over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best knee sleeves for big calves

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I’m looking for a decent set of knee sleeves that I can squat with.
I have set of mark bell “slingshots” , they are a bitch to get over my valves and don’t offer as much actual knee compression

I’m looking for a decent set of knee sleeves that I can squat with.

I have set of mark bell “slingshots” , they are a bitch to get over my valves and don’t offer as much actual knee compression
Hmm, ni sleeves offer much in terms of support IMO. They are good for circulation and support. I have tried many but prefer stoic or Titan Yellow jackets. If your looking better support look for stitching across the knee (like an X). Some of these were banned in a few powerlifting sanctions for having too much support.

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk

Why doesn't anyone ever use knee wraps anymore? I have always used those to great success and cant imagine sleeves offering more support. I like wraps because you can wrap them really tight for more support or lose for less.

Why doesn't anyone ever use knee wraps anymore? I have always used those to great success and cant imagine sleeves offering more support. I like wraps because you can wrap them really tight for more support or lose for less.

I've used knee wraps for years on my heaviest sets of squats and leg press, and I feel they've helped me not have knee issues / injuries / etc. while continuing to progress in weights used.

If you're not training heavy, knee sleeves are likely a better choice than wraps. With wraps, you need to use a certain level of weight or you're going to have a hard time getting all the way down in the movement.

IMO wraps improve a lift too much. I'm only saying this as a former PLer myself.
With a pretty snug sleeve, you still get the overall joint protection and warmth (and feeling of safety) without adding some extra rebound strength to the lift. Some might like the bounce and rebound of a wrap, but I'm transitioned to BBing and I want my muscle to take create all the force, not the elasticity of the wrap.

And to the OP, there are plenty of wraps that work for guys with bigger calves. I walk around with 19in calves year round and I just have to measure the opening of the sleeve. If the opening is around 19, I know my legs will fit. Go look up the sizing guide for ELITEFTS sleeves, they basically apply to ALL sleeve measurements as well. Measure the largest part of your calf and measure the opening of whatever size sleeve you are looking to buy. If they match up, get em.

Last edited:
IMO wraps improve a lift too much. I'm only saying this as a former PLer myself.
With a pretty snug sleeve, you still get the overall joint protection and warmth (and feeling of safety) without adding some extra rebound strength to the lift. Some might like the bounce and rebound of a wrap, but I'm transitioned to BBing and I want my muscle to take create all the force, not the elasticity of the wrap.

And to the OP, there are plenty of wraps that work for guys with bigger calves. I walk around with 19in calves year round and I just have to measure the opening of the sleeve. If the opening is around 19, I know my legs will fit. Go look up the sizing guide for ELITEFTS sleeves, they basically apply to ALL sleeve measurements as well. Measure the largest part of your calf and measure the opening of whatever size sleeve you are looking to buy. If they match up, get em.

Good points. I think if you don't wrap very tight you don't get much of a rebound at all. That is how I wrap my knees mostly. I used to wrap tightly only when I was going below 8 reps or so. How tight you go makes a huge difference. I would also use a well worn set of wraps when doing more of a bodybuilding routine, and if I was going more powerlifting style then I would use a set of new wraps that were really fresh.

Last edited:
Rehband 7mm knee sleeves are pretty solid. I too originally got the Mark Bell one's, but yeah, difficult to get on is an understatement.

The rehband's provide a decent amount of support and compression without being overly difficult to get on and don't really cut off circulation (too badly anyways) throughout the course of a leg training session.

My training partner uses EliteFTS knee sleeves, so those might be worth a look as well.

I used SBDs when I PL'd. I competed in Raw no-wraps.
But SBD's are good. Depending on how tight you get em, you can stilll get some sort of rebound out of them .

Rehband 7084's; the 7 mm ones like zacharykane said. I've had mine for five years, put them in the washing machine twice a week, and they still look brand new. No signs of the material wearing whatsoever. They slide on and off effortlessly and do not pull or tear your leg hair. They will not aid your lifts (I don't want them to) and provide excellent support and warmth. They're neoprene and will stretch should your body weight fluctuate. The recommended measuring protocol is to measure the largest part of your calf and then order a size down for a snug fit. I did that and I love it. I really don't think there's a better knee sleeve on the market.

I really like the support I get from the Elite FTS knee sleeves. I think they were called heavy duty or something, they are quite thick and stiff. They feel similar to wraps actually, just not quite as tight. Lots of support, not a ton of rebound. They are what I need as a bodybuilder.

I prefer not to use wraps because getting them on and off slow down my workouts too much.

I really like the support I get from the Elite FTS knee sleeves. I think they were called heavy duty or something, they are quite thick and stiff. They feel similar to wraps actually, just not quite as tight. Lots of support, not a ton of rebound. They are what I need as a bodybuilder.

I prefer not to use wraps because getting them on and off slow down my workouts too much.

Just got these and the elbow sleeves. Wanted to try something non neoprene. Liking them so far

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear