advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My wife is very lean but always gets bloated???

Lene28

Registered
My wife is pretty lean; 12% has a good six pack. However, she is bloated quite often and we can't figure out why. It doesn't matter if it's around her period or not. She eats clean and rarely eats the same foods 2 days in a row (my guess was a food allergy). She does have a gluten allergy but even when she stays away from gluten sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't. It's really confusing because somedays she wakes up looking shredded and other days wakes up and her belly is sticking out...no clue what to do...

lots of foods react like a gluten sensitivity, even coffee. So a digestive enzyme that breaks up gluten and gliaidin is warranted. Often a sluggish gall bladder is involved, beets are a great supplement or TMG as well.

A digestive enzyme is fine and dandy but she really needs and allergy test. They are not that expensive and can give great info.

Have her eat starch and greens together[no protein]at one time and protein and green another,no starch and protien combined.Eat melons by themself and fruit by it's self.This type on food combining fixed my wife.

Get her to drop all dairy and wheat as well as eggs, beans/legumes, even whey protein, try her on a vegan blend from trueprotein. Allergy testing is fine but you may need to dig deeper to see food intolerances, on paper i'm not celiac but gluten does not agree with me.

Now super enzymes as sell as Bragg brand apple cider vinegar are excellent, also look into kefir yogurt (exception to the above banning of diary), as well as kimchi and other fermented foods. Glutamine can also help heal the stomach lining, she may consider adding this as well.

What's her meal portion size like?

What's her meal portion size like?

Very normal, turkey sandwich on ezekial bread with a rice cake, 3 chicken tenders with a medium sized sweet potato (didn't finish all the potato), 3 eggs with 3 pieces of turkey bacon. Those are some of the meals she ate today; the only time she eats large portions is our once a week cheat meal.

this and what food she eats
maybe try taking a couple doses of apple cider vinegar a day
also she drinking lots of water as well? i assume so tho

She actually doesn't drink much liquid; which is something I told her to start doing earlier this week.

Yeah, give 4+ litres of water per day a try. Some people just need more than others to keep the bloat down - I drink 8 litres/day myself. Failing that, get the allergy test as mentioned.

Even if its an allergy. there is a lot of cross contamination in foods, you cant get them all. Before you start rebuilding and repairing with glutamine and kimchi, (both great advice) you need to detox it first.
I'm thinking gall bladder. to check: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOMyIgsc8vg"]Murphy's Web Test for Gall Bladder Test by Georgia Nutritionist - YouTube[/ame] starts at .50sec.
called murphey's sign.

Can be splenda/sucralose too. Sugar free gum, bcaas, protein powder, others sources??

it can be a million things, narrow it down with nature

start with organic apple cider vinegar on an empty stomach

I have gerd and this is a night or day difference in helping digestion, breaking down carbs starches proteins fats, and for BLOATING

I am willing to bet it will improve her symptoms 25-50% everyday. And it is organic and has a plethora of health benefits beyond digestive purposes

papaya is the strongest natural digestive enzyme in nature, next is pineapple and third is apples/pectin

These work great as well and help nutrient absorption etc

john has a good point as well

Last edited:
it can be a million things, narrow it down with nature

start with organic apple cider vinegar on an empty stomach

I have gerd and this is a night or day difference in helping digestion, breaking down carbs starches proteins fats, and for BLOATING

I am willing to bet it will improve her symptoms 25-50% everyday. And it is organic and has a plethora of health benefits beyond digestive purposes

papaya is the strongest natural digestive enzyme in nature, next is pineapple and third is apples/pectin

These work great as well and help nutrient absorption etc

john has a good point as well

Like a Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar or more?

Very normal, turkey sandwich on ezekial bread with a rice cake, 3 chicken tenders with a medium sized sweet potato (didn't finish all the potato), 3 eggs with 3 pieces of turkey bacon. Those are some of the meals she ate today; the only time she eats large portions is our once a week cheat meal.

I'm sure all these are high in sodium. She should monitor her sodium intake along with staying properly hydrated.

Like a Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar or more?

People tend to use Apple Cider Vinegar in order to balance pH. Generally, two tablespoons before a meal containing meat.

My wife is pretty lean; 12% has a good six pack. However, she is bloated quite often and we can't figure out why. It doesn't matter if it's around her period or not. She eats clean and rarely eats the same foods 2 days in a row (my guess was a food allergy). She does have a gluten allergy but even when she stays away from gluten sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't. It's really confusing because somedays she wakes up looking shredded and other days wakes up and her belly is sticking out...no clue what to do...

How old is your wife? Constant bloating is actually a sign of ovarian cancer. Ovarian cancer symptoms are silent and subtle. Another telltale sign of ovarian cancer can be UTI related although UTI results will usually come back negative. You are your best doctor. I just lost my wife to ovarian cancer she was only 36. We found out too late she was always bloated.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear