over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Test gel and weight gain

SABAGOY

Registered
She isn’t getting much help from her doctor so thought I might post something here seeing if anyone has had similar experience. So my girlfriend (only 23) was put on test gel about 8 months ago…her test and estradiol levels were both in the single digits…Doctor believes her levels were so low from being so lean for so long…she competes in figure…since starting the HRT her levels are now within healthy ranges and she feels better but has experienced significant weight gain…originally when she started the HRT the weight gain was expected but she was told her body would normalize and she would lose it…but she slowly continues to gain…clearly the weight gain and difficulty losing it has been really hard for her…she is considering stopping the test gel if things don’t change.
Any suggestions?

considering that most women are fixicated with a number on the scale rather that whats showing in the mirrior , is this "weight" gain bad?

I mean is she gaing fat or holding water? I can't help but to think that its water retention.

I think its a sliperly slope for women because if she stopped her test now say for a show then the test levels would fall but the new healthy estrogen levels would then be higher causing an issue with getting lean for a show.

I would think (thinking for me can be dangerous:p) that when she is ready to compete that she would leave everything alone and just use an anti estrogen like nolva like whats typicaly used.

Thanks Gunsmith, was hoping you would chime in. She could care less about the scale…so it’s the mirror and the way her clothes fit/having to buy larger clothes. She has put on about 25 pounds the past 8 months…I wouldn’t consider it bad weight…but its definitely more than just bloat and water retention…and again just really struggling to lose it…even when dieting harder than she had in the past.
Right now doing a show is the last thing on her mind…I just put she competes to try and make sure people realized she knows how to diet and train correctly…she is just focused on being happy with how she looks on a day to day basis right now.

As a trainer and competitor I will give you my $2 cents, and take it or leave it..agree or disagree..

I think this is a horrible idea all around...In my experience, every single woman,not a few, not 50%, every woman I have seen on test gains weight and looks like s*** after being on it, and has multiple permanent side effects.

Now var/winny in super low doses, I have seen that work wonders. Clen, hgh in low doses as well, I am all for.

Her decision is her decision, but I am only speaking from experience and trying to help..there are far better resources IMO then to turn to test or androgel.

Thanks for the reply.

Is your experience more with women taking test for aesthetic reasons? Or is it women that were RX because of a hormone levels? Along the same lines with the Var/Winny...were these women who did better with var/winny than test in terms of aesthetics or did it help with healthier hormone levels?

Dont think she would ever take either of those...never taken any hormones before she began the test.

Regardless...just found out she stopped the test a few days ago so we shall see what happens...i am just trying to find the best option for her regarding addressing the weight issues and keeping her healthy.

One other thing i forgot to mention in the original post is she has hypothyrodism...everything is coming back within range but did read that increased test levels can result in issues with thyroid binding globulin levels...which is not something that has been tested.

Thanks for the reply.

Is your experience more with women taking test for aesthetic reasons? Or is it women that were RX because of a hormone levels? Along the same lines with the Var/Winny...were these women who did better with var/winny than test in terms of aesthetics or did it help with healthier hormone levels?

Dont think she would ever take either of those...never taken any hormones before she began the test.

Regardless...just found out she stopped the test a few days ago so we shall see what happens...i am just trying to find the best option for her regarding addressing the weight issues and keeping her healthy.

One other thing i forgot to mention in the original post is she has hypothyrodism...everything is coming back within range but did read that increased test levels can result in issues with thyroid binding globulin levels...which is not something that has been tested.

Testosterone prescribed for women is considered an experimental procedure. There are no long term studies and there are no baselines or standard dosages for women..a doctor will simply adjust dose based on side effects, and this is not something to toy with IMO, not with the side effects Test can give women.

Now she needs to have some basic tests done, TSH and T4 levels. She can use t3 and or t4, your doctor will need to decide which is best for her exact issue. Also you may want to look into Synthroid as this has been shown to be succesful in some women with weight gain issues.

Many times someone who is suffering from hypothyroidism will show normal levels or sometimes skewed levels since it is a dysfunction of the pituatary gland and not a true reading...This is why it may take time and excessive testing..but Testosterone levels in women has not shown to be conclusively tied to this..so she is just rolling the dice..

realistically, she would be better off using something like an ECA stack, especially since this can boost her energy levels. Or even HGH, but that might effect her TSH and TRH levels negatively. So a stimulant would be better suited IMO, or even Clen or again t3 would be better options.

I have seen several women go on Test for Sexual Pleasure/drive/etc..and it likely will work, but at the high cost of potential permanent side effects. I have seen women use this aesthetically as well. Every one of them regretted their use bc of the side effects they got. Clitoral enlargement being one of them...

Var is commonly prescribed medically and would be a safer alternative for aesthetic reasons. If you are trying to get your wifes hormones under control, adding testosterone (which there is no standard or baseline for, rather they are based off male guidelines, which are not the same) adding test is a horrible idea and this is just going to throw off even more levels in her body.

Now I am no expert, however I did work in the Medical Field, worked in hospitals for a long time, administered meds, primarily psych..but I do have some background in endo...and I still think you guys should take a factual approach, do more testing, rather then experiment. If her levels are off, but she feels great go with a stimulant and/or thermogenic and try that for a bit...

^^bump^^

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner