over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

:-( annoying Shoulder any ideas?

Barbie81

Featured Member / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Hey everyone :p
The past few weeks my right shoulder has been really hurting mid workout, the pain travels down the bicep and my arm starts to go cold an numb! Especially my hand. I got physio which hurt like hell an knocked me sick after... I have been stretching out lots because He said it was extremly tight :(
Any ideas what it could be..and how I can speed up recovery.
Usually worse if I do push-ups an Bicep curls..
Any advice appreciated
x Barbie x

Last edited:
Sounds like a neck injury, c5/c6...,or you have a entrapped nerve...time to go to a doctor

Could also be internal rotation or bicep impingement...I would see a Dr and get them to determine the etiology and work out a plan for rehab.

That is not a good pain I suggest you Rest.

Tell me about it! I went to the docs but no joy as far as physio goes..He said stretch..which I do...keep warm...which I sometimes do...and keep an eye on my posture ..which I do..
I do get plenty of rest..an I have booked deep tissue massage once a week for 10 weeks so That'll help..
just gonna take the pain a bit..I have noticed I am getting stronger and I suppose they say no pain no gain!!:p
x

Sounds like a neck injury, c5/c6...,or you have a entrapped nerve...time to go to a doctor
You were right he said it is my neck muscle.. sometines it gives me headaches when it goes tight but I dont like painkillers..doctor said prob get better when the weather warmer?! :banghead: could be in for a long wait :( Liverpool loves to rain x

I feel for you!!! I've done something to my lower back or hip flexor. I've been taking Aleve, stretching and going to massage therapist just to avoid going to the doctor. I hate spending them money and them they tell me it's just a pulled muscle. :banghead:

I took a couple of weeks off and then just did walked on the treadmill for a couple of weeks so I'm just getting back into lifting. It seems to be getting better but it's slow.

I hate being injured... it totally sucks!

Hope you get well soon! :cool:

i agree with aj on the impingement idea. definitely see a dr though. just go easy on it for the time being until the dr takes a look at it. if its something serious you definitely dont want to make it worse.

Hey thanks for the concern...felt this a few weeks back. I saw a doctor.. Had physio which relaxed the tightness and hurt ALOT! But I have been carefull and stretched alot, plus once a week full body deep tissue is great, eliminates toxins and relaxes. X

There is good pain (Soreness) and bad pain, what you are posting sounds like bad pain. My suggestion to you is to take a leave of absence (Which I know you will not do) I have been there and done that. Work around your injury and if that means not doing ANY movement that aggravates your injury, so be it. It is better to take time off from training and allow the injury to heal then ignore the injury and live with it for years, if not for the rest of your life, but that is my two cents and what do I know?:eek:

It either sounds like you have damaged your rotator cuff or you have tendonitis of the long head of the bicep. I would leaning towards the latter though. It's part of your bicep that connects to the front of your shoulder.
I would take it easy on it and if needed take some ibuprofen

Staff online

• Bio
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member