over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Plant Isolate or Egg?

FITABOLICREP

Banned
Seems like more and more people are switching to plant protein. Pea Hemp Rice etc. What do you guys think? Whey is just bloating me. I use the Allmax isolate and still bloating. May try out egg or just dive into plant.

Had the same problem plus diarrhea, switched to egg and no more issues

DCs all day formula on truenutrition.com is great...its Egg white/pea protein

I've been using isolate with no lactose or plant protein and haven't had issues. I prefer the isolate for taste.

Regular whey isolate will mess me right up.

ive been thinking of changing over to a plant based protein too, whey just fucks with my stomach too much anymore. anyone know if the absorption with plant based proteins is still good? i always remember reading that it isnt that great and therefore an inferior form of protein.

GAT's plant protein is great and a good mix of plant protein sources. The chocolate peanut flavour also tastes good once you get used to it. I just went on the promuscle store to get the link and see GAT is brand of the month so it's GAT15 for 15% off...

**broken link removed**

The greens formula they do is also very good (tastes great)...

**broken link removed**

Just get a good brand Isolate you will be fine. MM

I am bloated from Isolate as well unfortunately. But once i was suggested to try Whey from Optimum Nutrition. I was told it is the best that assimilates .
Definitely worth to try.

Like the poster above mentioned, DC mentioned a Pea/Egg White Blend, but I've yet to try it. Egg white is expensive, and Pea has gone up too over the years. It may average out to the same as Whey Iso, i'm not sure.

I can't stand Pea protein, it is gross, thick, and too earthy for me.

I would try the mix DC mentioned, but not sure if i'd be disappointed. I stick with whey iso and have no real problems, so I just stick with it.

Like the poster above mentioned, DC mentioned a Pea/Egg White Blend, but I've yet to try it. Egg white is expensive, and Pea has gone up too over the years. It may average out to the same as Whey Iso, i'm not sure.

I can't stand Pea protein, it is gross, thick, and too earthy for me.

I would try the mix DC mentioned, but not sure if i'd be disappointed. I stick with whey iso and have no real problems, so I just stick with it.

Egg White protein is about the same cost as every other whey protein shake out there, maybe even cheaper.. I see some Whey going for $70+ which is ridiculous.. I just got a month supply of Egg White protein with added enzymes etc for a bit over $50 shipped..

A carton of egg whites is about $2 and has 100g of protein... Another easy and cheap option..

Egg White protein is about the same cost as every other whey protein shake out there, maybe even cheaper.. I see some Whey going for $70+ which is ridiculous.. I just got a month supply of Egg White protein with added enzymes etc for a bit over $50 shipped..

A carton of egg whites is about $2 and has 100g of protein... Another easy and cheap option..

I'm going mainly off of Dante's site (trying not to breach board rules here). Their egg white powder is more than the whey isolate. I don't trust a lot of other brands. I guess the carton egg whites would be an option, but my response above was solely for powdered egg white.

For whey I only use Dante's, but would also use Synthetek's...maybe ON's too.

For a powder blend though, i'd have to probably get a pound of the egg white/pea to really know. I think Dante stated egg white powder has a thin consistency, so it helps even out the thicker/foamy consistency of pea....which also needs more water. I have to factor cost into all this too....i'm not going to pay more for something, if i'm fine with whey iso. This all starts to go off topic from the OP's thread topic though.

I am bloated from Isolate as well unfortunately. But once i was suggested to try Whey from Optimum Nutrition. I was told it is the best that assimilates .
Definitely worth to try.

You should check out SynthePURE. My body absorbs it like a sponge and no bloat, stomach discomfort at all.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear