over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My Large Mouth Bass

triathloncoach

Featured Member / Kilo Klub / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Board Supporter
This is my pet largemouth bass. He (or she) does not have a name. And he (or she) hates me. But I love him (or her).

Anyone looking for an aggressive predator fish should stay out of the pet stores. I caught him (or her) on a plastic lizard in a dirty little pond. He (or she) will jump out of the tank to take worms out of my hands. And when I feed the turtles I need to put my hand in the tank (120ish gallons in my basement) and push him (or her) away with my hand so they can eat. And he (or she) really struggles to get around my hand. It's very funny. He (or she) is almost as big a glutton as my pug.

Bass make great pets! And with the right seasoning they taste good too.

Attachments

• photo 1 (6).jpg
    photo 1 (6).jpg
    153 KB · Views: 686
  • photo 2 (3).jpg
    photo 2 (3).jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 623
When I was a kid we kept some bass for awhile. We threw cheerios on the top of the water to watch the bass breach - entertaining.

ha ha that cool!

Bass need so .much more food then that.....they literally eat whole fish like half their size....u prepping it for a comp or something?!.....I have a pond with a ton of them....set him (or her) free!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bass need so .much more food then that.....they literally eat whole fish like half their size....u prepping it for a comp or something?!.....I have a pond with a ton of them....set him (or her) free!!!

He (or she) is actually losing some of his (or her) charm. But it's fun watching him (or her)stuff 15 gold fish down at a time.

Maybe I will let IT go tomorrow. IT has grown since IT was caught tho. It appears to be a very happy bass.

Maybe I should start a "bASS" thread. You know, folks can say TC has a great bASS.

Last edited:
Wait now....first u said it hates you, ow u say its happy???? Don't kid yourself the thing is miserable lol

Lol..that's cool. My girls brother had some Brook Trout for a while in his tank..he fed them so much worms, shiners and meal worms. He let them go after a few months cause their tails started to turn red from being in a tank.

Ummm TC.... Hate to break it to you, but it's not exactly normal to consider eating a pet! I recommend either getting counseling or a really good Cajun cookbook. :food;smil

coach, what r u gonna do fatten him up and eat him?? that is something I have only seen at the bass pro shops, but ur the first individual I ever saw that owned a pet largemouth bass, that's hilarious.

Update: MoparFreak's mean spirited attacks bullied (sniff - sniff) me into releasing my bass back into it's pond. Watching the ungrateful bastard (bitch) swim away was one of life's poignant moments, that left me wiping away my tears. And my daughter asking if we can bring home another turtle. No!!! No more pets!!! Arrrrrgh! Kids.

PS: I really want a pickeral, but they are hard to find in Georgia. And the local Gars are too big. I did order 2 spotted gars from a guy in Florida about 2 years ago, I felt like a loser not catching them myself. They cost about $75 a piece with shipping. And my turtles promptly ate them. Same with the catfish (bull head and channel) I caught and put in there. They quickly become turtle food. The Bass (both large and small mouth) and Blue Gills are aggressive enough to hold their own.

I will fish again. And I don't do catch and release. It's catch and keep. For a little while.

Last edited:
Thats kinda neat having a bass as a pet. Id figure they would be hard to keep alive. Not a very common pet. Did you catch him yourself?

You need to get some rocks and plants in there. Maybe a dozen minnows every few days.

I remember Cabelas had a Musky in there tank.
Little kids reaching over the tank, waving there little fingers in the water!

I Can't find a tank big enough:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 230
One of the most interesting pets I've had was a snapping turtle. I caught him by the river near my house where I grew up and kept him in a big baby pool.

It became a problem when one of my neighbors cats was out roaming and jumped in the baby pool... leg snapped....neighbor pissed.

I let my turtle go back by the river :(

mt friend and his bucket of pets

he was walking back from the pond and the game warden stopped him and asked if he had a fishing license allowing him to have that bucket of fish he caught. My friend said, " heavens no!" "These are my pets and I take them to the pond every day for a swim and call them back to the bucket and they return home". The warden , intrigued , asked him to release them back in the pond so he could see. And of course my friend obliged. The warden then asked him to call them back in. My friend said "call what?" "The Fish!!! Call the fish back in!!" the warden yelled. My friend said, "What fish"?:)

gotta be hell keeping that water clean

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner