over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gda

I used to like need2slin back in the day but need2 kept increasing the price to a level that i felt was too much. I take metformin at night for general health/longevity. Cinnamon, chromium and forksolin are effective and cheap.

https://masupps.com/product/insuligen/
Is a good one. I honestly just use it more sporadically like before big carb meals maybe a post workout on lift days but use berberine 500mg with 3 meals a day everyday.

Chaos and Pain Predator is excellent. If you sign up for the newsletter there are almost weekly sales, a lot of the time you can get two bottles bogo, with a 20-40% discount as well. CNP also has a great joint formula, fruit and greens formula and all sorts of preworkouts.

I've just started using this one myself, so far I'm liking it.

I take it with my post workout meal and also my last meal of the day. Only a few days in but definitely looking a little fuller than usual and appetite is more consistent.

https://masupps.com/product/insuligen/
Is a good one. I honestly just use it more sporadically like before big carb meals maybe a post workout on lift days but use berberine 500mg with 3 meals a day everyday.

I take it with my post workout meal and also my last meal of the day. Only a few days in but definitely looking a little fuller than usual and appetite is more consistent.

Just started Mike Arnold's one as well. I like it so far.
I always have Berberine on hand too. 1000mg before bed to restore insulin sensitivity works well for me.

Under what circumstances do you guys implement GDAs?

Sent from my BV6800Pro using Tapatalk

I bought this too. Honestly, it's probably one of the best on the market...if not the best

At the moment I am using Slin RX by musclerage. I don't use it much at the moment. I had a serving post workout today before a massive bowl of cereal. I will probably carry on doing the same for the next few weeks.

qx14ci.jpg

At the moment I am using Slin RX by musclerage. I don't use it much at the moment. I had a serving post workout today before a massive bowl of cereal. I will probably carry on doing the same for the next few weeks.

qx14ci.jpg
Maybe I'm missing something but postworkout seems like the worst time to take a gda. You're eating a post workout meal to restore glycogen and shuttle nutrients to your muscles, so why take something to counteract the process. Probably be better off just saving it for another time. Taking a gda on refeed day also seems counterproductive to what you're trying to accomplish with a refeed.

Maybe I'm missing something but postworkout seems like the worst time to take a gda. You're eating a post workout meal to restore glycogen and shuttle nutrients to your muscles, so why take something to counteract the process. Probably be better off just saving it for another time. Taking a gda on refeed day also seems counterproductive to what you're trying to accomplish with a refeed.

I don't have refeed days. I like taking them with my largest carb meal. It honestly makes little difference and people over complicate this stuff. I consume aminos and carbs during training and the postworkout cereal meal I have is about 150-200g carbs so I don't have to worry about glycogen storage. I usually have another meal of 100g carbs within a few hours of that as well. Glycogen is not a worry for me at this time.

Last edited:
anyone heard the theory that gdas also shuttle fat? in areas such as hips etc ?

any merit to this ?

think matt porter and eugene teo stated it somewhere too

I don't have refeed days. I like taking them with my largest carb meal. It honestly makes little difference and people over complicate this stuff. I consume aminos and carbs during training and the postworkout cereal meal I have is about 150-200g carbs so I don't have to worry about glycogen storage. I usually have another meal of 100g carbs within a few hours of that as well. Glycogen is not a worry for me at this time.

Probably better to have the gda. With your 100g carb meal then.

isn't the best possible time for your body to uptake carbs postworkout? if body is primed I didn't think there would be a need to waste a GDA dose there? any other meal yes.

isn't the best possible time for your body to uptake carbs postworkout? if body is primed I didn't think there would be a need to waste a GDA dose there? any other meal yes.

Yes post workout your slin sensitivity should be up and most are likely depleted so their bodies are primed to take in carbs (and protein). Although most aren't taking in approx 3-500g carbs in the 2-3 hours post workout like me. Guys should just do what they think is best. I am quite simple in my approach and take in a GDA when I eat the most carbs. Othertimes I have taken them throughout the day. There is no wrong way imo. Well there is taking them in with no carbs is not good unless you like going hypo.

Last edited:
MOST of the GDA's on the market have some sort of insulin sensitizer in there...ie. Berberine or similar ingredients. THOSE are the ones that should be taken 3+ hours before or after your workout. Insulin sensitizers are responsible for decreasing inflammation (usually good but not around your workout) as well as stimulating AMPk. Obviously some people think the AMPk thing is overblown and it probably is if you're a genetic freak. But for the rest of us messing with the sups for that 1 or 2%, it's better to use the sensitizing GDA's before bed, maybe first thing in the morning, around cardio, etc.

The interesting ones that CAN be used around your workout and facilitate glucose uptake are ALA and Gymnema Extract. I know Mike Arnold uses basically the best gymnema on the market for his insulin secretagogue GDA.

MOST of the GDA's on the market have some sort of insulin sensitizer in there...ie. Berberine or similar ingredients. THOSE are the ones that should be taken 3+ hours before or after your workout. Insulin sensitizers are responsible for decreasing inflammation (usually good but not around your workout) as well as stimulating AMPk. Obviously some people think the AMPk thing is overblown and it probably is if you're a genetic freak. But for the rest of us messing with the sups for that 1 or 2%, it's better to use the sensitizing GDA's before bed, maybe first thing in the morning, around cardio, etc.

The interesting ones that CAN be used around your workout and facilitate glucose uptake are ALA and Gymnema Extract. I know Mike Arnold uses basically the best gymnema on the market for his insulin secretagogue GDA.

Good post. Berberine is suppose to be a very good anti-inflammatory as well. My GDA's contains a mixture of things so will have it's pro's and con's. Although as I posted above I don't think it's gonna make that much difference at the end of the day. Sure I get everybodies point and you want to keep training induced inflammation high. Although it's worth noting training and inflammation can go either way depending upon the type, duration and intensity of training. Plus it's not like I use it after every training day. I like to experiment and I am literally using it for 3 weeks max.

Most of the time I use GDA's before my first and last meals and maybe somewhere in the middle too. Right now I am having very few carbs first meal and I just started metformin pre bed. I don't like to overdo metformin and when I use it usually stick to 500mg pre bed. It's like last time this subject came up I mentioned I was using a GDA pre workout and I had a guy mention how I can't do that as it lowers MPS. I was well aware of the possible effects on AMPk and MPS. But training also stimulates MPS as does the large amount of aminos I take in pre/intra workout. So I think there should be no conclusive right/wrong answer with any of this. Again it was just me trying new things and seeing for myself. Although I have used them pre workout quite a few times now. The pumps alone are worth it for me but everyone is different.

It's one area I have researched a fair bit so I am aware of everything being posted. GDA's are actually considered rubbish by many people and known as a bullshit supplement in many ways. Lot's of people go on about inconclusive data and how they don't work in healthy individuals. It's complete nonsense to anyone (or most) who has used them but still quite interesting that most of the data is negative. Supp companies have definitely jumped on them though and every one has or is bringing out their own GDA product now. I have used GDA's on/off for a long time now and I feel they can be very useful... definitely more than 1 or 2%... maybe 4-5% :D

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws