over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tick control

Rory33

Banned
Hey everyone. Need some advice on tick control. My parents (both disabled) live near a wooded area an have a severe tick problem with their 2 dogs. I've bathed the dogs before, bought permathin for the yard, and even put the dogs on frontline plus with no results. They've used flea an tick powders inside an are shampooing the carpets an areas the dogs sleep every other day.

They have 2 indoor cats as well (clean everytime I check them) that I'm driving to their city to pick up an take back with me so they can treat the inside more aggressive.

I was thinking of bathing the dogs in permathin an spraying inside but since it's not seeming to work in the yard not sure if that's even a good idea.

Anyone have a better solution? As said before my parents are disabled so I'm having to help out on this and seems everything in doing is just a waste of money & time. We don't live in the same city so I have to drive an hour to hour an half just to go help them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

That's a tough spot man, I don't envy you. We recently had the same problem with my two dogs. No product seemed to work. In the end we had to just be super diligent about keeping them out of the woods and that helped immeasurably.

Yeah they keep the dogs out of there but seems that they get it from the yard when they take them out. I'm about ready to use gasoline on the yard if nothing else works

I rented a farm a few years back that had a nasty tick and flea infestation. A friend of mine that had a business spraying for bugs and spraying fertilizers gave me a product that interupts their ability to reproduce. I did it twice and never had an issue again. It cost a 2-3 hundred bucks. pm me if you want me to find the name again.

I have used fly, tick spray for horses before with good results, it's not just the chemical it's how long it has residual effect, most permethrin dosnt last longer than a few days... Horse spray last about a week

Hey everyone. Need some advice on tick control. My parents (both disabled) live near a wooded area an have a severe tick problem with their 2 dogs. I've bathed the dogs before, bought permathin for the yard, and even put the dogs on frontline plus with no results. They've used flea an tick powders inside an are shampooing the carpets an areas the dogs sleep every other day.

They have 2 indoor cats as well (clean everytime I check them) that I'm driving to their city to pick up an take back with me so they can treat the inside more aggressive.

I was thinking of bathing the dogs in permathin an spraying inside but since it's not seeming to work in the yard not sure if that's even a good idea.

Anyone have a better solution? As said before my parents are disabled so I'm having to help out on this and seems everything in doing is just a waste of money & time. We don't live in the same city so I have to drive an hour to hour an half just to go help them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Check with your local animal shelters, many of them have dipping services for cats and dogs. Our philly SCPA doesn't do it any more, but many other cities still do this. See if your local shelters do this. If not, most Vets have this service for sure. You can get rid of 90%-95% of them in one shot this way.

As for the wooded area, see if you can get the local cities tree and park services to stop by and show them the area effected. There may be a small charge for them to spray the area but your dogs would really appreciate the money as well spent on them. Good luck.

Thanks. I've looked for dipping services around here an haven't found anything. The vets used to do it, but now they just send you to groomers that will just give them a bath, which is what we're doing all the time. Then they push frontline which is why we went that route.

I've reported the area but it's private property an the land owner could care less since his home is a few acres away.

I'm here now an going to run by a feed store an see what they'll have for horses as well.

my dog lived under some trees in my back yard, and was covered with ticks, I put 2 tubes of the off brand frontline from walmart on him and the next day it looked like someone dropped abox of grapes out there with all the dead ticks on the ground. and he was clean for the rest of the summer.

I know this seems a little far-fetched, but if it's a heavy wooded area, and there is a super large amount of ticks, I'd look into getting some birds or lizards/frogs/toads and letting them go there (depending on your climate and where you live). They are a natural predator of ticks, so they'll reduce that area's population of ticks until they have to move on to bigger and better things. Haha it's crazy I know, but it works in some situations.

with my hunting dogs I give them frontline monthly and dip them about once a month with some heavy duty dip , and when I mean dip I fill a big tub and soak those fuckers till they are saturated with it 100% , grab them around the nose and shove their head under water !!

they all also get a clove of crushed raw garlic in their food every day , this makes their oil in their skin bug retardent , Mosquitos and horse flys dont even mess with them

they will get a tick here and their but I've never found a full one and these dogs stay in kennels right against 21,000 acre national forest and we have never treated the area for fleas or ticks

with my hunting dogs I give them frontline monthly and dip them about once a month with some heavy duty dip , and when I mean dip I fill a big tub and soak those fuckers till they are saturated with it 100% , grab them around the nose and shove their head under water !!

they all also get a clove of crushed raw garlic in their food every day , this makes their oil in their skin bug retardent , Mosquitos and horse flys dont even mess with them

they will get a tick here and their but I've never found a full one and these dogs stay in kennels right against 21,000 acre national forest and we have never treated the area for fleas or ticks

first time i have heard of that, thanks for the tip.

Thanks bro. What are you using for the dip? I'll get a tub and try that as well. I just called my dad this morning to get him to start getting them on the garlic as well.

this is the dip I use , it's actualy a cattle dip but it's cheap! we have a bit tub thats about 50-60 gallons , we fill it part way and add a half a gallon of dip , put the dog in it and make him lay down then dunk his head a couple times.

my dogs only eat raw meat (skinless chicken leg quarters mostly) I grind the garlic up and slice a hole in the thigh of the meat and stuff it in their and now if some spills out they generally will lick it up

:yeahthat:

My dogs eat raw, with garlic, the best thing you can do for your dog IMHO. never have a flea problem. We only sprayed them when we went trail riding

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131