over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anavar and breast implants

Bushbaby55

Newbies
Hello ladies,

I'm a 25 year old woman running my first cycle of anavar (10mg/day)

I'm undergoing breast augmentation surgery soon, and I am wondering how being on cycle affects the healing process. My original plan was to stay on Anavar during the 6 week period following my surgery during which I can't lift, in order to preserve muscle. However, my doctor warned me against using a multivitamin 2 weeks before and after the surgery because it causes more bleeding

Would using var pre- or post-surgery have any adverse effects? Is it a good idea to continue to run anavar during the recovery phase? Has anyone had any personal experience with getting implants while on cycle?

Any input would be appreciated, thank you

Last edited:
I have always had to give blood before any surgery for the doctors to see if my blood would clot or too thin for surgery. I would assume they would do the same to you and if they thought it was a risk that they wouldn't perform the surgery. If I was having surgery I would just not take anything if I wasn't sure about it causing issues or not. What's 6 weeks out of your life of not taking anavar really going to do?

I just spoke with my friend who is a general surgeon and owns a HRT clinic. You provide vague information regarding dose and length of use. He believes long term use of AAS adversely effects the healing process. Does he think you may bleed out or never heal? No. But he thinks taking a few weeks off the Var should be strongly considered. And no, do not tell the surgeon.

I have always had to give blood before any surgery for the doctors to see if my blood would clot or too thin for surgery. I would assume they would do the same to you and if they thought it was a risk that they wouldn't perform the surgery. If I was having surgery I would just not take anything if I wasn't sure about it causing issues or not. What's 6 weeks out of your life of not taking anavar really going to do?

I am worried about muscle loss/fat gain from the 6 week period of inactivity (can't even do cardio!) following my surgery. I will discontinue the var if it's a health concern, but otherwise I'd like to stay on it to preserve muscle.

I just spoke with my friend who is a general surgeon and owns a HRT clinic. You provide vague information regarding dose and length of use. He believes long term use of AAS adversely effects the healing process. Does he think you may bleed out or never heal? No. But he thinks taking a few weeks off the Var should be strongly considered. And no, do not tell the surgeon.

Dose is 10mg per day, 5mg in the AM and 5mg in the PM. I started around the beginning of May and had planned to go for 10-12 weeks. How does long term AAS adversely affect the healing process, and what is considered long term anyway?

I appreciate the responses! Thanks

Hi I wouldnt risk going against surgeon preference...have you asked him about training after and how long you should take off?? I was told no lifting, strenuous exercise for four months after surgery...It takes a long time to adjust and you may feel a little overwhelmed at first. What size implant are you getting?
Its an expensive procedure so just rest after and allow the scars to heal or you may regret it . anavar can wait... :p..x

Last edited:
I would not call a 10-12 week cycle long term. My wife got implants a few years ago, and I remember her being remarkably healed that same night. :)

PS. Barbie - your new avatar sucks.

Last edited:
I would not call a 10-12 week cycle long term. My wife got implants a few years ago, and I remember her being remarkably healed that same night. :)

PS. Barbie - your new avatar sucks.
How could I compete with yours though!? I mean whats the point
:p x

More confused now than before I posted this thread, lol!
Did you read my first reply... that was to you..and the second is TC:p He's a tinker...you'll get used to him...
Just leave anavar...especially as its your first time/ it will cause water retension if your not training properly which you wont be able to an could potensially have more sides so dont just take things for the sake of it.x
You can PM me if you have any more questions if you want x

Last edited:
in the grand scheme of things, it wont make a difference either way. Anavar will increase collagen synthesis, which in theory, would speed up recovery but, it can also(in some), elevate blood viscosity which would counter productive. Given all of it, it probably wouldn't hinder or help to any great degree.

Now, how much muscle will you loose in the recovery period if your diet is good? Not much. My wife has had implants done, I've been through 3 surgeries during my lifting days. In all instances we lost some breadth, much to our consternation. In all instances, within a few weeks of being back full force, we gained all of our size and strength back + some. Your body isn't going to permanently wither from the time off. You'd be better off staving the loss with diet, then when you're in full release from the doc, start your var and slingshot the physique beyond where you sit today........THAT, would be the wise decision.

I would have to agree to cease aas useage until you have healed. You could however expedite healing through the use of peptides. Have you considered tb500 and maybe lr3. With a clean diet, the lr3 should keep you lean with minimal muscle loss and the tb500, well, is just fantastic for recovery. My wife used this after her augmentation and began working out 3 days later and ran a 10k 10 days later. I wouldn't advise this as she is quite stubborn, but gives you an idea of how well these peptides can work. I did the same for a torn bicep tendon repair and recovered in about half the time, and this is coming from a surgeon who normally works with professional athletes. Good luck!

I can tell you a very good friend of mine healed from back surgery in 1/2 the time while using AAS.

I believe after 4 months the doctors exact words were, "I have never seen anything like this, your back is almost completely fused...this normally takes close to a year"

now my next word of advice would be, don't go under the muscle if your going to use any Anabolics...as the increase size in mass can badly distort implants.

I would consider dropping the anavar for a few weeks. Just adjust your diet higher in protein to counter some of the muscle loss. Do you have to stop training all together for the duration? Why not train legs and arms? There are plenty of exercises you can do without stretching the chest area and this will go a long way to keeping what you have. Am I suggesting you train hard and heavy? Absolutely not, but you can train. I have trained plenty of post op women with no ill effects at all.

I dunno if this is after the fact... .Ideally you have as little "other stuff" in your body as possible when you go into surgery. The simpler, the better. Honestly w/ surgery these days, I almost think the healing is nearly a non-issue to worry about. What I would be more concerned about is allowing enough time to heal before you start doing anything w/ your upper body or anything that interferes w/ the implants settling in w/ sufficient healing time such that you get them all eff'd up w/ capsular contracture. There's no rush to get back in the gym and a couple weeks out is not going to make you "lose your gains". It all comes back very quickly - its just mostly important to allow sufficient time for the implants to heal and the body to recoup from the trauma of surgery. After that, go crazy. But don't worry about getting there "as soon as possible".

Hello everyone

Just wanted to update anyone who may still be keeping up with this thread or others who are having future surgeries. My breast augmentation was about 5 weeks ago and I decided before hand that I was going to remain on Var. I was still taking 10mg every day and training up until 2 days before surgery. However, I did get off all supplements (fish oil, creatine, multi, etc.) 2 weeks prior to prevent increased bleeding during surgery like the nurse advised. Happy to say that surgery went well and had no complications whatsoever. I was back in the gym 11 days after doing lower body and light arm exercises, then just continued to go by feel on listened to my body on what else I could do. I plan on starting chest exercises soon since I don't feel anymore soreness in my breasts.

In all, my cycle lasted 11 weeks which was probably longer than I should've gone considering the side effects increased after week 8 (hair growth, muscle cramps, irritability). I am still happy with the way everything worked out despite going against doctor's orders and training way sooner that advised.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity