YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Has anyone done a very high fat, very low carb diet & not gain fat?

Ocean cool

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I'm a little puzzled.

I'm experimenting with a diet very high in fat 250-300g a day & traces of carbs + protein.

I don't seem to gaining fat or body weight.

The argument is, no matter how much fat u're consuming (250-300g) as long as its healthy with zero carbs u don't gain fat.

Does anyone experience the same thing?

My fat consumption comes from nuts.

why make it complicated, its cals in vs cals out, if you overeat, yes you will get fat

It's not just calories in vs. calories out. It's insulin sensitivity that changes.

And yes, OP, you will get fat eventually if you are eating excess to your bodily response(not thinking certain X number of calories, but in context).

As for something similar, the ketogenic diet?

Also, I eat high protein, high fat, moderately low carbs while bulking. It really helps keep the fat off, really, really helps.

I'm a little puzzled.

I'm experimenting with a diet very high in fat 250-300g a day & traces of carbs + protein.

The argument is, no matter how much fat u're consuming (250-300g) as long as its healthy with zero carbs u don't gain fat.

Yes you will gain fat --- it will catch up to you.

I do believe you can defy laws of thermodynamics with the RIGHT MACROS via fats + proteins ---> and shift into a low insulin -->low storage state and actually stay leaner on (for example) 3500 cals of Pro +fats COMPARED to 3500 cals of low pro, high carbs......

But you most certainly will gain fat regardless of macro breakdown eventually...that is life.

-FF

In the ABSENCE of dietary fat, insulin spikes will not cause an increase in adipose tissue(fat-mass), which is why you can get absolutely PEELED on lean protein and white rice--so long as your TOTAL CALORIE INTAKE is appropriately low.

This frequent misconception really urks me..

You said you are only eating 250-300g of fat a day an only trace of protein and carbs. That is only 2700 calories. That is not much. If you ate 2700 caps of anything you probably wouldn't gain...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

You said you are only eating 250-300g of fat a day an only trace of protein and carbs. That is only 2700 calories. That is not much. If you ate 2700 caps of anything you probably wouldn't gain...

Sound like an awful diet. Thats like eating 27 tbsp of mayo everyday.

my sister who was overweight went on a very low carb diet for a couple of weeks and the weight just came off-i personally like to eat a combo of fat,carbs and protein but it worked for my sis and i am a believer

my sister who was overweight went on a very low carb diet for a couple of weeks and the weight just came off-i personally like to eat a combo of fat,carbs and protein but it worked for my sis and i am a believer

She lost muscle and glycogen(and some water) with some fat-loss. Low carb diets are indeed extremely catabolic and great for WEIGHT-LOSS--but they are NOT optimal for fat-loss/muscle maintenance.

She lost muscle and glycogen(and some water) with some fat-loss. Low carb diets are indeed extremely catabolic and great for WEIGHT-LOSS--but they are NOT optimal for fat-loss/muscle maintenance.

im sure she did but her goal was to lose weight and the weight did come off,and yes it might have been some muscle

Why would anyone interested in bodybuilding eat like this... stupid.

I'm a little puzzled.

yes - you are basically limiting insulin release and thus surges and spikes. But if you was to take excessive fats then you will find that you will put on weight. What your are referring to is a form of ketogenic diet

Sorry.
I meant traces of carb only.
Protein remain high around 200g-230g.

What i'm saying is before i was eating 3000cal of protein + carbs.
Now i'm also eating the same amount of cals but consisting of protein + fats.

I know when i was eating protein + carbs I could easily gain weight.
After switching to protein + high fats (cals remain the same, 3000 cals) it seems to be harder to gain weight. I'm not talking about water weight.

BTW, i fats comes only from nuts (almond, cash, wal, etc).

i had great luck with the low carb high fat diet...(and yes i know this is my first post so most of you will take it with a grain of salt, but remember im new here not new to bodybuilding lol) but when i did my last competition i was on less than 50 grams of carbs per day but 350 grams of protein and around 200 grams of fat... all from oils beef and eggs,nuts... and i got peeled and kept muscle as well....

also people who are "natural" vs most bodybuilders lol... will have different results.. as long as you eat enough fats you can stay outta ketosis as well

Diets aren't so black and white. Everyone responds differently. I've seen guys lean bulk on high fat/low Carbs and guys cut on low carbs with minimal muscle loss.

Its like switching from carbs to fats (cals remain the same) u don't gain weight.

With protein + cabs I know I can gain weight easily on 3000 cals. But switching to protein + fats, the weight doesn't increase. I'm not talking water weight.

I see good results from low carb 150 to 100 but I can't really do any lower than that.

Any macro in excess amounts can cause fat gain, at least that's what I've learned.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws