over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

cutting with insulin

petegriffin

Registered
I've tried insulin in the past and it's always put weight on me and after a while it would make me look like a bloated mess lol. But that was taking it twice per day and I would go up to around 10iu per injection along with my hgh.
So this time I decided to cut a bit of weight and wanted to stay fuller so I decided to try taking 2iu of hgh upon waking and 20 min later taking 5iu of humulin R followed by breakfast 10 minutes later. I've gotta say, its working great. I'm losing a pound per week and staying full and pumped most of the day. I also take 2 more ius of hgh before bed. Anyone else try something similar?

My last show i tried something similar and it worked pretty good, used slin until 2 weeks out, but didn't used in the morning, but postworkout , works great for me with hgh pre.

I used 5iu of Log preWO all through my prep....still got lean as hell.

Slin can definitely be used on a cut, but it just has to be used at the right times.
Simple as that.

About to start dieting down with slin here soon for the first time, really no fear of hypo for me with HumR

About to start dieting down with slin here soon for the first time, really no fear of hypo for me with HumR

I know its very subjective but if you have LOG I'd use Log over HumR as far as dieting purposes go. HumR is just in your system so damn long and log is in and out...at least for me, that meant more time burning fat. I noticed leaning out faster once I switched to log, and log only PreWO.

I totally get that log is harder to get than HumR though. I think its good to do experiments and see what works best for you.

I was doing 2iu gh morning pre workout and post workout with 10 iu of slin. Worked really good but then I changed my slin to preworkout with the same 2iu and really noticed a big difference in recovery. I was getting leaner faster with slin post workout but could also have to do with the extra 100g of carbs I have Intra. I would like to try slin with gh 2-3 times a day but for now I’m sticking to insulin once a day

10iu 2-3x a week worked for me. ALWAYS preworkout. Used humilin r about 1-1.5 hrs pre workout.
-F2S

I know its very subjective but if you have LOG I'd use Log over HumR as far as dieting purposes go. HumR is just in your system so damn long and log is in and out...at least for me, that meant more time burning fat. I noticed leaning out faster once I switched to log, and log only PreWO.

I totally get that log is harder to get than HumR though. I think its good to do experiments and see what works best for you.

First time dieting with slin so I'm sticking with R, the only thing to fear with slin is onset time and log is quick, dont pay attention for 15 minutes and you could be in trouble.

But I do agree, I wont be able to get super lean with R as compared to Log.

I'm new to this board just wanna chime In. Iv used slin a few good cycles. First time was post workout 10iu with my post workout shake then a meal hour later. I gained a ton of size with some fat. 250lbs heavy couldn't breath. So I dropped that. Went through a good cut got lean around 220lb then decided to try slin pre workout. Loved it amazing pumps! got to 12iu. Took in 50 grams of karoblyn during and a post workout shake with carbs after. I stayed leanish... but not like I wanted it was alot harder to keep lean. I uped the cardio and zoned in on my diet and dropped my intro carbs to around 40grams. Felt good looked good but I still was holding water and not as tight as I wanted so I dropped it. Still have it in case i wanna bulk up in the future. I was r. Super cheap at Walmart.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm new to this board just wanna chime In. Iv used slin a few good cycles. First time was post workout 10iu with my post workout shake then a meal hour later. I gained a ton of size with some fat. 250lbs heavy couldn't breath. So I dropped that. Went through a good cut got lean around 220lb then decided to try slin pre workout. Loved it amazing pumps! got to 12iu. Took in 50 grams of karoblyn during and a post workout shake with carbs after. I stayed leanish... but not like I wanted it was alot harder to keep lean. I uped the cardio and zoned in on my diet and dropped my intro carbs to around 40grams. Felt good looked good but I still was holding water and not as tight as I wanted so I dropped it. Still have it in case i wanna bulk up in the future. I was r. Super cheap at Walmart.

do you think you would have stayed leaner had you very slowly bumped up your insulin dose (as well as carb intake during/post-workout)?

Subbed as well! I've thought about doing a cut using SLIN and adding some Injectable L-Carnitine. I read or I heard on a podcast that as far as timing goes taking humulin-r IM and LOG sub-q are almost identical. Source is Skip Hill. I can link the video, but I'll be giving it a go. I don't want to hijack the thread but if anyone has any other info about Humulin-R IM vs LOG sub-q, I'd love to hear it.

Subbed as well! I've thought about doing a cut using SLIN and adding some Injectable L-Carnitine. I read or I heard on a podcast that as far as timing goes taking humulin-r IM and LOG sub-q are almost identical. Source is Skip Hill. I can link the video, but I'll be giving it a go. I don't want to hijack the thread but if anyone has any other info about Humulin-R IM vs LOG sub-q, I'd love to hear it.

yes, i listened to that podcast as well where skip said that taking hum r IM is extremely similar to taking humalog SQ.

I've never used insulin, but do any of you guys who have used both agree with Skip's statement here?

do you think you would have stayed leaner had you very slowly bumped up your insulin dose (as well as carb intake during/post-workout)?
Possibly I started at 2iu and uped it everyday. Which I would no recommend unless you have experience with it. Always keep a bag of gummy bears on hand when I run slin. Iv seen really lean ppl running slin and they usually still have a layer of water on them.

yes, i listened to that podcast as well where skip said that taking hum r IM is extremely similar to taking humalog SQ.

I've never used insulin, but do any of you guys who have used both agree with Skip's statement here?

My wife is a type 1. Not true lol. I’ve used insulin.. just use humalog. Easier to control.

Iv never heard of ppl using it to cut

I'm just using it in the morning before my big breakfast. It helps me stay full while I'm on this mini diet and it gives me more stamina in the gym. Also helps to give the pancreas a bit of a break..

Can someone explain how insulin helps you cut?

It doesn't, it's only another anabolic tool in the toolbox so to speak. But at the same time it also doesn't negate fat loss (as long as you are in caloric deficit) like some people would have you believe.

I dont mean to come off as Captain Obvious but there is a distinction with using insulin as a tool to get cut vs. using it as an aid in recovery while cutting.

To use Insulin to cut you can use a few iu to help push you into ketosis faster. This helps quickly transition one from burning carbs as main source of fuel to using keto/fat more quickly.

What most guys here are describing is using insulin as a means to drive nutrients into deplete muscles to aid in recovery and possible prevent some muscle loss while dieting. If your an endomorph, not lean and and dont have access to humlog (humlin r stays active way too long blunting fat loss for hours) then it's best to leave this alone during dieting phases.

Only way I use sin during a cut (I hate slin) is 2iu with 600mg of L-carnitine pre fasted cardio

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear