advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Info for wife, Possible hormone issues? Birth control?

NixonBCali

Registered
I'm not sure where to start or where to post this but hopefully someone can chime in.

My wife is a personal trainer, uses a very reputable coach and her diet is anywhere from 90-100% clean and to the letter every single day. We both weigh out every meal, with the occasional date night cheat meal. We don't compete so we allow for those meals, and try our best to calculate them into our macros.

In October/November 2014 my wife's primary told her that her birth control was being discontinued and offered up the Depo Provera shot as an alternative, without properly educating her on the potential side effects. Her weight at that time wasn't bad at all, she's much leaner now with more lean mass. However within a month to 2 months on the shot her weight increased, while her diet remained consistent. We were moving across the country at the time so when we got resettled in our current location we got in with a new doctor here. He was very thorough and discussed the negative effects the shot could have had on her, which explained the water retention and the weight gain. She is now on Minastrin 24 FE since March/April 2015, the first month of transition was horrible and she experienced bleeding almost every single day for a month. She eventually became regular but now her weight is stagnant. She's not overweight by any means, in my eyes she's perfect, however her bodily goals are different and she wants to eliminate some more body fat and can't seem to break through this. She's 34 5'5" and 147lbs sitting at 19-20% BF. She keeps staying closer to the 20% mark and cannot seem to lose fat. Her coach is being very supportive and understanding but I wanted to see what other things it could be.

Could it still be the Depo Provera effecting her? I've read where it can take up to 18 months after stopping before a woman's hormones go back to normal. Could her current BC be effecting that as well? We unfortunately do not currently have medical so I thought about just getting blood work done through PrivateLabs and posting it on here, but wanted a recommendation on who to talk to on here with knowledge in this area. As far as physical health she seems perfectly fine but emotionally it's really taking a toll on her and most days it's fine, but some days you can see it really effecting her self esteem when she is seriously busting her ass to try and make changes.

She recently tried a cycle of Clen for 2 weeks on; she started at 20 then each day increased until she noticed sides. I had to stop her at 100mcg because she never felt any real effects from it. She got slight shakes at 80mcg but only for 30-45 minutes after ingestion, and was perfectly fine the rest of the day. She discontinued after 2 weeks and a taper off, but not a single change in scale weight, while her diet was perfect.

If anyone has any insight they want to share I'm all ears, thank you in advance!

Hormones can make a woman gain weight or help her lose it. If her estrogen and progesterone levels are all over the place, it's possible for her to gain weight and at the same time make it impossible for her to lose it. My wife is on depo provera and it's the only birth control that she likes because she has not gained any weight on it and she likes that she doesn't have painful cramping because she is not having periods. Only thing I can suggest is for her to get labs done and see where her hormone levels are ask a doctor for advice.

Hormones can make a woman gain weight or help her lose it. If her estrogen and progesterone levels are all over the place, it's possible for her to gain weight and at the same time make it impossible for her to lose it. My wife is on depo provera and it's the only birth control that she likes because she has not gained any weight on it and she likes that she doesn't have painful cramping because she is not having periods. Only thing I can suggest is for her to get labs done and see where her hormone levels are ask a doctor for advice.

Thanks man, I appreciate the input. I'm glad the depo works for your wife. From what we have now researched and been told by our docs the depo can be a pain to recover from. It seems the longer a woman is on it, the longer it takes for their body to go back to normal. Just something to think about as its what we're dealing with. We are definitely getting labs done soon.

Last time the doctor took her off the depo, it took her 6 months to starting having her period again. We knew what we were getting ourselves into, lol. Anyways good luck bro.

Last time the doctor took her off the depo, it took her 6 months to starting having her period again. We knew what we were getting ourselves into, lol. Anyways good luck bro.

Thanks man, appreciate it

From personal experience if she is on Minastrin, then losing weight is going to be very difficult as it affects cortisol as well as oestrogen and progestin, as cortisol is much higher the negative effects of the other hormones are amplified and as such can make it almost impossible to lose weight. Could she use the micro pill and injection as a lot of competitors in the fitness category use?

From personal experience if she is on Minastrin, then losing weight is going to be very difficult as it affects cortisol as well as oestrogen and progestin, as cortisol is much higher the negative effects of the other hormones are amplified and as such can make it almost impossible to lose weight. Could she use the micro pill and injection as a lot of competitors in the fitness category use?

We actually decided to stop BC all together as of 2 weeks ago. We talked it over and she has been on some form of BC since she was 18. It's time to let her natural hormones come back into play. I'm hoping in a few months everything will start to balance out. We get medical again soon so then we can talk to a doc about it. I appreciate your reply! The more info we have the better the outlook is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a woman on birth control, its a better result in fat maintenace to keep the diet much lower in carbs. Having lighter proteins like fish and turkey, making sure to use naturally sourced foods (wild caught, free range, organic) to prevent further endocrine dusruption, and being certain of food choices and portion control. Diet is more productive when simple and clean, avoiding sugars and dairy... in my experience, this is where ive seen the most success

For a woman on birth control, its a better result in fat maintenace to keep the diet much lower in carbs. Having lighter proteins like fish and turkey, making sure to use naturally sourced foods (wild caught, free range, organic) to prevent further endocrine dusruption, and being certain of food choices and portion control. Diet is more productive when simple and clean, avoiding sugars and dairy... in my experience, this is where ive seen the most success

Thank you for this, I'll have her evaluate her diet based on your suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just as hormones change, dietary needs do also. What worked a year ago wont necessarily work the same this year. Keeping a low carb diet, incorporating HIIT training... think about improving how insulin is used in her body and how nutrients may not being partitioned correctly. Using berberine or metformin would help to improve insulin sensitivity, alongside the diet and training changes. Avoid excess stimulants, wouldn't recommend tampering with her thyroid or adrenals (makes it worse), and you can steer things in a different direction

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws