over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question about low dose test for wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmp007

Registered
Have some questions for the ladies. My wife for awhile now has been very depressed. Well being and quality of life have gone to shit and it's really taken an effect on our family. Our psychiatrist finally talked her into getting on some anti depressants which I think will make a dramatic change as they do in me. Just had a question about possible low test dosing just for a few weeks until they really get in her system. Myself suffer from chronic depression and so bad at times meds don't work and a trt dose of test (150 mg wk) turns me into a completely different person. I was thinking about maybe trying this out for her because she really needs to get back to her old self. I know 150 a week is WAY to much and just curious if this would even be something good to give a shot? And if so what kind of dose per week? I've got a supply of prop I was thinking mom wed Fri but no idea what kind of doses. Don't want anything major just that little boost to get her physical and mental body going again. And a real low dose would anything else be needed after maybe 3-4 weeks of use or would her body be ok just with the little test for a month then stop? All input is greatly appreciated. And if it's not the way to go that's fine just looking for anything to really help until the meds kick in which usually take a month. Thanks!

I don't know about dosing... i do know my wife coming off 10mg var for 12wks through her off bad. Mentally she was really aggressive and would argue anything. Plus her menstrual cycle took a couple months to normalize.

None of this was terrible or out of control but with a person already in a bad mental place it could get worse.

A bump in test would make things worse? That doesn't make sense to me

Shes not coming off of anything. Never done any kind of workout supplement OTC or AAS

I wasnt sure if a tiny dose of test would evn be ok for a female thats why I came to gather som knowledge here. Im completely clueless about females and test.

Even considering dosing your wife with Test instead of letting the doctors try to help is stupid. Let her work with her doctor and see where that goes.

Sounds good. I just know what it does for me and shes been like this to long. Im just getting antsy and trying to get her better as soon as I can. Thats why I came here.

Sounds good. I just know what it does for me and shes been like this to long. Im just getting antsy and trying to get her better as soon as I can. Thats why I came here.

I presume you are not female so what it does for you will not be the same as what it does for her. She's seeing a doctor, if you want to help her then support her with that.

The problem with giving women injectable test is the initial high spike in serum testosterone levels. This spike is what can cause masculinization side effects even at what seem like a safe weekly dose. Safest is transdermal T gel because the blood serum levels are more stable without the dangerous peak.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

That's what I was curious about. Like I said I'm clueless with females and test and didn't want to do anything to mess anything up. Don't want to take a chance

The problem with giving women injectable test is the initial high spike in serum testosterone levels. This spike is what can cause masculinization side effects even at what seem like a safe weekly dose. Safest is transdermal T gel because the blood serum levels are more stable without the dangerous peak.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Muscleaddict is right.

I will try to give you an example. If you inject your female with 5mg testosterone propionate(or suspension to make it worse) in a day, the problem is she will receive almost all, if not all that amount very rapidly. This is not how the female body works naturally. They produce a very slow and steady amount of roughly ~1mg test(if we want to go off the "mg" scale) everyday.

However, if you inject even 10mg of a long estered testosterone, it will distribute slowly and probably be even less harmful than the 5mg of test propionate.

Clinically, when doctors give HRT, you will find they *USUALLY*[not always] give 1 dose of testosterone even every 4-6 weeks! (I'm talking one 100mg shot every 4-6 weeks). I personally don't agree with this for many reasons...but then again I'm not a doctor. However, I have seen constant complaints on HRT forums of innocent women going to "professional endocrinologists" and getting completely screwed over with side effects. First of all, I think 100mg even in a long estered form is WAY too much no matter how often it's given. Second, if we extrapolate that over 4-6 weeks, that means they're essentially receiving an average of 15-25mg test a week even though that's not really how the mechanism works(WAY TOO MUCH!!!WAY WAY WAY TOO MUCH... I NEVER UNDERSTOOD WHY THEY GIVE SUCH HIGH DOSES!). They most likely inject the 100mg every 4-6 weeks because they realize it is a long ester that will carry over, and it provides more "comfort/convenience" to the patient since they will not have to go into the clinical 1x a week or 2-3x a week for a 'safer' approach. It is simply too costly, and takes up too much of an individuals time and most people don't like shots. So even if they can administer it at home, they're not going to be advised to give themselves shots 3x a week for "steadier levels" if that makes sense.

Anyways, this is my input on the subject :

-Get a long estered testosterone
-If you want to be as safe as possible, inject very small amounts 2-3x a week. I think the more frequent is better..I'm not an expert or a doctor, but it only makes sense and I have experience with my fiancée....
-Women respond differently to different amounts of testosterone. Some can take ~18mg a week, and experience no virilization or side effects! Some can not even tolerate 12mg!!! They will virilize off of the 12 within a few weeks.
IT IS A VERY DELICATE EXPERIMENT, YOU NEED TO BE VERY CAREFUL! I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH!
-I think the safest thing would be to start at give 3mg MAX of a long ester 3x a week for a total of 9 testosterone. I would also administer it subcutaneously to make the release even slower.......
-If weeks pass by and she has no side effects, everything seems okay, and she does NOT feel like she's getting the effects of the testosterone, then perhaps try 4mg 3x a week for a total of 12mg/week. Be very careful, even this very small amount can cause things to happen!!! The next step would be to try and go for 15, but I really don't advise it.... most woman can not go to this level without experiencing sides(then again...some can literally just handle 20...).

I may be right,wrong,or both on several things...but once again I'm just talking from experience. Also, I am in school to practice anesthesia so I'm not 100% stupid(or maybe I am).

I hope this helps...

Last edited:
Thanks for all that info! I'm just gonna stay away. I didn't realize there were so many factors and things that could happen with a female. Just not going to tale a risk with it

Closed on a good note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members