over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anti DHT shampoo

Zarati

Registered
Are they effective?

I have high dht from TRT, i notice dome hair loss and thinning, would like to combat tbat without fucking with finasteride

ketoconazole 2 % helped me but probally because I wasnt on trt, and did 10 over the counter prohormone cycles in ten years from age 23 to 31. I didnt noticed much if any loss in those years.

I didnt start trt untill 33, and had higher hormone levels and noticed some thinning. Finasteride is your best bet on testosterone only higher doses. for trt you might be able to precent it with ketoconazole , just keep tabs on you hair.

ru85541 i think its called is worth a shot, I started usin this a year ago. make sure you fiind a good source, I think one source i used might not have done anything, i didnt notice anything.

For about the past 9 months I've been using some DHT blocking shampoo and conditioner from ShapiroMD. I also use minoxidil. I've been pretty happy with the results overall. I can say with all honesty the thinning and hair loss hasn't gotten any WORSE on the crown of my head (typical bald spot area for men) and the hair has actually maintained/grown a little thicker on the midscalp and forelock areas. I'll be turning 50 here in the next month. Been on TRT for 10 years and for the past 3 years I've also been adding in various compounds (NPP, tren, DHB, Primo, some orals) throughout the year in mini blasts to achieve a leaner vacation "look" or to a strength gaining cycle. Luckily I still have a pretty good head of hair and I'd like to keep what I have for as long as I can.

I use the shampoo, conditioner, and the leave-in foam. Using all 3 costs just north of $50 per month. Then I purchase the minoxidil from Walmart. You can check them out at ShapiroMD.com

Are they effective?

I have high dht from TRT, i notice dome hair loss and thinning, would like to combat tbat without fucking with finasteride

It works, give it 6 months to see best results. It can even reverse some hair loss/thinning. I've used it on and off and when i stop, hair thins but comes back when i use it consistently for months.

6-12 months of consistent use and this stuff is extremely effective. Anecdotally, 1% doesn't work nearly as well as 2%

Easy to get a script from a doc, just say you have dandruff and OTC shampoo isn't working. Otherwise, it's fairly easy to source from overseas pharmacies.

It works by blocking androgens at the follicle, so it works for all AAS including winstrol. It also works by some other mechanism that scientists aren't sure of it. RU is harder to source, minoxidil has some anecdotal reports of causing wrinkles/poor skin quality on the face. The beauty of nizoral is that you get 0 systemic effects. It's also a powerful anti-fungal and anti-dandruff compound.

Nizoral will at worse, greatly slow down hairloss/thinning and at best stop it/reverse it. It works best if you start before you have significant hair loss.

Last edited:
Finasteride is a very safe drug to use. The chance of you experiencing sides in pretty slim. I've been using it for a long while and no issues. Now I'm not a doctor so get advice prior to considering.

For me, 1 mg works just fine for my prostate.

It works, give it 6 months to see best results. It can even reverse some hair loss/thinning. I've used it on and off and when i stop, hair thins but comes back when i use it consistently for months.

6-12 months of consistent use and this stuff is extremely effective. Anecdotally, 1% doesn't work nearly as well as 2%

Easy to get a script from a doc, just say you have dandruff and OTC shampoo isn't working. Otherwise, it's fairly easy to source from overseas pharmacies.

It works by blocking androgens at the follicle, so it works for all AAS including winstrol. It also works by some other mechanism that scientists aren't sure of it. RU is harder to source, minoxidil has some anecdotal reports of causing wrinkles/poor skin quality on the face. The beauty of nizoral is that you get 0 systemic effects. It's also a powerful anti-fungal and anti-dandruff compound.

Nizoral will at worse, greatly slow down hairloss/thinning and at best stop it/reverse it. It works best if you start before you have significant hair loss.

Are you referring to nizoral? I thought nizoral did not need a script.

When I was 26 I got really concerned about hair loss related to MPB, not AAS. My doctor referred me to a dermatologist who stated Minoxidil and Finasteride were my only solutions. The irreversible sexual side effects of Finasteride allegedly occur in only 2% of people, but it was enough to prevent me from filling out the prescription he wrote. I also think the application of Minoxidil is too complicated because I'm lazy.

I dug up an old thread on Intense Muscle where Dante talked about Nizoral and did some further reading. Decided to give it a go as simple external application is what I was looking for. I'm 33 now and I still have hair. I eventually got up to a frequency where I use it every day. Originally I was using it 3-5 times a week, but realized it's one of those things that you have to stay on top of. It has to be 2% ketoconazole and, as a Canadian, I can get it right off the shelf in a twin pack at Costco. I know elsewhere it requires a prescription.

I won't say it regrows hair; it simply slows down the process of loss tremendously. Someone completely bald will see no benefits from it. A few years after my initial appointment with my doctor, he was surprised to see hair on my head. I told him about Nizoral and the 1998 Japanese study and he was completely unaware.

I would say give it a go. The best way to do it is to apply it at the beginning of your shower and wash it out at the end. You want to leave it on for 5-7 minutes.

Last edited:
Are you referring to nizoral? I thought nizoral did not need a script.

In the USA, 1% is OTC and 2% is prescription for nizoral.

When I was 26 I got really concerned about hair loss related to MPB, not AAS. My doctor referred me to a dermatologist who stated Minoxidil and Finasteride were my only solutions. The irreversible sexual side effects of Finasteride allegedly occur in only 2% of people, but it was enough to prevent me from filling out the prescription he wrote. I also think the application of Minoxidil is too complicated because I'm lazy.

I dug up an old thread on Intense Muscle where Dante talked about Nizoral and did some further reading. Decided to give it a go as simple external application is what I was looking for. I'm 33 now and I still have hair. I eventually got up to a frequency where I use it every day. Originally I was using it 3-5 times a week, but realized it's one of those things that you have to stay on top of. It has to be 2% ketoconazole and, as a Canadian, I can get it right off the shelf in a twin pack at Costco. I know elsewhere it requires a prescription.

I won't say it regrows hair; it simply slows down the process of loss tremendously. Someone completely bald will see no benefits from it. A few years after my initial appointment with my doctor, he was surprised to see hair on my head. I told him about Nizoral and the 1998 Japanese study and he was completely unaware.

I would say give it a go. The best way to do it is to apply it at the beginning of your shower and wash it out at the end. You want to leave it on for 5-7 minutes.

Even when finasteride doesn't cause sexual issues, you still want some DHT in your blood. It's a very important metabolite of testosterone which has positive effects on the brain among other things.

https://selfhacked.com/blog/hidden-benefits-dht-increase-reduce/

Nizoral can reverse hairloss if you catch it early, my temples were thinning further and further back into my head, when i use nizoral consistently, the temple hair grows back. When i stop, it starts to recede. Androgenetic alopecia is a gradual process where hair follicles slowly thin or "miniturize" until they are gone starting at the temples and/or crown. The etiology of male pattern baldness is still something of a mystery with various theories like skull growth and blood supply to the follicles. We know androgens are involved in some way but it goes further beyond that.

Last edited:
In the USA, 1% is OTC and 2% is prescription for nizoral

I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the clarification.

Do you think if you were to tell your doctor that your hair is getting thinner, he'd be willing to write a script?

Regenepure DR also has ketoconazole as well as a host of other potentially useful ingredients. I believe using it or nizoral have both helped reduce but not prevent hairloss.

ketoconazole is the active ingredient in nizoral. yes 2 % works better.

It dries your scalp out, and you need to leave it on at least a few minutes, preferably five or longer, but it does have some studies behind it if you search.

I noticed thinning while on ketoconazole 2 % while on higher hormone levels, even something thats supposed to be more mild like eq, thats why I got a script for finasteride and started test only cycles because finasteride doesnt do anything for for other compounds so finasteride=test only cycles, i used it with test and eq and thinned and eq wasnt even that high at like 300 mgs-made me think tren or something else was in there. On deca it amplifies dhn causing it to be much higher androgenic.

as far as finasteride and minox, they are the only fda approved so your doctor will probably only recommend that unless they are more open minded doctors and feel okay about recommending other stuff. remember Doctors usually like to go by the book

finasteride gets to the root of the cause on testosterone. minox doesnt it just a hair stimulator and does grow hair back. In my xperience finasteride sides arnt bad, however i seem to notice a not as deep voice on finasteride, and i did seem to have sexual effects esp when the dose is too high in relation to testosterone. On a trt dose a small 0.2 mgs has been shown to be effective , you can look up these studies. on a higher dose testosterone you would take more. or you may not need it at all, up to you to find what works for you. I could be a coach in this though hahaha

there is plenty of information out there, I recommend researching, my friend .

Last edited:
With finasteride, you doesn't completely get rid of DHT....there's still DHT....just not as much. Has anyone used Rogaine while on cycle and still actually grew their hair back?

ketoconazole is the active ingredient in nizoral. yes 2 % works better.

It dries your scalp out, and you need to leave it on at least a few minutes, preferably five or longer, but it does have some studies behind it if you search.

I noticed thinning while on ketoconazole 2 % while on higher hormone levels, even something thats supposed to be more mild like eq, thats why I got a script for finasteride and started test only cycles because finasteride doesnt do anything for for other compounds so finasteride=test only cycles, i used it with test and eq and thinned and eq wasnt even that high at like 300 mgs-made me think tren or something else was in there. On deca it amplifies dhn causing it to be much higher androgenic.

as far as finasteride and minox, they are the only fda approved so your doctor will probably only recommend that unless they are more open minded doctors and feel okay about recommending other stuff. remember Doctors usually like to go by the book

finasteride gets to the root of the cause on testosterone. minox doesnt it just a hair stimulator and does grow hair back. In my xperience finasteride sides arnt bad, however i seem to notice a not as deep voice on finasteride, and i did seem to have sexual effects esp when the dose is too high in relation to testosterone. On a trt dose a small 0.2 mgs has been shown to be effective , you can look up these studies. on a higher dose testosterone you would take more. or you may not need it at all, up to you to find what works for you. I could be a coach in this though hahaha

there is plenty of information out there, I recommend researching, my friend .

How high has your testosterone cycle be while on finasteride? Did your hair thin out at all while on test + finasteride?

Finasteride is a very safe drug to use. The chance of you experiencing sides in pretty slim. I've been using it for a long while and no issues. Now I'm not a doctor so get advice prior to considering.

For me, 1 mg works just fine for my prostate.

That's my question for the OP. How is your prostate now while having high DHT? I would be concerned about that even if you aren't having big problems yet. If its not a problem now, in another 5 years or more it very well might be.

With finasteride, you doesn't completely get rid of DHT....there's still DHT....just not as much. Has anyone used Rogaine while on cycle and still actually grew their hair back?

i started a few months ago and Ive grew some back

How high has your testosterone cycle be while on finasteride? Did your hair thin out at all while on test + finasteride?

600 mgs , no, it actually grew back some.:D I used 1.25 mgs finasteride every day....also used topical dutasteride rubbing it on my scalp every night

Kevin Mann on youtube has some tremendous information on youtube

That's my question for the OP. How is your prostate now while having high DHT? I would be concerned about that even if you aren't having big problems yet. If its not a problem now, in another 5 years or more it very well might be.

I don't have high DHT....I'm running a 125 mg of Test a week so it's all good. I was having issues waking up several times at night having to piss my brains out. Also, I would have trouble almost holding my urine. Like I said, no side effects.

I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the clarification.

Do you think if you were to tell your doctor that your hair is getting thinner, he'd be willing to write a script?

Most of the time no, because it's not approved by FDA for that purpose, so it would be off-label use. Some docs don't care but i wouldn't use this angle.

It's very easy to claim dandruff issues, most people i know get it this way.

Lovetobodybuild, Aphex, Warlock, Fk86, if any of you guys want any free Nizoral 2%...I have a bunch of them.... if any of you make an order at TN just send me the order number to my email reminding me and Ill make sure my crew stick 2 boxes in your order on the house no problem. I have shaved my head forever now so they are just sitting here.

Last edited:
Lovetobodybuild, Aphex, Warlock, Fk86, if any of you guys want any free Nizoral 2%...I have a bunch of them.... if any of you make an order at TN just send me the order number to my email reminding me and Ill make sure my crew stick a box in your order on the house no problem. I have shaved my head forever now so they are just sitting here.

Thanks so much for the offer. That speaks volumes of you :)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws