over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I dont have a thyroid...help

Mr Shred

Newbies
My gf had her thyroid removed when she was young. She's now 35 and has been taking thyroid medication daily. She neglected to have her levels checked for quite some time and now her levels are low. Her doctor just increased her dose from 100mcg to 112mcg. Her energy levels have been depressingly low. My question is how long will it take for the new dose to effect her so that her energy levels return to normal. The doc says she is gonna retest her in 6 wks. Also is the 12 mcg even enough of a bump to really make that much difference? She would rather be in the hyper rather than hypo end of the spectrum if possible. What dosages do you all recommend typically? Thanks :)

Thyroid meds

She mite see a difference in as little as 2 wks but could take as long as a couple months because of the long half life. Is she on a name brand med? I know it could make a huge difference if shes not. I know docs are stingy about not uping the dose even if you still have symptoms. Ive been battling for about a yr with idiot drs about being hypo. I still have my thyroid gland tho. Sometimes taking t3/t4 combo like armour helps too.

112mcg of WHAT? Is she being given synthroid (synthetic T4) or cytomel (synthetic T3)? What level did she have checked? TSH? Thats not the best test to jugge.

She mite see a difference in as little as 2 wks but could take as long as a couple months because of the long half life. Is she on a name brand med? I know it could make a huge difference if shes not. I know docs are stingy about not uping the dose even if you still have symptoms. Ive been battling for about a yr with idiot drs about being hypo. I still have my thyroid gland tho. Sometimes taking t3/t4 combo like armour helps too.

She's on Levothyroxine generic for Synthroid I believe. They tested TSH and she was 4.65. Shes feeling slightly better now after two weeks after upping from 100 to 112. I'll tell her about trying a brand name med and possible t3/t4 combo. Thanks!

She's on Levothyroxine generic for Synthroid I believe. They tested TSH and she was 4.65. Shes feeling slightly better now after two weeks after upping from 100 to 112. I'll tell her about trying a brand name med and possible t3/t4 combo. Thanks!

I don't mean to jack your thread but when I saw this I thought I might chime in, because I've gone through what she's going through. I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism years ago, and I was having night sweats, ultra fast metabolism, crazy hot body temp and a few other signs but it was the heart palpitations that forced me to take action. The Dr informed me that my heart rate was so fast that it was over working and that could cause heart problems down the road, so they used radioiodine therapy to render the thyroid inactive and now I am hypo, and when I don't take my meds on time I experience cramps in toes, hamstrings, temples swelling when chewing gum and fatigue just to name a few. My health is back on track as far as my level of thyroxine is concerned as long as I take the medication as prescribed, and I'm sure she will be ok as long as she does the same. Let the Dr set her levels based on her blood work because too much thyroxine in the blood could take her to a hyperthyroid state. As far as recommending a dose? The bloodwork will determine the level better than I can guess one.

I've gone through this too. One thing is don't rely on the generic. They are not always the correct dosage. She needs to take the brand Synthroid only.

The most important thing is that she will have to watch her diet more than anything. I learned this the hard way. 2 yrs of yo-yo dieting, loosing and gaining weight. Now I stay on a steady clean diet. I've kept the weight off for a year now.

I would also recommend a product called Genostim GS-6. This is an anti-aging supplement that helps improve your endocrine system. I've been on and off it for a year now... (I'm self employed and don't always have the money for it.) Every time I'm on it, I start losing weight. I've done a lot of research on products and this was one of them. It is an all natural peptide... I've spoke with the owner of the company. He answered all my questions... being a bodybuilder. I had my doubts, but it really works!

Here is a link to their website... Genostim

If you put SG25 in the discount code, you'll get a 25% discount.

I agree with Sassy.

My wife is on 125mcg synthroid for life and when she tries the generic things get really bad. Synthroid only.

Get a doctor that really wants to help her. Testing TSH and adjusting T4's dosage is not all it takes.

Do a little research on Armour Thyroid too.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear