over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Urination sensation during squats and deadlifts

Jefe

Featured Member - MrPickels
Featured Member
Registered
Verified Customer
So my gd told me that gets the sensation that she has pee leak out of her during squats and deadlifts. Says she ran to the lockerroom to check and she is just sweating normally. Anyone experience this? She says it's distracting from pushing through another rep. Thanks in advance.

Never experienced it but I have ripped some big farts which cut my workout short. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

I'm a farter too especially abs.

She is just annoyed because she feels she has a few reps left in the tank but stops because she feels like she's going to pee

I would say to pee right before set, put a pad on, and push thru it. Just to see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Have her go to a Doctor for bladder problems. Could be an infection or something she needs treated. Does she drink a lot of water around workout?

Is she a mother? Most women I know with children have problems like this. They bend down and tinkle on their panties, can't jump on trampolines etc.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

This is really common in women. Tell her to look up some of the CrossFit message boards. Women either piss themselves or feel like they're going to all the time during CrossFit; more specifically during the Olympic lifts.

ive never heard of this happening during squats or deads. i just asked my wife, she agrees. we know several girls who pee their pants doing jump ropes (wife included) though. they just deal with it. fuck it! its a gym, whos to say my crotch isnt wet from sweat. push through those sets girl!

She has what's called pelvic floor dysfunction. Have her look into doing some Kegel exercises.

She has what's called pelvic floor dysfunction. Have her look into doing some Kegel exercises.
i just googled this. interesting. ill show my lady friends that pee when doing jump ropes.

Thanks. I'll show her the responses.

She's not a mom.

She usually drinks a ton of water all day. Works out at 6am. I know she has a preworkout before. Mu ass is still in bed

This is really common in women. Tell her to look up some of the CrossFit message boards. Women either piss themselves or feel like they're going to all the time during CrossFit; more specifically during the Olympic lifts.

And then there's the gymgasm...

She usually drinks a ton of water all day. Works out at 6am. I know she has a preworkout before. Mu ass is still in bed

If she's drinking a lot of water throughout the day, sweating and peeling a lot. Be sure she's taking in a very good amount of sodium, moreso than normal. Upwards of 3000 mg. I would also encourage her to use iodized table salt as part of her sodium intake.

Is she certain that's it's really pee leaking out? I know my wife when training legs especially gets real sweaty in that area and if her pants weren't dark, it would look like she peed. Cardio especially but I haven't heard about accidental pee slipping out if she doesn't have a bladder problem?

Yup, pelvic floor issue. Common issue in mom's especially but we all could suffer. Check out Dr. Kathy Dooley on you tube. Search for pelvic floor dysfunction. She has a ton of stuff to help fix. She's a wealth of knowledge.

Sent from a place you don't know.

Super common. Have her do Kegels, which is contracting those muscles in the floor of her pelvis. Supposedly these are good for women who have trouble orgasiming! They have to be done regularly to work for at least 3-4 weeks.
Some women report this problem young or old, babies or not.

LOL, this happens to me all the time during squats and leg presses, Flex and
I think it's pretty funny.

Have her A. pee before heavy lifts, even if she doesn't think she has to go
B. Kegel exercises (they actually have Kegel Balls you can buy to do this) C. Have her stop and start her pee stream a couple times during normal urination.

Your first post in 1 1/2 years and it's about peeing... who would have predicted that :D

As others have stated this is very common and occurs during various execises but mainly heavy lifts. Great advice Anthro and it's good to see you back :)

physical therapist here- yeah, pelvic floor health. its a really common problem. dont start messing with salt and electrolytes yet. Once im generally above 87% 1RM things become an issue- there are lots of PT's that actually specialize in this.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws