over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Building Muscle During Contest Prep

GDADDYG8

Registered
Every time I get closer to a contest I feel like I am building muscle. Had the same coach last 3 shows and he says the same thing. Doesn’t make any sense. I eat a ton and train super hard during the off-season so it’s not like I am not putting in the effort.

When you are that depleted I feel like you can really tax the muscle in it’s weakend state causing a huge stimulus compared to when it’s full and cushioned with water and glycogen. The actual fibers are less protected.

Combine this with all gear (tren, winstrol, anavar, Masteron) and high protein it seems like I can grow.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Interested to hear your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not experienced in the whole competition aspect of this sport with the exception of the few national competitors I know and what I know from passing conversion but I think growing into a show is definitely possible...

Isn’t that what guys used to do back in the day?

Now if you’re asking if you’re putting on muscle while coming down from say 250 to compete at 220 (just making an example idk what you compete at) I don’t know how that correlates because how can you not attribute it to just a good offseason seeing the improvements when you’re getting lean?

It also helps that (for me at least) you can train harder when you don't have all that food to digest. That does seem to take away a lot of energy.

I’m not experienced in the whole competition aspect of this sport with the exception of the few national competitors I know and what I know from passing conversion but I think growing into a show is definitely possible...

Isn’t that what guys used to do back in the day?

Now if you’re asking if you’re putting on muscle while coming down from say 250 to compete at 220 (just making an example idk what you compete at) I don’t know how that correlates because how can you not attribute it to just a good offseason seeing the improvements when you’re getting lean?

That is a fair question. I guess it is hard to tell if it’s new muscle or just seeing the muscle hidden under the fat. Good point.

It also helps that (for me at least) you can train harder when you don't have all that food to digest. That does seem to take away a lot of energy.

I agree 100% my mobility and overall endurance is greater without all the extra food and water in my body. Plus the extra cardio helps with endurance.

Every time I get closer to a contest I feel like I am building muscle. Had the same coach last 3 shows and he says the same thing. Doesn’t make any sense. I eat a ton and train super hard during the off-season so it’s not like I am not putting in the effort.

When you are that depleted I feel like you can really tax the muscle in it’s weakend state causing a huge stimulus compared to when it’s full and cushioned with water and glycogen. The actual fibers are less protected.

Combine this with all gear (tren, winstrol, anavar, Masteron) and high protein it seems like I can grow.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Interested to hear your thoughts.

I think with high enough protein and the right protocol you absolutely can gain muscle mass pre contest. I hate to be the guy saying i think i read something somewhere- but im positive ive read somewhere before or read a log of someone with documentation of gaining lean body mass on a deficit using a sensible base of test and frankly alot of Tren. I haven't been able to find it specifically so Ill keep looking but if anyone else knows im paying attention.

I think most guys that compete do. They take moderate doses in the off season and blast during prep. Some really push the tren, test, lots of orals, gh, and slin. I don't know Aj's slin protocol, but I think he pushes the slin heavy on refeed day. I could totally be wrong, but just my opinion on it. I don't know near enough to mess with slin. Maybe someone can chime in that has done this with success!

2-4 weeks out, they will start dropping the gh and slin, depending on how much water there holding. Again, this is how I think most do it.

Pre contest eating high protein and more nutrient dense food and you have better nutrient partioning.

Exactly this, I think the body becomes way more efficient at using and partitioning nutrients, making at least about the first 8 weeks of prep for me a time when I'm still growing.

Pre contest eating high protein and more nutrient dense food and you have better nutrient partioning.

There’s never been a prep that I haven’t grown into. If you’re doing it right you should always grow into a show for several of the above mentioned reasons. Better food, better quality, more dedication to getting meals, increased insulin sensitivity/partitioning, more cardio, more blood/nutrient transport, etc

Why couldnt/wouldnt you grow into a show? Drugs are all time high:lightbulb: if you know how to eat right it not hard at all.
-F2S

If someone is a moderate offseason user, then saves prep to use heavier, it would completely make sense. That paired with the better digestion as mentioned above. The entire system seems to run better when it's not stressed out from excessive eating.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity