fact, it's always 52 after a long cruise.

Doesn't donating blood lower it? Mine stays within range

If test is under 300 mg per week or you are a low responder i wouldn't worry too much, but if you are running moderate to high test, i would donate or self-phlebotomize. I would donate regardless if you are sitting at 55%.

On donation will drop HCT by 2-3% and a double red cell donation will drop it by 6% easily. I don't recommend double reds, it fucked my endurance for over 2 months afterwards, i regularly ran 2-3 miles a day and it felt like was starting from scratch, so be very careful.

I feel my best in the high 40-low 50s in terms of energy and endurance. Over 52% i get headaches sometimes and BP can be higher. A friend of mine had his HCT over 60% and said the blood refused to come out when he was getting phlebotomy.

I tend to agree (and disagree) with this mode of thought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH-...oRQ5G6asb7ky8Z370tjpRqTgaQL9KKL7x0equVHAYf_7E

I am wary to the fact that 37 cyclists died a while back from severe EPO usage which brought their hematocrit up into the 60's...and most of them died in their sleep. So I am wary to the point in which he says increase in RBC's are not a worry. But I do think there is way too many people freaking out at 48-55 hematocrit when on PED's. All the TRT guys are in the low 50's hematocrit on just TRT. The heavy juicers never get bloodwork right smack dab the middle of their cycles and if the TRT guys are showing 48-55 what in all hell are the heavy steroid users showing? Yet nobody is stroking out. There would be 1000's of bodybuilders dead in Colorado from using heavy androgens if all of this was true...., being at such high altitude and being so dehydrated from training....or even more so the levels of androgens/hematocrit/and dehydration right before a show.

Do you have sleep apnea and/or use a CPAP? With CPAP use my H and H stays pretty close to in range and I maybe need to donate 1x every 12-15 months vs. 3-4x per year pre CPAP.

Research has shown donating 3x per year decreases the risk of a cardiovascular event in men by 30%. I would have to dig up the actual study. I do it for this reason alone and I am on RX TRT and have seen a consistent decrease in H/H. I avoid double reds as they have to much impact on my iron levels. Without donating I have been as high as 61 and felt fine, with donating 4x per year I maintain 50 and feel no different. Simply said it works for me and my physician is fine with it.

I just check my most recent labs they have me at 46 and 47% on cycle, 1g test and 500mg tren ace. That is within range. But I'm 175lbs at a low body fat and do tons of cardio and stay lean year round, haven't cruise in forever but also rarely use eq.

I tend to agree (and disagree) with this mode of thought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH-...oRQ5G6asb7ky8Z370tjpRqTgaQL9KKL7x0equVHAYf_7E

I am wary to the fact that 37 cyclists died a while back from severe EPO usage which brought their hematocrit up into the 60's...and most of them died in their sleep. So I am wary to the point in which he says increase in RBC's are not a worry. But I do think there is way too many people freaking out at 48-55 hematocrit when on PED's. All the TRT guys are in the low 50's hematocrit on just TRT. The heavy juicers never get bloodwork right smack dab the middle of their cycles and if the TRT guys are showing 48-55 what in all hell are the heavy steroid users showing? Yet nobody is stroking out. There would be 1000's of bodybuilders dead in Colorado from using heavy androgens if all of this was true...., being at such high altitude and being so dehydrated from training....or even more so the levels of androgens/hematocrit/and dehydration right before a show.

Yea it seems like the cause of the elevated H/H is everything. Do we know if the epo cyclists had higher platelet levels? Also, I would think elevated H/H from sleep apnea might be more concerning than simply TRT if I had to guess.

I just check my most recent labs they have me at 46 and 47% on cycle, 1g test and 500mg tren ace. That is within range. But I'm 175lbs at a low body fat and do tons of cardio and stay lean year round, haven't cruise in forever but also rarely use eq.

How old are you? I used to use high amounts of test and tren and never had a problem with H/H. It wasn't until I became a TRT guy and started donating often that it became a problem. These issues only seem to come up over time with androgens. If you are young now, it could elevate over time.

Research has shown donating 3x per year decreases the risk of a cardiovascular event in men by 30%. I would have to dig up the actual study. I do it for this reason alone and I am on RX TRT and have seen a consistent decrease in H/H. I avoid double reds as they have to much impact on my iron levels. Without donating I have been as high as 61 and felt fine, with donating 4x per year I maintain 50 and feel no different. Simply said it works for me and my physician is fine with it.

I was as high as 60% hematocrit after adding a tiny dose of trestlonone (105-140mg per week) 8 weeks and a few weeks of iron pills to raise ferritin. I panicked and sprinted to the blood drive when I got the result, but I felt completely fine physically.

I stay at 55 on 140mg test per week TRT, which only sucks because it gives me little room for error if I ever wanna go wild and double or triple the dose lol. But then I don't even know if that is even a concern. Might not be.

Im on 100 mg/wk trt now, been for 11 years since my heart attack. Started out needing to have a phlebotomy every 4 weeks for the first 2 years, but gradually for some reason I don't need it anymore. I haven't changed anything that I do other than I stopped taking a multivitamin that has iron in it. I now take a senior's multi that has no iron.

I have been on a pattern the last 5 years or so where I go in once every 2 months to get my hemoglobin checked. Hematologist wants it at around 15. Sometimes I don't even need a phlebotomy because it is right around 15. I just had a small phlebotomy, only 250 ml, because my hemoglobin was only up to 15.4. Prior to that I went 4 months without getting one. I have been doing more cardio than ever, maybe that has had an effect? I wish I knew what has caused my hemoglobin not to elevate like it did in the past. Im glad things have changed!

Yea it seems like the cause of the elevated H/H is everything. Do we know if the epo cyclists had higher platelet levels? Also, I would think elevated H/H from sleep apnea might be more concerning than simply TRT if I had to guess.

How old are you? I used to use high amounts of test and tren and never had a problem with H/H. It wasn't until I became a TRT guy and started donating often that it became a problem. These issues only seem to come up over time with androgens. If you are young now, it could elevate over time.

I was as high as 60% hematocrit after adding a tiny dose of trestlonone (105-140mg per week) 8 weeks and a few weeks of iron pills to raise ferritin. I panicked and sprinted to the blood drive when I got the result, but I felt completely fine physically.

I stay at 55 on 140mg test per week TRT, which only sucks because it gives me little room for error if I ever wanna go wild and double or triple the dose lol. But then I don't even know if that is even a concern. Might not be.

I am 35, am I looking at the right numbers? I also donate every 8 weeks.

hemoglobin is 15.7
hematocrit is 47.3%

raw is high thought at 15.4 (what does this mean)?
platelet is also high at 413
ldl was high at 124

these results were a couple days after donating blood though, but my numbers are never bad either they are always pretty good.

Does high hematocrit cause bloody noses?

Im on 100 mg/wk trt now, been for 11 years since my heart attack. Started out needing to have a phlebotomy every 4 weeks for the first 2 years, but gradually for some reason I don't need it anymore. I haven't changed anything that I do other than I stopped taking a multivitamin that has iron in it. I now take a senior's multi that has no iron.

I have been on a pattern the last 5 years or so where I go in once every 2 months to get my hemoglobin checked. Hematologist wants it at around 15. Sometimes I don't even need a phlebotomy because it is right around 15. I just had a small phlebotomy, only 250 ml, because my hemoglobin was only up to 15.4. Prior to that I went 4 months without getting one. I have been doing more cardio than ever, maybe that has had an effect? I wish I knew what has caused my hemoglobin not to elevate like it did in the past. Im glad things have changed!

Probably gene expression changes from months-years of high levels of AAS. Gene expression changes can take months to years to take effect.

Some of the max effects of TRT on bone density and other things are only reached after the 6 month mark, so your body probably had all those H/H producing genes active for a while until it adjusted to your TRT dose.

Probably gene expression changes from months-years of high levels of AAS. Gene expression changes can take months to years to take effect.

Some of the max effects of TRT on bone density and other things are only reached after the 6 month mark, so your body probably had all those H/H producing genes active for a while until it adjusted to your TRT dose.

That sounds very plausible, thanks. I hadn't heard that about gene expression. It certainly makes a lot of sense. It took me a good 2 years of getting a full phlebotomy (500ml) every month to get to the point now where it isn't nearly as bad. It really does seem to be stuck now in the groove of needing one, but only once every 4 months or so.

Fucking go off for 4 weeks you nut job. It will go down 5 %. Jesus fucking Christ. Blast me all you want you bunch of cunts. I'm sick of seeing guys drop on this site.

I am 35, am I looking at the right numbers? I also donate every 8 weeks.

hemoglobin is 15.7
hematocrit is 47.3%

raw is high thought at 15.4(what does this mean)?
platelet is also high at 413
ldl was high at 124

these results were a couple days after donating blood though, but my numbers are never bad either they are always pretty good.

I'm guessing you're talking about your RDW (red cell distribution width). It's nonspecific in isolation as it can be related to a vast majority of etiologies. More often than not, it's hematologically related if your other indices (MCV, MPV, MCH) are abnormal +/-. Although, there's nonhematologic diseases associated with an elevated RDW in isolation.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity