over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

severe elbow pain

Mike Hunt

Registered
ok im gonna treat this like i have tennis elbow first and see how that goes, how do i go about fixing this issue? this pertains to my right elbow

if i turn my palm upwards, the left bone in my elbow hurts to the touch even. pull ups are out of the questions just hanging there hurts my left side of elbow and shots a sharp pain up my arm into my tricep...im guessing this is the begin beginning stages of tennis elbow. any experience or advice appreciated.

Been dealing with a sore elbow for years. Lighter weight and avoid anything that causes it pain. I know that isn't easy, "avoid any exercises that cause that pain". You're gonna have to experiment, with different moves and maybe shorter range of motion, and lighter weight. You aren't gonna be able to get around the lighter weight part, deal with it. I think a little pain is ok, because you have to get blood flow in there, and that may hurt a little. That's just part of the deal. It may come down to finding just one move that gives the least amount of pain, but again keep it light. Go for the pump, rest pause for overload, don't overdo it.

I had the tendonitis in my elbow for years, about 7 years ago, I had a flare up and worked around it the best I could, testing it every few months until it flared up again. Then, while doing dumbell inclines my tricep tendon popped. Surgery and 8 weeks later I started the journey to rehab it and now it feels great.
My advice, work around it and don't do anything that hurts it

The pain you have described as shooting up your arm sounds like there is some kind of pressure on the ulnar nerve there at your elbow. Perhaps some swelling.

Had that nagging pain near my elbow and finally popped my tricep tendon too (weighted dips). I'm 7 months post op and almost 100% again.

Last edited:
Had same pain in ulnar nerve for years. Friction massage, followed with ice massage cured it for me!

Nerve pain usually travels away from the brain rather than towards. Sounds like golfer's elbow to me. Ice, rest, massage, stretching tris bis wrist and shoulder will help.

Had that nagging pain near my elbow and finally popped my tricep tendon too (weighted dips). I'm 7 months post op and almost 100% again.

Nice recovery vin glad to hear it went well. I think i was 100% around that time too.

Nice recovery vin glad to hear it went well. I think i was 100% around that time too.

Thanks. First couple a months were a little slow...than BAM it took off. Feels great now.

Devenidas turned me onto a specific brand of Curcumin that worked perfectly for me, and it did for him as well obviously. He said he tried others but only this one worked, thanks to him this was the first one I bought.

The Brand is Doctors Best, and its Curcumin Phytosome featuring Meriva. That brand makes other ones but he said get that exact one so thats what I did. They are 500mg each and you take 4 a day.

I took 3 weeks off training upper body and when i came back so did the pain. I took this and it went away like instantly. If i go heavy it bothers me a little but this stuff works....

Go see a an orthopedic guy original poster. Do your research and find a good one.

I'm 4 months post op. I still can't even do like an overhead DB extension with no more than 5lbs. Single cable presdown only 5lbs. Can't press more than 25lb dumbells and bad arm won't go completely straight. I seen a dr for a second opinion and he thinks it's messed up and MRI tomorrow. I'm hoping it's just still healing. I can do bench press and hammer machines ok but still very light. Super bummed about this while process and pray it's not torn. I'm 4 months post op. I still can't even do like an overhead DB extension with no more than 5lbs. Single cable presdown only 5lbs. Can't press more than 25lb dumbells and bad arm won't go completely straight. I seen a dr for a second opinion and he thinks it's messed up and MRI tomorrow. I'm hoping it's just still healing. I can do bench press and hammer machines ok but still very light. Super bummed about this whole process and pray it's not torn.

Last edited:
Don't train that arm for two weeks.... I would take 800mg ibprofrin a day for that time... I'd use tb500 and curcumin as well for anti inflammatory... After two weeks off that arm, do half your normal workout w VERY light weights... This is NOT the time for ego, I mean like cable tri press like 60lb and curls w 15lbs... Stop like 3-4 reps short of failure... All your trying to so is bring blood into the area... Do that about 2 weeks on that arm... Train the opposite side heavy like you normally would... After two weeks goto your full training number of sets, hut continue using the pussy weights... Two weeks later, go up to like 60% of your normal weights... Two weeks later, full weights... If u feel it tweak as u get heavier, it SUCKS but u have to go back to just getting blood in... If u try to work thru it or eat pain killers to mask it, u will just prolong the healing of the micro tears... That same injury on both sides made me stop bodybuilding for a year almost... Its came back a little here and there and this is how I deal w it... Good luck bro

Lots of reverse wrist curls with light weight, ice/hot treatment, lots of stretching.

Yes, allex reminded me... Stretching it is important... The stretches the were best for me were done when standing beside a table... Switch between putting ur palm and the back of yiur hand on the table and use your body weight to really get into stretch both frontwards and backwards.... Also w a light hammer u stabilize that arm at the forearm then just using yiur wrist slowly make the hammer go up and down like you are hammering but very slowly, again only your wrist moves... Also, fill a pot w rice... Stick your hand in it and lightly squeeze as well as make your fingers spread all the way...

Same thing happened to me.Its been 9 months postOP.I was getting Kenalog injections to ease the pain,but the tricep ruptured. I figured it was damage from years of powerlifting and benching heavy.:(

Same thing happened to me.Its been 9 months postOP.I was getting Kenalog injections to ease the pain,but the tricep ruptured. I figured it was damage from years of powerlifting and benching heavy.:(

How is your recovery at 9 months post op? I'm 4 and really struggling and getting depressed. I went to see a different surgeon and he thinks something is wrong and I should be much stronger at this point. I mean I can't even do a single arm tricep press down with 10 lbs on the stack and only dumbell pressing the 35s and cant even get my bad arm to full extension. My original doctor said everything is fine and it takes about a year to fully recover. Shit just doesn't feel right at this stage. I don't know if this is normal at this stage or what. If I have to go through surgery again I'm gonna lose it! Getting an MRI tomorrow.

ok im gonna treat this like i have tennis elbow first and see how that goes, how do i go about fixing this issue? this pertains to my right elbow

if i turn my palm upwards, the left bone in my elbow hurts to the touch even. pull ups are out of the questions just hanging there hurts my left side of elbow and shots a sharp pain up my arm into my tricep...im guessing this is the begin beginning stages of tennis elbow. any experience or advice appreciated.

yes, sounds like tendinitis. Common treatment is RICE Therapy like a sprain. Rest, Ice (when not working out), Compression (and heat for when working out, the heat keeps it loose and the compression helps with pain and function. NSAID's like motrin will help and take down swelling. TB500 and BPC 157 peptides have been know to help the healing process. Obviously, time off will help it heal faster but who has time for that. lol

Last edited:
yes, sounds like tendinitis. Common treatment is RICE Therapy like a sprain. Rest, Ice (when not working out), Compression (and heat for when working out, the heat keeps it loose and the compression helps with pain and function. NSAID's like motrin will help and take down swelling. TB500 and BPC 157 peptides have been know to help the healing process. Obviously, time off will help it heal faster but who has time for that. lol

I had the same thing a while back and it lasted for about 10-12 weeks. I couldn't even train my arms it bothered me so much. I used NSAIDS, some ice and a TENS unit and its back to 100% now.

Just try the supp I told you about and see what happens. I took 3 weeks off upper body and took a lot of NSAIDS and the pain came right back... took the curcumin and it was like magic...

What do you have to lose?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity