over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question about a cycle I purchased

Lani

Newbies
Hi everyone :)

Just some info, I am 31 years old, 5'4", 24.9% bf (I want to go down to 20% at the moment) and 141.6 pounds. I do cardio 2xs a week and weight/strength train 3xs a week, sat and sun are my days off. I eat around 1400-1600 cals a day and I try to follow a 40%protein 40%carbs and 20%fat macro with my TDEE at around 2085 cals (my fitness tracker says 2223, so somewhere in between?). I'm not a very hungry person, so I feel like I am stuffing my face all day.

I recently purchased a t3 and clen cutting cycle for women. The cycle says to take:
week 1 & 2: t3 @ 50mcg a day
week 3 & 4: clen @ 80mcg a day
week 5 & 6: t3 @50mcg a day
week 7 & 8: clen @ 80mcg a day

I cannot find anyone else who has cycled like this in any forums. Does anyone have any experience with this cycle? How has it worked? I have read so much information about t3 and clen, I am on information overload. I don't know if I should be taking Taurine or benadryl or ketotifen, etc. I basically confused myself by reading too much! Any tips, suggestions?
Thank you! :)

Typically you'd take T3 all eight weeks. Two weeks on and two week off with the clen seems reasonable. You'd only really need the ketotifen if you tried to run the clen all eight weeks.

You might want to assess your tolerance rather than jumping in all at once with 80mcg of clen per day. Ramp up like this if possible:

Day1: 20mcg
Day2: 40mcg
Day3: 60mcg
Day4 and up: 80mcg

You don't really need to taper down at the end of the cycle but you can if you want.

Muscle cramps can be a problem while on clen. Drink 1.5 - 2 gallons of water per day, take 3 - 5g of taurine and take 200mg - 400mg of potassium.

You may feel jittery while on clen and have headaches.

Do not take clen after 4pm as it can interfere with your sleep. I wouldn't take it right before a workout either. Also, avoid HITT cardio while on clen. LISS cardio only.

I suggest you monitor your blood pressure throughout the cycle.

Do not stack clen with any other stimulants.

I suggest you put more time into cardio and training. You need cardio 5 times a week. Do first thing in the morning on a fasted state. Train body parts twice a week at 4 times a week. Boost your protein up slightly and slightly drop carbs. This alone will get you down fast. As far as those drugs I don't think you need as much as increasing your work load and adjusting macros.

I suggest you put more time into cardio and training. You need cardio 5 times a week. Do first thing in the morning on a fasted state. Train body parts twice a week at 4 times a week. Boost your protein up slightly and slightly drop carbs. This alone will get you down fast. As far as those drugs I don't think you need as much as increasing your work load and adjusting macros.

Hmm, maybe that is why I can't get the fat off. I hate it! I was ill for a while and the pounds packed on. Now it won't budge.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice!

IMO:

The catalyst is a two parts:

If you're trying to cut: Drop all carbs. Why insulin spike when that only stops the fat burn. Switch to a ketogenic diet (protein and fat). Learn how to use Intermittent Fasting within your weekly diet regimen to enable the body to use the stored energy (aka: fat) and increase growth hormone spikes. Stop using carbs until you're in need of them. It's all a tool.

Use hormones. At your age, when weight lifting if you're not on hrt, you need to be. Hormones are merely a supplement to aid dietary function.

Given your excessive energy (fat) stores, train high intensity with high reps/sets, rotating heavy sets every other week. The need for more work/less time is critical. Lesser rest between sets, if at all to achieve a cardio response from the workout.

Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I hate that setup. First off disregard everything people said about hrt and using hormones. People don't read the whole thread and I'm guessing they think your a man. You should be able to get to where you need with no issues with some tweaks in your diet training and maybe a little clen.

You need to train more often and do cardio more often as well. You won't get the results you want with the amount of work you are currently doing. From there a good diet is key and its hard to say if you are on a good track but with a 40/40/20 I would say you probably are close if you know how to time your nutrient correctly but carbs are probably still high.

Once all that is in place some clean and a good fat burner toggled back and forth should get you where you want to be. Its all about dedication and commitment.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I would definitely tweak your diet and definitely go for more fasted cardio in the a.m. Would only resort to clean and t3 when you naturally at a stopping point with the added cardio...Dosing is a last resort...Hopefully you know someone who can tweak your diet for your needs,everyone is different...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

:)
Just in case anyone is interested, I just had bloodwork done for my thyroid and adrenal glands. My DR thinks my weight gain and inability to lose fat is due to my hormones being effected by my previous long term prednisone use (I have crohns). Hopefully he is right. Good thing I didn't mess with the T3!
I have also started doing cardio 5xs a week with strength training 4xs a week.

I'm sure your doctor would prescribe t3 if it's needed..

Glad to see your putting in the time and effort to see changes.

My girl lost like 20lbs and went from looking good to looking amazing!!
Her diet improved the most and once she did that and stuck to it she was happy and it gave her even more motivation to workout.
She went from having a small
Belly and a chubby face to a 4-pack and cheeck bones.

Feels great to look at past and current pics..

Good luck in the future

:)
Just in case anyone is interested, I just had bloodwork done for my thyroid and adrenal glands. My DR thinks my weight gain and inability to lose fat is due to my hormones being effected by my previous long term prednisone use (I have crohns). Hopefully he is right. Good thing I didn't mess with the T3!
I have also started doing cardio 5xs a week with strength training 4xs a week.

prednisone is terrible and corticos in general are bad news, avoid like the plague if possible, there are far better ways to deal with crohns.

t3 you should avoid too, don't start fucking with your thyroid.

clen is also a shitty drug.

there are things you can take that will result in probably better real effects and certainly better side effects.

as stated work on diet and training.

don't go crazy on the training either, especially if your hormones are fucked for cortis. just gona result in more fuckedup hormones and over training.

also for many people eating all day is a bad idea, especially if your hormones are off.

lots you can do before playing with drugs.

I am no longer on pred, was weaned off last year. But I've been fat ever since. Dieting and training hasn't done much to shift anything, yet.
I have no choice but to eat as many small meals as possible to get enough calories throughout my day. I cannot tolerate larger,healthful meals. It creates a gastroparesis issue.

prednisone is terrible and corticos in general are bad news, avoid like the plague if possible, there are far better ways to deal with crohns.

t3 you should avoid too, don't start fucking with your thyroid.

clen is also a shitty drug.

there are things you can take that will result in probably better real effects and certainly better side effects.

as stated work on diet and training.

don't go crazy on the training either, especially if your hormones are fucked for cortis. just gona result in more fuckedup hormones and over training.

also for many people eating all day is a bad idea, especially if your hormones are off.

lots you can do before playing with drugs.

Thank you. It is a long road just figuring things out, but I am determined to make it work!
That is awesome that your girl found a way to lose 20 pounds and be motivated :) I bet its amazing to look at before and afters!
We are still doing hormones tests, but so far it looks like I am having some adrenal fatigue. I'm having to meet my deductible for these tests. I'm paying out of pocket, so it's taking a little longer to get them all done.

I'm sure your doctor would prescribe t3 if it's needed..

Glad to see your putting in the time and effort to see changes.

My girl lost like 20lbs and went from looking good to looking amazing!!
Her diet improved the most and once she did that and stuck to it she was happy and it gave her even more motivation to workout.
She went from having a small
Belly and a chubby face to a 4-pack and cheeck bones.

Feels great to look at past and current pics..

Good luck in the future

I used to do a lot of prep for National level and Pro FBB's. I personally know many females who have messed up thyroids from t-3 and all say it wasn't worth using it. Some are from being on too long, to high of dosage, or both. Females tend to rebound real bad from it. I know one "guru" who would run them high and long and mess it up. One other "guru" I know has actually developed a natural "plan" on how to get the thyroid working again on it's own due to all the females the other guru has messed up.

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear