YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can anyone recommend a Hemoglobin Test Meter Kit?

Kevin666

Registered
Does anyone have a Hemoglobin test meter that has proven itself to be accurate compared to bloodwork or red cross?

I realize it fluctuates, but I thought maybe some people have one and have checked their levels right before they donated or did bloodwork to check accuracy.

I'm thinking about buying one b/c I have to watch it so closely and I'm actually now taking less than my prescribed TRT dose to control it. It would be nice to check it at home like BP or blood sugar.

Thanks

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but for most people on TRT the concern would be elevated hematocrit, in which case you use a centrifuge to get an accurate reading... I had one that was under 200 from some lab supply. If i remember right you have to draw enough blood to fill 2 tubes to balance the thing, and it is sorta noisy (don't put on edge of table!) You will have to know how to pull your own blood--you will need more than what a thumbprick would give (unless there is some new tech that I don't know of). With self ordered lab tests now available, I don't much see the point of going through all this hassle.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but for most people on TRT the concern would be elevated hematocrit, in which case you use a centrifuge to get an accurate reading... I had one that was under 200 from some lab supply. If i remember right you have to draw enough blood to fill 2 tubes to balance the thing, and it is sorta noisy (don't put on edge of table!) You will have to know how to pull your own blood--you will need more than what a thumbprick would give (unless there is some new tech that I don't know of). With self ordered lab tests now available, I don't much see the point of going through all this hassle.

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I'm trying to extrapolate a hematocrit reading from the hemoglobin reading.

It appears Amazon sells the exact same one I see the red cross uses to check hemoglobin. It's a finger stick, but it's like $500 so I was curious if anyone out there used them or something similar.

I understand what you are saying about self ordered tests, but I was thinking about checking more on a weekly basis to monitor it closely.

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I'm trying to extrapolate a hematocrit reading from the hemoglobin reading.

It appears Amazon sells the exact same one I see the red cross uses to check hemoglobin. It's a finger stick, but it's like $500 so I was curious if anyone out there used them or something similar.

I understand what you are saying about self ordered tests, but I was thinking about checking more on a weekly basis to monitor it closely.

Weekly basis? who does that ? It serves no purpose , unless you’re on EPO; there’s no reason to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legit TRT for 14 years.

I have to watch it closely without crashing ferritin.

I bought one more than 11 years ago online. I monitored my hemoglobin up to the point I had my heart attack!

The brand I bought was Hgb Pro.https://medfirstonline.com/item_details.cfm?ItemID=2510&Product_Group=Hematology

I cant remember how much I paid, but I am thinking it was about $350 to $400. Its been more than 11 years now.

Now I am on coumadin for life and just have the hematologist's office test my hemoglobin every 2 months along with my INR. My hematologist wants my hemoglobin at 15 or lower. I get phlebotomies done if it is over 15. For someone like you that hasn't had a clot, you could probably go a big higher and be ok, but steroids do increase clotting risk. I had a clot that nearly killed me.

Monitoring hemoglobin would be a smart thing to do. I used to test mine once every 2 weeks.

I bought one more than 11 years ago online. I monitored my hemoglobin up to the point I had my heart attack!

The brand I bought was Hgb Pro.https://medfirstonline.com/item_details.cfm?ItemID=2510&Product_Group=Hematology

I cant remember how much I paid, but I am thinking it was about $350 to $400. Its been more than 11 years now.

Now I am on coumadin for life and just have the hematologist's office test my hemoglobin every 2 months along with my INR. My hematologist wants my hemoglobin at 15 or lower. I get phlebotomies done if it is over 15. For someone like you that hasn't had a clot, you could probably go a big higher and be ok, but steroids do increase clotting risk. I had a clot that nearly killed me.

Monitoring hemoglobin would be a smart thing to do. I used to test mine once every 2 weeks.

Thanks for the recommendation.

That's what I want to do ... have a number and that's the number I donate at. I would prefer to test it when I want instead of repeatedly going to the red cross to see what the number is. They're not too thrilled when you go through the whole process they test and I say "ya, my hemoglobin isn't the level that I want to donate at".

I just want to be able to check it when I can. Thanks for the link, I will check it out more after work.

I had been searching for one but didn't have any luck. But if they are that expensive I won't search any further. Rather get blood pulled independently through privatemdlabs a few times a year.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws