over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dog wellness plan?

SitySlicker1

Banned
We've got a lot of dog owners here, so I thought this would be a good place to ask my question...

Just over a year ago I signed up for a puppy wellness plan with Banfield at a Petsmart location for one year. I figured after a year my dog would be covered since he has had all his vaccinations shots and has been neutered.

Anyhow I just found out through my c.c. statement that they charged me for a 13th month. I contacted corporate office to find out why my acct was charged and come to find out they transferred me from a puppy wellness plan to a dog wellness plan. At that point I was upset, because I was not notified of the changes. I just assumed they cancel it after a year, should of known better. Well as I was in the process of cancelling my acct the rep told me it would not be a good idea to cancel since he would have to get 6 updated vaccination shots every year, plus in order to get heart worm meds from them I'd have to get him tested for heart worms and test negative.

I've never heard of such a thing. I always heard people getting their puppy on plans for one year and then just following up with a rabies shot every 3 years. So to confirm what this rep was telling me (who was trying everything in his power to convince me this plan was essential) I called petsmart in the banfield dept to get a second opinion. They confirmed everything the rep was telling me.

I'm trying to figure out if this plan really necessary? I did the math and with the 6 vaccinations done yearly, plus heart script and heart worm test it would all be a little less then what I paying now which is close to $450 a year. My dog is also a Pomeranian and indoors most of the time. He goes for a walk (leased) outside 2 times for no more then 30 mins and doesn't have any contact with any other dogs. To me it would make more since to get pet insurance instead, since the probably of him getting hurt would be more of a concern then disease.

Do you all have your dog on some wellness plan or do you just get them vaccinated for the disease you think are the most important yearly?

I think there trying to get you on the heart worm test. if I remember right the heart worm meds are for prevention. and I don't think we ever had to get a test or even a script. try petmeds.com if they ask for a script I know we used to just walk in our local feed store and get the meds even antibiotics.
ban field is ok for the first year cuz you them fixed and shots. but just shots and worm meds I wouldn't. our vet is $32.00 for an office visit and shots were like $10.00. I would drop them but double check on the heart worm meds and test. I don't think the test is required for meds.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131