over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I need help with my arms

drillbit369

Registered
Whats up guys. I've been on a few other boards for a while, but got recommmended here. Ive been skimming through and there is definitely a lot knoweldge. I cannot get my arms to grow for anything. I've tried every different workout I can think of. Low weight high rep. High weigh low rep. Even my coach is stumped because I cannot get my arms to grow for anything. I was extremely skinny in high school so I dont have the best genetics (thats why I turned to mens physique instead of bodybuilding)
I'm beginning to think small doeses of something such as synthek is my only choice. I just took these pics real quick no pump or anything just so I could let you guys see. Please let me know if you have any advice. Thanks a lot guys.

Edit: Well I guess I can't post pics because of my low post count.

Last edited:
try 3 sets a week, last set to failure ! and those 3 sets 2 days after/from working out back

a lot of ppl overtrain their arms

how tall are you ?

5ft 9 197lbs 9%bf. I was only training arms once a week.Trying to do low rep high weight. My coach has started me doing them 2x's a week to try something new. Going heavy for the first 2 sets then going until burnout for the 3rd set with low weight.

My schedule
Chest/tri monday
Back/bi tuesday
shoulders wednesday
legs thursday
bi's/tri's friday

it could be that your arm genetics just aren't that great

in which case you will need to drastically make the rest of your body larger in order for your arms to get bigger

Post up your exercises. Let's see what you're doing for those arms.

This..

it could be that your arm genetics just aren't that great

in which case you will need to drastically make the rest of your body larger in order for your arms to get bigger

is the only thing that worked for me, I rarely even train arms these days, squats and deadlifts , and I do back 2x a week..funny thing is just yesterday I was at the supermarket and an older lady came up to me and said she was admiring my arms and that they were very nice. :headbang:

5ft 9 197lbs 9%bf. I was only training arms once a week.Trying to do low rep high weight. My coach has started me doing them 2x's a week to try something new. Going heavy for the first 2 sets then going until burnout for the 3rd set with low weight.

My schedule
Chest/tri monday
Back/bi tuesday
shoulders wednesday
legs thursday
bi's/tri's friday

about 9-10yrs ago i had the same problem.i worked my arms 1,2 even 3 times a week.i went heavy on all sets...about 6 years ago i left the gym and bodybuilding scene. the strangest thing happened to me....1 month after i quit,my arms grew half a inch! what i found for me is correct form,light weight and lots of reps 1 time a week makes my arms grow like crazy. i simply dont train heavy on my arms and they are 1.25" larger than they were then. might give it a try :)

I think your hitting them too much along with the work they get from chest, shoulders, and back.
Try only training them every other week directly and use good form and lighter weights.

the one thing that will almost always work is prioritizing them first, do whatever reps, weight ,volume you want but do them first in the workout . Most people never try this but it works, if lets say your doing back and biceps, do biceps first.

as a general thing for biceps learn to contract the weight up, really learn to squeeze it up , you might have to go lighter but you will find you can eventually go heavier with this style as long as you start lighter and do it right from the beginning . For triceps try to press and dip with progressively heavy weight with good form. i always found biceps could grow much better from contracting and triceps from very heavy pressing

Last edited:
This was told to me by someone Big A knows personally: "Your arms get enough work from working back and chest. If you get those two body parts big, your arms will be big too".-Ernest Bea Sr. Mr Illinois

Hey bro,

What i have noticed is that alot of guys either have a strong chest and back, or strong arms, very rarely do they have both !

Now, in all honesty nothing is going to make your arms grow and stand out, sorry I am being real with you, we don't have the secret, if any one says they do they are lying.

What you need to do is actually make your whole body grow and get lean while not losing too much size on your arms, doing so will get your proportions much better and focus attention to your good body parts.

Remember my man, bodybuilding is all about proportions, so no matter how much bigger you get your arms will always be proportionately smaller than the rest of you ! Do not take this the wrong way, just make the best out of the situation:headbang:.

-Drugcheat

Post up your exercises. Let's see what you're doing for those arms.

For bi's
incline seated curls 3 max sets
Seated preacher curls 4 max sets
Standing straight bar curls pyramid (burnout)

Tris's

3 sets heavy skull crushers
3 sets weighted dips
3 max sets of light kickbacks with cable.
(burnout)

I don't do the same workout for arms every workout either I always switch it up and use different ones. The thing that stumps me is I use really good form and much Stronger than a lot of guys who have bigger arms than me. I think I get a lot of strength from my back though.... Here Is a back shot

Last edited by a moderator:
One problem that i see is that your main arm day is directly after legs. I know after my leg day none of my other muscles want to work as my body is just tired from leg training. Try moving your arms to the very beginning of the week so your CNS is fresh. Since doing this i have seen some pretty big gains.

Thanks for all the responses guys. I've never been to a board where after posting a question and had so many helpful replys. I guess I will only be hitting chest and back on those days and save arms for Fridays. Hopefully this will make a change. I'm afraid to change my schedule too much at this point because im only 6 weeks out from my next show so I don't want to make any drastic changes yet.

Finally got some quick pics. These are cold no pump at all. I feel like I have an okay chest and shoulders.

Last edited:
Straight bar curls with elbows in to your side. Don't bring the bar all the way up as you loose tension on the muscle. I stop just above halfway. 2 warm up sets and 3 sets to failure. That's it.

Tris-warm up with some rope extensions or something. Close grip bench, 3 sets moderate weight for 12-15 reps. Weighted Dips, 2 sets to failure.

That's all I do for arms. Train them once a week.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131