over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ideal testosterone level

DK0223

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
With the recent TRT threads (including my own) it got me wondering....what’s an ideal level(s) for muscle building/fat loss and overall optimal health? My doc wants me at 700 total T. Most recent set of labs I was 918, but that was too high in his opinion. For those wondering I started at 100mg/wk which had me at 1043 then most recently 80mg/wk had me at 918. Now he has me at 50mg/wk with the goal of 700. 50mg a week sounds so low to me, but I guess if the numbers are there it doesn’t matter 🤷🏻‍♂️

Everyone is unique and will respond to different amounts of said drugs.

I wanna get to Dallas McCarver levels one day. Just to see what it feels like.

Minus the death part tho.
That would totally suck.

Hearing “everyone is different” is kinda annoying considering the vast majority of people respond somewhat the same to drugs via studies before being able to make it available for human use... Yes you’ll have some guys who need 400mg a week to get them to 800 Total T and some guys 100mg but those 400mg guys are the 1%...

That being said, the range is usually 250-1100 with most doctors agreeing that 300 is already hypogonadism...

From what I’ve looked up, healthy and optimal 18(ish) year olds are around 900-1000... I see no problem with your 918 score or even your 1043 score..

I’m also not a doctor but I know doctors don’t want you at super optimal, genetically gifted 18 year old levels. They want normal 30-35 year old levels lol..

The only thing I can see of any worry at a 1000 level would be Hematocrit/ Hemoglobin and perhaps platelets.. Which would be monitored anyway by a TRT doc (it is for me, I got my script today FINALLY :headbang:) and shouldn’t even be much of an issue anyway if using TRT responsibly and doing everything needed for health...

You didn't mention your age, but I'm assuming if you are on TRT, you are over 40. As already mentioned, testosterone levels can fluctuate, thus the wide variance in average test levels for men. For example...a man in the 40-49 age group can have a average level of 252-916ng/dL total testosterone. So if you fall within this age group, your levels are totally acceptable on your current TRT doses.
GD

I believe OP said he was 30 years old in his last thread...

That being said I’m almost 29 and I just got my script for TRT... You don’t need to be over 40 to be on TRT..

Yes I’m 30 years old

@NEMSZ my doctor mentioned that he was concerned about possible clotting issues if my levels were on the top end. That’s what I gathered at least

Yes I’m 30 years old

@NEMSZ my doctor mentioned that he was concerned about possible clotting issues if my levels were on the top end. That’s what I gathered at least

Yea I imagine, but I don’t think you’ll have a problem as long as Hemo/Crit and Platelets are all in range and given you don’t have some type of genetic clotting disorder... But even then, Maldorf has a genetic clotting disorder and still gets scripted 100mg a week and I believe he says that has him between 800-900...

Not saying you can 100% go by his experience but it can give you an idea that it might not be so dangerous if you’re a healthy 30 year old with no previous/genetic issues and everything is in range...

Yea I imagine, but I don’t think you’ll have a problem as long as Hemo/Crit and Platelets are all in range and given you don’t have some type of genetic clotting disorder... But even then, Maldorf has a genetic clotting disorder and still gets scripted 100mg a week and I believe he says that has him between 800-900...

Not saying you can 100% go by his experience but it can give you an idea that it might not be so dangerous if you’re a healthy 30 year old with no previous/genetic issues and everything is in range...

Yea all those were in range. I’m definitely not trying to outsmart my doctor, just curious to hear some other opinions or experiences on/with ideal test levels, and what doses got them to that point

If no one has watched Dr. Scott Stevenson's talk about gear usage/HGH and how everyone is completely different they should. Yes, test levels MAY be different depending on dosage but look at a gym bro and then an amateur BBer.

I know a TON of gym rats on several grams, still a clean diet, and look like shit. There is so much individual variance on this stuff and Scott gets into the weeds with it. Highly suggest listening to it, pretty sure its on JM's website.

you put too much emphasis on test levels.
see here.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1186/s40842-017-0050-3

these are elite level athletes who have test levels at normal and what, over 20 percent of males had hypogonadic levels.
and they operate at elite levels of performance.
i know a guy who tested hypogonadic at 6'1, 260 with huge muscles, while i know lots of guys on a gram plus who arent nearly as muscular.
cmon man. 600, 800, 900....who cares? its all gonna be the same result.
you got ocd perhaps?

you put too much emphasis on test levels.
see here.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1186/s40842-017-0050-3

these are elite level athletes who have test levels at normal and what, over 20 percent of males had hypogonadic levels.
and they operate at elite levels of performance.
i know a guy who tested hypogonadic at 6'1, 260 with huge muscles, while i know lots of guys on a gram plus who arent nearly as muscular.
cmon man. 600, 800, 900....who cares? its all gonna be the same result.
you got ocd perhaps?

Maybe just a tiny bit lol. Good points you made tho

If your test level is 600 vs 1000 you WILL feel a difference. But who cares how much test it takes to get you at ideal level? If 50mg/wk gets you to ideal level, then GREAT!

Doctors don`t want you pushing that upper limit because it risks liability on them. IF rare chance you had blood clot, cardiac event, anything, and your test was showing over top of range for extended periods or even pushing it, his ass/license are up for a beating. Any smart dr is not risking their license for anybody to be 200 pts higher on test. I also feel total test at 1000 is totally safe given blood is monitored.

If your test level is 600 vs 1000 you WILL feel a difference. But who cares how much test it takes to get you at ideal level? If 50mg/wk gets you to ideal level, then GREAT!

Doctors don`t want you pushing that upper limit because it risks liability on them. IF rare chance you had blood clot, cardiac event, anything, and your test was showing over top of range for extended periods or even pushing it, his ass/license are up for a beating. Any smart dr is not risking their license for anybody to be 200 pts higher on test. I also feel total test at 1000 is totally safe given blood is monitored.

I just wanna be at an ideal level for muscle growth, fat loss and overall health. We all know just bc you’re “in range” doesn’t mean you’re at an ideal range for said things to happen

I just wanna be at an ideal level for muscle growth, fat loss and overall health. We all know just bc you’re “in range” doesn’t mean you’re at an ideal range for said things to happen

ideal range for Muscle growth and overall health are certainly different things. If you mean the most muscle growth while remaining healthy, I feel 800-1100 is fairly safe if watching RBC/HCT. But the dr may/may not be well versed on subject and also sees things through lens of liability. Testosterone is a black label Rx.

seriously ..am i the only one that feels waaay betta on more TEST??

I wanna get to Dallas McCarver levels one day. Just to see what it feels like.

Minus the death part tho.
That would totally suck.

I probably wont read the rest of this post but you are sort of a dick. What you said just seemed sad and mean.

With the recent TRT threads (including my own) it got me wondering....what’s an ideal level(s) for muscle building/fat loss and overall optimal health? My doc wants me at 700 total T. Most recent set of labs I was 918, but that was too high in his opinion. For those wondering I started at 100mg/wk which had me at 1043 then most recently 80mg/wk had me at 918. Now he has me at 50mg/wk with the goal of 700. 50mg a week sounds so low to me, but I guess if the numbers are there it doesn’t matter 🤷🏻‍♂️

Is that 700 a trough level? Because if it is, then you are higher than 700 ng/dL most of the time. So that's a pretty good protocol.

Ideal testosterone level will resolve symptoms while preventing symptoms like high BP, high hematocrit, limiting high E2, and decreases in HDL.

This level will be different for everyone because we all have genetic differences in testosterone metabolism, androgen receptor sensitivity (linked to CAG repeats), aromatase levels and sensitivity to lipid/hematocrit responses.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws