over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Imagine being crazy enough not to use the sauna

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
https://www.facebook.com/165411950137902/posts/2629249373754135?sfns=mo

“I recently gave a talk at the healthy heart conference in Little Rock about how sauna use may be an exercise mimetic for heart and healthspan. I started my talk with a very bold statement. I said I think in the next 10 years that sauna bathing will become part of the standard of care for the prevention and treatment for heart disease and a variety of heart conditions. Several studies have shown that frequent sauna bathing (4-7 times per week, 174F for 20 min.) is associated with a 50% lower risk for fatal heart disease, 60% lower risk for sudden cardiac death, 51% lower risk for stroke, and 46% lower risk for hypertension. Just a single sauna session has been shown to lower blood pressure, improve heart rate variability, and improve arterial compliance.

Some of the positive benefits of the sauna on heart health may have to do with similar physiological changes that also occur during physical exercise. For example, there is a 50-70% redistribution of blood flow away from the core to the skin to facilitate sweating. You start to sweat. Heart rate increases up to 150 beats per minute which correspond to moderate-intensity physical exercise. Cardiac output (which is a measure of the amount of work the heart performs in response to the body’s need for oxygen) increases by 60-70%. Immediately after the sauna blood pressure and resting heart rate are lower than baseline similar to physical activity.

I also presented some data on how sauna use may have overall longevity benefits. For example, frequent sauna use is associated with a 40% lower all-cause mortality and a 60% lower risk for Alzheimer's disease. Some of the longevity benefits may be due to the increased production of heat shock proteins. Heat shock proteins have been shown to prevent and slow the progression of neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease, slow human muscle atrophy, and are associated with human longevity.

The effects of heat stress on longevity have also been shown in lower organisms including flies and worms, increasing their lifespans by as much as 15 percent. The mechanism of lifespan extension was also teased out in these organisms and shown to be specifically dependent on heat shock proteins. The productions of heat shock proteins in response to heat exposure is an evolutionarily conserved mechanism from lower organisms like flies and worms, to animals to humans.”

I've been using the sauna off and on for years because of her and Joe Rogan. Four times a week for 20-30min. The only drawback is it can drain you of energy if your hydration and diet isnt up to par.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

She is pushing hard trying to get people to use the sauna among some other things she advocates. I think she is trying to get her name out there to profit ( who isnt). Pushing the sauna hard, something not many people care about, will get her name out there more than pushing the if or bcaa. She's becoming known as the sauna girl lol. Not saying it doesn't have benefits but she obviously is trying hard to make a name for herself.

Heating your body up and bringing blood to the skin isn't like exercise. There's no venous return like with exercise so your heart is just pumping a tiny load really fast. Won't give the same benefits.

Imagine being dumb enough to push sauna going as a cure-all based on nothing but a bunch of observational studies with massive endogeneity issues.

You guys like to poke fun but the more I have researched and heard about heat-shock proteins is really impressive.

Well, the Romans did it a lot, even back B.C. I saw the roman baths in Pompeii when I visited this summer. I think there are definitely some benefits, but I don't see it as being that incredible.

I know for people like me in heart failure it is hard to be in the really high heat. I do think that dry heat will be more beneficial than really humid. I wouldn't last long in high humidity either.

I didn't read the link. Has anyone addressed the benefits of dry vs humid heat?

sauna, epsom salt bath, float tanks, foam rolling, lots of these things we have no idea about, wish there was some real research to know if we are just wasting our time or what is worth while

It is hard to imagine that if you take an average group of Americans that eat badly, don't excerise, verging on pre-diabetis , working on having high BP and appling heat to them and that will make the heart healthier. Which I know I am simplifying. While I hope it is true but that is a tough sell for me.

I love the sauna. Nothing connected to the thread and just a story but I was once in the gym and an old guy was doing hot and cold therapy and the shock to the body (changes in heart rate and vasoconstriction) sent him into cardiac arrest. Obviously just an isolated case and he probably would have had one anyway but bad to see. One of the workers performed CPR and basically saved his life.

I think it’s fucking hilarious how people on this forum will poke at a study on thousands of men/women and try to nit pick it when it comes to health...

Yet these same people will see ONE guy post on the internet how he takes a gram of Tren a week and is in perfect health because “he feels ok” and take it as gospel that they too and anyone for that matter can do the same and side effects are blown out of proportion etc... :rolleyes:

I still don’t understand how she’s making money off of this or using it as propaganda etc... She’s been talking about this for years.. Just because some of you JUST found out about it doesn’t mean that’s what she’s doing, although, WHO CARES?

She’s as legit as it gets when it comes to her credentials as a scientist.... So who cares if she’s spreading the word on health benefits and longevity?

Sound like a bunch of haters in here...

Take it easy man
Just to be clear, I was referring to Patrick.

As a trained scientist, she should know better about what you can and cannot conclude from those association studies. If she really believed in sauna-going, she would try to raise funds in the scientific community for RCTs or heck, even animal studies. If her case really is that strong, then why is no one taking her seriously, why does she not get drowned in funding? Because right now it's all speculation, nothing more. Way to early to make grandiose claims on the internet.

I love the steam room but the sauna always had me fear dehydration.
Great way to help remove lactic acid and toxins.

Just to be clear, I was referring to Patrick.

As a trained scientist, she should know better about what you can and cannot conclude from those association studies. If she really believed in sauna-going, she would try to raise funds in the scientific community for RCTs or heck, even animal studies. If her case really is that strong, then why is no one taking her seriously, why does she not get drowned in funding? Because right now it's all speculation, nothing more. Way to early to make grandiose claims on the internet.

All good bro.

I just know that I've been using the new sauna in my building nearly every day the last 3 months (post workout or cardio) and plan to continue, and will hope for the best.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws