Pericardial effusion

pimpman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Sponsors
I had a CT scan done today to see if I kidney stone and the Dr said I had a little bit of fluid around the heart. They call it pericardial effusion. Does anyone know what causes this. Should I see a cardiologist. Also I had a little cysts in the liver. This was done in the er

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So that means you have fluid that is inside the pericardia sac that surrounds the heart and that puts pressure on it. Causes I don't know much about other than some kind of infection, but looks like there can be lots of causes

"Causes
Pericardial effusion is caused by pericarditis which is an inflammation of the heart's pericardium due to injury or diseases leading to accumulation of fluid in the pericardium.
Viral infections are the main causes of inflammation. They include:
Cytomegalovirus
Coxsackieviruses
Echoviruses
HIV
Other medical conditions that may lead to pericardial effusion include:
Cancer
Injury to the pericardium from a medical procedure
Heart attack
Severe kidney failure
Autoimmune disease such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis
Bacterial infections such as tuberculosis
In some cases the causes of pericardial effusion are not known and these are known as idiopathic pericardial effusions "

It mentions kidney failure, but doubt you have that. I would get that checked out though, nothing to wave off and forget about.

https://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/guide/pericardial-effusion#1

Last edited:
Thank brother I'm make an appointment with cardiologist

Thank brother I'm make an appointment with cardiologist

Good. If something is wrong you want to catch it early on not later on. MIght avoid damage done. Did they try to estimate how severe the amount of fluid in there was?

The pericardial sac I have cut through quite a few times doing autopsies and in gross anatomy. It is a thin fibrous sac that goes around the heart and naturally has a small amount of fluid in there to lubricate. The sac helps protect the heart. Id say that you need to try and figure out what has caused that fluid buildup. Do you have any heart problem symptoms?

Last edited:
No in the er they said the CT doesn't show how much it just shows fluid there. I never had any heart problems. And my family either. My dad did die of cancer and his brother did too. I have had CT done a bunch of times. Actually last one was a few month ago in the er too but they never mentioned anything about the heart everything looked good. So what ever caused it had to have been within the last few months. Hopefully it one of those cases that they say cause is not known and it goes away on its own. I don't think the gear use has to do with it.

And the small cysts in the liver the Dr said not too much to worry about she was more concerned in me getting the heart thing looked at

Well, what you say there sounds good. Were you sick with some kind of virus maybe? Just wondering if you were sick with something and remember that.

Most CT scans will show a little bit. Unless they gave a measurment or said moderate or large pericardial effusion I wouldnt worry.

if your concerned get a copy of ur scan and post the images of your heart and PM me to let me know.

Get an ECHO. If you’re not symptomatic then it’ll most likely be minimal effusion in which case there’s no intervention necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, what you say there sounds good. Were you sick with some kind of virus maybe? Just wondering if you were sick with something and remember that.
Well actually yes Monday night I had dinner and went to bed. I woke up easily over 15 times to go to the bathroom with diarrhea purr water coming out that lasted till almost wendsday. I thought it was the chicken that I ate that was bad. But my wife and my son ate the same and they where fine. So I think I must of gotten a virus. Then Thursday (yesterday) was when I was in the er for a pain I had which they said it was a kidney stone. That's when they did the ct

Most CT scans will show a little bit. Unless they gave a measurment or said moderate or large pericardial effusion I wouldnt worry.

if your concerned get a copy of ur scan and post the images of your heart and PM me to let me know.
They gave me a copy but it's just the reading one not the image. It's says

findings
LUNG BASES:
The lung bases are clear. Small pericardial effusion
LIVER:
the calcified granuloma in left lobe of the liver. Normal size and morphology
SPLEEN:
the normal size and morphology
GALLBLADDER /BILE DUCKS :
the decompressed
ADRENALS:
normal
PANCREAS :
Unremarkable
KIDNEY /URETERS :
normal enhancement of the kidney. No hydronephrosis. No ureteral stones
AORTA/IVC/RETROPERITONEUM:
the no abdominal aortic aneurysm or dissection
BOWEL/MESENTERY/PERITONEUM/ABDOMINAL WALL:
no mechanical bowl obstruction. Sub total colectomy with rectal anastomoses. There is a right abdominal end-to-side small bowel anastomoses. No free fluid
PELVIS:
the prostate measures 5.0 cm
ADDITIONAL FINDINGS:
Normal osseous structures.

I had surgery for diverticulitis done so that's why it reads the part of the colectomy

Is the prostate measures 5.0 cm good? I ask because I'm on masterone.

Well actually yes Monday night I had dinner and went to bed. I woke up easily over 15 times to go to the bathroom with diarrhea purr water coming out that lasted till almost wendsday. I thought it was the chicken that I ate that was bad. But my wife and my son ate the same and they where fine. So I think I must of gotten a virus. Then Thursday (yesterday) was when I was in the er for a pain I had which they said it was a kidney stone. That's when they did the ct

Did you have a fever?

Did you have a fever?
No fever. just the runs and body aches like when get when you have the flu

Last edited:
No fever. just the runs and body aches like when get when you have the flu

Be sure to tell the cardiologist everything you can. It might end up being idiopathic in nature, where they cant tell what caused it but you just don't know. I don't know if you want to tell him about your performance enhancer use, but it is probably relevant.

When did you have surgery for diverticulitis man? I had a hemicolectomy for that reason in Jan of 18...can’t wear my powerlifting belt tight anymore...only side effect I had

When did you have surgery for diverticulitis man? I had a hemicolectomy for that reason in Jan of 18...can’t wear my powerlifting belt tight anymore...only side effect I had
Bro around 20 month ago

I wouldnt worry about the pericardial effusion much. You can ask them for a copy of your images and ill take a look. ive seen ppl call normal pericardial fluid an "effusion" but who knows maybe it is a small one and its legit.

your prostate is big. I generally call it when its above 4cm transverse as mildly enlarged and 5cm its definitely enlarged by body imaging ct standards. Get that down as it can cause bladder and renal issues if prolonged.

oh and i wonder what voice dictation software they are using where they have the word " duck" in it and not bile DUCT lol

I wouldnt worry about the pericardial effusion much. You can ask them for a copy of your images and ill take a look. ive seen ppl call normal pericardial fluid an "effusion" but who knows maybe it is a small one and its legit.

your prostate is big. I generally call it when its above 4cm transverse as mildly enlarged and 5cm its definitely enlarged by body imaging ct standards. Get that down as it can cause bladder and renal issues if prolonged.
I tried to pm you but your box is full

oh and i wonder what voice dictation software they are using where they have the word " duck" in it and not bile DUCT lol
Lmao oops

how many cm is a normal prostate size? I'm guessing it must be the masterone that enlarge it. I'm only using test mast and just added var 2 weeks ago

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner