over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

PUREE MEALS 4 PURE MUSCLE

PAINFUL ADDICTION

Newbies
PUREE MEALS 4 PURE MUSCLE
How 2 B Ruthlessly Efficient at Devouring Huge Amounts of Food 4 Maximum Growth

We’ve all been here before - It’s near the midnight hour and I’m trying to choke down yet another plate heaping of washed ground beef, ff cottage cheese, asparagus and olive oil so that I can get in my 8th meal of day. I’m in the midst of DC Training so I MUST get this food down so I can pack on another 20 pounds the muscle I must have so I can dominate at my next comp. But it's gotten tired, no, downright disgusting, to eat so much of the same old bland shit day in and day out. :mad: There must be a better way!

Fortunately, there is. Pureeing meals can make life much easier 4 a bodybuilder to pack in more meals 4 more mass.

Granted, most of us have thought about doing this trick before. And some have even tried it, but gave up b/c the results were, shall we say, less than appetizing. Granted, most pureed meals don't taste that good, but then again if made right they don't taste all that bad.

Here are some advantages of Pureeing Ur Meals:

1. Pureeing Speeds Digestion.
The particle size of the pureed food is much smaller than what ur teeth can chew. And the smaller particle size, the surface to volume ratio of pureed food is much greater, thereby creating far more surface 4 ur digestive enzymes to attack the food . This means u digest the food much faster. A solid meal that would normally take a full 3+ hours to digest is digested in about 2. That means that ur body can assimilate more food in a 24-hour period. Of course u can slow down digestion by using a slow release protein like casein or a good fat like flax oil. On top of that pureeing meals will reduce indigestion too.

2. Pureeing Greatly Maximizes the Amount of Food and Protein U can Consume.
B/c u can digest meals faster, u can eat more often and so u can pack in a lot more food to meet ur daily quota of protein and calories.

3. Pureeing Saves Lots of Meal Prep Time.
Another huge plus. Pureeing meals can save time in preparation b/c u don't need 2 b so careful in fixin up a fancy meal. But the biggest time saving comes by greatly reducing the amount of time it takes to CHEW the meal.

4. Pureeing Saves Lots of Time Chewing Ur Meals.
Now, I tend to chew slow, real slow. Pureeing is a godsend for a bodybuilder who has a hard time squeezing all his meals in a busy workday. U can even ur puree meal(s) at home and bring them into work to slam down in seconds. Altogether I save more than 1 hour a day in time preparing and eating my meals. That’s a lot of time!

5. Pureeing Means U Don't Need to be a Great Cook.
U can use whatever ingredients u want and they can be cooked in any which way b/c it really doesn't matter. There’s no need to cook things to perfection or season them just right. I tend to overcook things, especially chicken breast, and they turn out tough and dry. But after pureeing dem breasts, it doesn’t matter a bit.

6. Pureeing Reduces the Need for Condiments.
B/c ur meal is pureed, u need little or no condiments to make the food palatable. Since many condiment like catsup, mayonnaise, margarine, etc r hi in salt, sugar and/or unwanted fat, this method eliminates these ingredients that can mess up one's diet especially while cutting.

7. Pureeing Makes it Easier to Adjust Ur Diet.
Iv found this 2 b a particularly useful advantage whether I‘m bulkin or cuttin. U see, when I’m in the grove of consuming most of my meals in liquid form, I don’t notice as much a change in the composition of the shakes. If I need to up my protein or lower my carb intake, I do so with purees much more easily than if I was on a mostly solid diet. I suppose that it’s b/c eating is a behavior that is governed by very strong primal instincts to maintain an eatin pattern that has allowed an individual to survive to this point. The brain hates big changes in eatin patterns and will rebel against them with often insatiable cravings to cheat. Now if ur on a liquid diet already and have become used to it, the brain is tricked into thinking that everything is status quo and A-OK b/c it sees its body is still getting in the shakes as usual, even tho their composition has changed. Remember, keep ur brain happy whenever possible.

8. U can eat even when u don't have an appetite.
Pureeing ur meals is perfect for a person who has no appetite due to the use of appetite suppressants used for cutting or while using orals.

Now, before u go crazy pureeing ur brains out (btw, brains puree rather well ya know), here’s a few tips for doing it right:

1. Make It Cold!
U always want to make ur pureed meal cold. The cold temperature really dampens the strange flavors that pureed food can have. And keeping it cool reduces the gang reflex, something u really, really don’t want to kick in when downing ur shake. Throwing in some ice into the mix and using pre-cooled ingredients whenever possible fit’s the bill.

2. Make it Sweet . . . and Sour!
The sweet-sour flavor combination is one of the most appealing of the gustatory sensations. Giving ur pureed shake a strong sweet-sour taste will greatly improve its palatability. This is why the famed Tuna and Orange Juice Shake works so well. My favorite drink to use is one of those clear, sugar-free, fruit-flavored sodas. My good friend Iron Serenity likes using diet cola or ginger ale, both of which have potent anti-nausea qualities thus making them perfect for purees.

3. Make It Smooth!
Trying to swallow lumps makes you gag. So puree your meal at least a few minutes to make it as smooth as possible.

4. Add Just the Right Amount of Liquid.
U will need to experiment with this. U need the puree to be fluid enough to allow ur blender to do its job yet not so watery as to make it unappetizing to drink.

5. Precook ur Meats.
This saves a huge amount of prep time. I cook up some ground beef, drain and wash the fat away with hot water several times ala DC Training. I then freeze it up and keep it in a ziplock bag, ready for a puree anytime. By doing so, I can transfer 70g of protein and other goodies from the frig into my belly (that is, if a bodybuilder can have a belly! lol) in less than 3 minutes, including wash up. How’s that for ruthless efficiency!

6. Don’t forget the fruits and veggies.
Throwing in some fruits and/or veggies adds essential vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients and fiber.

7. Add Eggs Last.Iv found that eggs, whether they’re cooked or not, are problematic when tossed into the blender. They tend to foam up and capture a lot of air, thus greatly increasing the volume of the puree that u need to get down. Iron Serenity likes to add the eggs last after turning down the blender to it’s slowest speed to minimize making meringue.

8. Master the Art of Chugging.
Ideally u want to slam down a pureed shake so that the mixture moves past ur taste buds so fast that u have little time to dwell on the taste. And the only way to do that is to chug it. Now, most of us have mastered this art in our beer-guzzlin teen years, but just in case some bros aren’t pros at it, here’s how. First make sure ur stomach is empty to make room for the most volume of shake. Now, as u start to drink, make sure u mouth is wide open - Don’t try to sip it down between tight lips, it won’t work. Next, as u swallow move ur jaw up and down, opening and closing ur mouth. This creates big peristaltic waves which transport huge amounts down the ol’ trap. And as u drink more and more, allow ur belly to distend with each gulp. Fear not, ur stomach will empty out pretty quickly and ur belly will go back into place.

9. Start Out Small then Move Up.
I would recommend that u start out with a shake about a pint in volume, then after uv mastered chugging, gradually increase the volume. You will be amazed how much u can get down with practice. I can guzzle nearly a quart and half now.

Here’s Some Recipes

I’ve listed below some general recipes that I most commonly use. Feel free to mix and match ingredients and to tweak them and add this and that to make them suit ur needs. Throw in some glutamine, bcaa’s, Phil’s liquid beef aminos, oatmeal, psyllium fiber etc. etc. etc. if u want. You will notice that these recipes are hi protein, hi in good fats and lo carbs with some veggies and fiber.

1. Chicken, Broccoli and Olive Oil Puree
The staple of my pureed diet, I use this recipe the most.

6 Chicken Tenders (about 9 oz.), microwaved, rinsed
12 oz. Raspberry-flavored Sugar-free Soda
Ice cubes to bring up the volume to 16 oz.
1 cup. Raw Broccoli, cut up
7 Baby Carrots
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil

Microwave the chicken. While the chicken is cooking, put the soda and ice cubes into the blender and place its lid on top to prevent splashing, start the blender then removed the lid. Then drop the pieces of broccoli one by one into the blender followed by the carrots, puree for 2 minutes. Once the chicken is done, removed it from the microwave and rinse it under cold water to remove the heat. Then drop them piece by piece into the blender, puree for 2 minutes. Pour in the olive oil and add some more water to keep the mixture flowing. Slam it down immediately.

543 calories
57g protein
31g fat
11g net carbs
3g fiber

2. Tilapia, Whey, Greens and Lemonade Puree
I use extra strong lemonade mix to mask the flavor of the fish.

1, 7oz. Tilapia filet
12 oz. Crystal Lite Lemonade, xtra strong
Ice cubes to bring up the volume to 16 oz.
2 cups. of Salad Greens
1 scoop Vanilla Whey Protein
2 Tbsp. Flaxseed Oil

While ur microwaving the fish, put the crystal lite and ice cubes into the blender and cover with the lid, start blender. Then drop greens bunch after bunch into the blender, puree for 2 minutes. Once the fish is cook, rinse it under cold water. Then break it up and drop the pieces into the blender, puree for 2 minutes. Pour in the whey protein, flaxseed oil and add cold water if needed.

529 calories
62g protein
29g fat
5g net carbs
2g fiber

3. Ground Beef, Cottage Cheese, Asparagus and Salsa Puree
Loaded with slow-release protein, this is my favorite bedtime meal.

16 oz. Diet Ginger Ale, NO ICE
1 ½ cups Cooked, rinsed, frozen Ground Beef
7 oz. (½ can) Canned Asparagus
¾ cup FF Cottage Cheese
2 tbsp. Salsa
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil

Pour the ginger ale into the blender, cover and start the blender. If u add ice, the whole thing will freeze up and turn into a giant snow cone once u add the frozen ground beef. Pour in the frozen ground beef, followed by the asparagus, cottage cheese, salsa and olive oil. Add cold water if needed.

605 calories
69g protein
32g fat
7g net carbs
3g fiber

4. The Mini Puree
Great for supplementing a solid meal (like a cheat meal) that doesn’t have enough protein to feed ur muscles. Just halve all the ingredients for one of the recipes above. I would recommend u drink ur pureed shake BEFORE the solid food or else u will probably eat too much so that u can’t drink ur mini puree.

That does it. Of course, feel free to experiment with ur own concoctions to max out the muscle. Now, I don’t expect that u will suddenly stop eating all solid food and consume nothing but a purely liquid diet of nothing but pureed meals. But then again, don’t be surprised if u find that u luv pureeing meals so much that in ur quest for that 20 more pounds of muscle u will soon be “eating“ most of ur meals this way.

EAT BIG 2 GET BIG!
Pain
:cool:

Last edited:
Good post, are you friends with IronSerenity? He posted about Puree meals but didnt give details... He said his friend would post it up? Are you the one? :D

Okay after a reread i see you are "the one" LOL... Few questions. My biggest problem is chewing... so this perfect for me escpecially at work.

1) You are using Diet Sodas, do you ever use just water? Also doesnt all that sugar and gas add up?
2) If i make my puree shakes for work wont the contents settle, do i just shake it up and down it? you said keep it cold, i already take a cooler bag to work as it is so thats good.
3) If the soda is a problem towards comp time what can you replace it with?

Thanks

Last edited:
all i need is a blender lol. thanks for the info. good read

Good post, are you friends with IronSerenity? He posted about Puree meals but didnt give details... He said his friend would post it up? Are you the one? :D

Okay after a reread i see you are "the one" LOL... Few questions. My biggest problem is chewing... so this perfect for me escpecially at work.

1) You are using Diet Sodas, do you ever use just water? Also doesnt all that sugar and gas add up?
2) If i make my puree shakes for work wont the contents settle, do i just shake it up and down it? you said keep it cold, i already take a cooler bag to work as it is so thats good.
3) If the soda is a problem towards comp time what can you replace it with?

Thanks

LOL, he's 'the one'
His protocol is great for my current cutting cycle, it makes it so damn easy to consume little to no carbs! Good job with the post, it looks great!

You'd be surprised how keeping it cold, then simply shaking it up (maybe in a shaker cup) works. The contents will settle a bit, but I've found it even easier to consume after it has been in a thermous for a little while.

And for the record, I like to use crystal light, it works great just like the diet 7up or what have you... You can really improvise.

Last edited:
Thanks IronS and Painful, will give this a run when i get a blender...

Tried a hand held one once but you gotta get a processor.

HONESTLY

YOU ARE TOTALLY OBSESSED WITH BODY BUILDING AT THE EXCLUSION OF ENJOYING YOUR LIFE. YOU DO NOT EVEN TAKE TIME TO ENJOY YOUR FOOD? YOU ARE JUST GOING TO GET FAT EATING THOSE MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF CALORIES. DIGESTION STARTS IN YOUR MOUTH, YOU ARE MISSING THAT FIRST STEP COMPLETELY.HEY, ITS YOUR LIFE BUT WHERE DOES ENJOYING LIFE FIT IN?

YOU ARE TOTALLY OBSESSED WITH BODY BUILDING AT THE EXCLUSION OF ENJOYING YOUR LIFE. YOU DO NOT EVEN TAKE TIME TO ENJOY YOUR FOOD? YOU ARE JUST GOING TO GET FAT EATING THOSE MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF CALORIES. DIGESTION STARTS IN YOUR MOUTH, YOU ARE MISSING THAT FIRST STEP COMPLETELY.HEY, ITS YOUR LIFE BUT WHERE DOES ENJOYING LIFE FIT IN?

Phil, I have honestly had it with your negativity.
If it is someone elses life, and you have nothing nice to say, then please, keep your comments to yourself....

Amylase enzyme is released in the saliva, the same enzyme that is released in further digestion from the pancreas... You don't have to add so much food, you can tinker with it as you wish... Phil, you never have anything good to say. If we want to live our lives one way and share our experiences with a POSITIVE, HELPFUL attitude that is great, but it is about time someone satnds up to this. BE HAPPY for crying out loud!
Some of us don't have a lot of time to sit and eat a meal, personally, I have a poor appetite and this helps greatly. I have not lost all expense of life by any means, you think this means that we don't enjoy solid meals when given the time parameters, get real. And the enjoying life part comes in WITH ALL THE EXTRA TIME YOU GAIN! Let's see more time for sex, more time for movies, more time for hikes, whatever! You're going to come back at me with some rude comment and tell me why I am an immature kid and don't know anything, and that is fine, but you will simply be showing who the immature kid is. Please Phil, for the love of God, will you get some help for your hostility, I know that I am not the only one that feels this way. We want you around, it is just hard when you're negative....
I will give you one thing, at least you had the decency to say, "its your life." But that is all the more reason to "LIVE YOUR LIFE!"
Thank you, and I'm sorry that it had to come out like this.
And FYI fellas, this may be his '1st' post, but he has been around here since the beginning of this fine establishment, and is ONE person I would trust with my life, and would never ever steer you the wrong way. Happy St. Patricks Day everyone!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info iron and painfull, I'm off to look for a blender now, Happy st paddys day!!!:D

Last edited:
IRON

Phil, I have honestly had it with your negativity.
If it is someone elses life, and you have nothing nice to say, then please, keep your comments to yourself....

Amylase enzyme is released in the saliva, the same enzyme that is released in further digestion from the pancreas... You don't have to add so much food, you can tinker with it as you wish... Phil, you never have anything good to say. If we want to live our lives one way and share our experiences with a POSITIVE, HELPFUL attitude that is great, but it is about time someone satnds up to this. BE HAPPY for crying out loud!
Some of us don't have a lot of time to sit and eat a meal, personally, I have a poor appetite and this helps greatly. I have not lost all expense of life by any means, you think this means that we don't enjoy solid meals when given the time parameters, get real. And the enjoying life part comes in WITH ALL THE EXTRA TIME YOU GAIN! Let's see more time for sex, more time for movies, more time for hikes, whatever! You're going to come back at me with some rude comment and tell me why I am an immature kid and don't know anything, and that is fine, but you will simply be showing who the immature kid is. Please Phil, for the love of God, will you get some help for your hostility, I know that I am not the only one that feels this way. We want you around, it is just hard when you're negative....
I will give you one thing, at least you had the decency to say, "its your life." But that is all the more reason to "LIVE YOUR LIFE!"
Thank you, and I'm sorry that it had to come out like this.
And FYI fellas, this may be his '1st' post, but he has been around here since the beginning of this fine establishment, and is ONE person I would trust with my life, and would never ever steer you the wrong way. Happy St. Patricks Day everyone!

Negativity to you is common sense to me. I am just trying to point out the craziness in this sport. Maybe this forum is not for you........you seem not to be able to handle criticism from they people that you ask guidance from. First of all, you are fat. You are not lean. You post pictures that we cannot distinguish one way or another what you look like. Your self esteem is wrapped up in how much you weigh and it shows. If that is negative then so be it. I cant save you from the nonsense you put your body through so you can feel like a bodybuilder............but you are getting farther from it the more I read your posts. Try this approach Ironserenity....when you are full and it is late at night, instead of cramming another meal down your throat, GO TO BED. The MISLEADING title is PUREE FOR PURE MUSCLE..........trust me when I tell you that you will be adding more pure fat.

PS.

You are also asking for acid reflux problems later in life. You guys are young now, but believe me, if you are lucky you can grow old and it wont be fun with esophagus and stomach problems. Do you guys actually think us veterans have not tried this before?I mean REALLY? Are you that naive to think that you just thought this up?

Hi....

PHIL! i must say i appreciate your honesty.... and it is only out of the good for fellow man. sometimes the truth hurts....... but someone needs to convey it.....

Negativity to you is common sense to me. I am just trying to point out the craziness in this sport. Maybe this forum is not for you........you seem not to be able to handle criticism from they people that you ask guidance from. First of all, you are fat. You are not lean. You post pictures that we cannot distinguish one way or another what you look like. Your self esteem is wrapped up in how much you weigh and it shows. If that is negative then so be it. I cant save you from the nonsense you put your body through so you can feel like a bodybuilder............but you are getting farther from it the more I read your posts. Try this approach Ironserenity....when you are full and it is late at night, instead of cramming another meal down your throat, GO TO BED. The MISLEADING title is PUREE FOR PURE MUSCLE..........trust me when I tell you that you will be adding more pure fat.

Thanks Phil! I'm not going sit here and argue, I made my prior point that you tend to be ultra negative, if that is how I see it, then that is fine with me! You cannot, however, tell me what I am thinking when I post pictures, I've posted, what, a total of two? And I have stated that I am not lean right now, I never said I was, gheesh, I know I am not, but I am certainly getting there... I just had a tremendous workout and I feel GREAT so good riddance, and quite honestly, thank you for the motivation for my diet, It actually helps! I hope you can manage to maintain happiness, whether you've found it already or not, but my posts are about remaining positive, but yes, the truth can hurt, point taken.

But one small thing, and this is not a jab whatsoever, and let it be said here and now, I am not asking guidance from you.

Yes. I will look at things differently as well.

But it might be mind expanding for you to try the same. Of course I seek professional help, I'm not in denial, we all have problems that we can work with, I think it is smart for everyone to seek professional help! Great Advice, Phil!

Last edited by a moderator:

For alot of us competitive bodybuilding or even just living this lifestyle IS our lives and we are perfectly content with that. Me, I don't have a social life at all... what so ever... I don't mind it one bit. I am living my life MY way and enjoying every second of it. As is Serenity, im a personal friend of his and can say... He loves what he does just like I do and was made for this. How on earth is he going to get fat eating massive amounts of calories? Ive been talking to him over a year and a half now online, phone, everything and he never goes above 20%. Hes focused on building freakish proportions, not looking like an abercrombie wana be. He knows his body alot better than you bro, so criticizing a plan thats been PROVEN effective with personal insults is one thing. Not necessary by any means.

You are also asking for acid reflux problems later in life. You guys are young now, but believe me, if you are lucky you can grow old and it wont be fun with esophagus and stomach problems. Do you guys actually think us veterans have not tried this before?I mean REALLY? Are you that naive to think that you just thought this up?

Theres actually logs of Metzer and Columbo trying liquid diets post contest for a massive amount of calories for their rebounds, worked amazingly for them. Works GREAT for me as well. Not too mention over on the Anonymously Jacked forums (all IFBB and top level NPC competitors, invite only) liquid diets are preached HIGHLY. Assuming you are doing them correctly, adding in solids to slow digestion and mvoement of the bollus.

I don't see how personal attacks merit your argument at all. Neither do I see how he is fat... He cares alot about how much he weighs, just as I do. Were not concerned about staying lean in the offseason, were concerned about creating the largest freakiest physique we possibly can for the stage. Were not "recreational lifters".

Phil, you may be a retired IFBB pro... Your advice is invaluable. Instead of lashing out with personal attacks please point out factual information instead of "I don't like this plan" so that we can better work with that experience and implement it.

Thank you.

Sorry for the multiple posts, text box isn't scrolling for me at the moment. Anyways, theres a shit load of great info on this board. Instead of being asses about stuff help eachother out. Serenity was merely asking you to quit being so negative. Theres no need for a flame war.

Last edited:
Honestly

I don't see how personal attacks merit your argument at all. Neither do I see how he is fat... He cares alot about how much he weighs, just as I do. Were not concerned about staying lean in the offseason, were concerned about creating the largest freakiest physique we possibly can for the stage. Were not "recreational lifters".

Phil, you may be a retired IFBB pro... Your advice is invaluable. Instead of lashing out with personal attacks please point out factual information instead of "I don't like this plan" so that we can better work with that experience and implement it.

Thank you.

Sorry for the multiple posts, text box isn't scrolling for me at the moment. Anyways, theres a shit load of great info on this board. Instead of being asses about stuff help eachother out. Serenity was merely asking you to quit being so negative. Theres no need for a flame war.

Isn't being sloppy fat proof enough? Post your pictures so we can end this argument. I think that maybe you both think you are better than you really are. Take a REAL PICTURE and let us be the judge.

Proven? Never above 20%? How on earth can he get fat eating massive amounts of food? I will apologise to you both on one condition.

1. POST YOUR PICTURES IN POSING TRUNKS..........lets see how this experiment is going. Until then, you are just posers trying to be bodybuilders. This site will not put up with your stupid shit so you better produce something in pictures that is at least respectable. Neither of you have any credibility or at least PLACED in a bodybuilding show. Quit speaking on something you know nothing about. This is not GETBIG.

Might want to venture out of your cave here and there lol.
Why don't you re-read everything I wrote before you highlited. If its not clear here you go.

Hes not getting fat lol, he is under 20% in the offseason at a weight of around 260 pounds at age 19. he consumes mass amounts of calories, why isn't he 30%+? Because his body can handle the massive amount of calories and use them primarily for growth and his LBM supports that amount of caloric expenditure.

Heres some random CONTEST shots again http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33667

Im a 255 pound 20 year old competitor Phil. I have entered into 17 shows from age 17 to 20. I have won 1st-4th in all and had to drop out of two.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131