over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Need help reading Thyroid Labs

trekrider215

Registered
Okay, so obviously my numbers are technically all still in the "normal" range. I know just because something is labeled normal doesn't necessarily mean you're in the best position you could be in. T4 is very close to being out of range, but to be honest maybe its supposed to be that way? Im honestly just not good at reading thyroid labs.

I know many of you talk about thyroid on here. My question is should i be trying to get better numbers than this? For instance supplementing with something to try and help optimize? Or would you guys say the numbers are perfectly fine and nothing needs to be done. Thank you!

TSH - 2.290 - Normal - (0.450 - 4.500) uIU/ml
Thyroxine (T4) - 4.7 - Normal - (4.5 - 12.0)
T3 Uptake - 32 - Normal - (24-39%)
Free Thyroxine Index - 1.5 - Normal - (1.2 - 4.9)

You need to test free t3 also. But with what you have, tsh is "high" and free t3 is "low". A doctor will not treat you though...well, a good doctor would but good luck. Tsh is primarily what drs use but it doesnt explain the whole picture. It is not uncommon for someone to have a tsh higher than 2 and experience symptoms of hypothyroidism. Unfortunately drs tend to classify that as pseudo hypothyroidism and wont treat if tsh is still in range.

You want tsh low end of range and free t3, free t4 on high end.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks for you reply.

My gf and i both got our tests together.
Her TSH is 3.5
T4 is 7.7
T3 uptake is 27

She was actually the reason we got these tests done because she exhibits all the symptoms of hypothyroidism. She is cold literally 24/7, we live in Florida, but shes cold to the point that something just doesn't seem right.

I think ive been reading the results wrong because at first i thought her labwork was in better shape than mine, but based on your reply it appears im wrong.

Based on our number we obviously dont need thyroid meds but is there any supplements we can take to improve the state. Hers more specifically.

I will look into getting free t3 tested for us both soon. Idk why these thyroid numbers are so hard for me to understand lol.

I just dont know what numbers are acceptable. Like look at the ranges for testosterone. Just because you fall into the "normal" range doesn't mean you won't have low T sides, if your more on the shallow end.

Based on her numbers could it make sense that she is having hypothyroid sides?

Last edited:
My gf just informed me that her dad, sister, and two brothers all had pituitary tumors. Shes in her 40s now so im going to go out on a limb and say she's at a pretty high risk. She was unsure of exactly which type or tumor they had though.

I know thyroid hormones are definitely something that can be effected with a pituitary tumor. Apparently most people who have these types of tumors either dont realize they have them, or the tumor has to get big enough to start causing symptoms.

As far as I'm concerned this changes things. Unfortunately she doesnt have insurance and isnt a big doctor person. Me getting her to even get thyroid lab work done is a big step.

Unfortunately, your endo isn't very good at their job with respect to thyroid health. They should have tested free T3, free T4, and antibodies along with TSH. The regular T4 test shows you might be low though (lol at the "normal" lab range), so it's definitely worth looking further into with more testing.

Unfortunately, your endo isn't very good at their job with respect to thyroid health. They should have tested free T3, free T4, and antibodies along with TSH. The regular T4 test shows you might be low though (lol at the "normal" lab range), so it's definitely worth looking further into with more testing.

Call you doctor and ask for another script. If they want to waste your time and say "come in again" just to get their fee order your own online - I like ultalabs.com very cheap.

Thyroid Antibodies
Free T3
Free T4
Reverse T3 (might as well - could indicate thyroid problems are being caused by something else)

Thanks for you reply.

My gf and i both got our tests together.
Her TSH is 3.5
T4 is 7.7
T3 uptake is 27

She was actually the reason we got these tests done because she exhibits all the symptoms of hypothyroidism. She is cold literally 24/7, we live in Florida, but shes cold to the point that something just doesn't seem right.

I think ive been reading the results wrong because at first i thought her labwork was in better shape than mine, but based on your reply it appears im wrong.

Based on our number we obviously dont need thyroid meds but is there any supplements we can take to improve the state. Hers more specifically.

I will look into getting free t3 tested for us both soon. Idk why these thyroid numbers are so hard for me to understand lol.

I just dont know what numbers are acceptable. Like look at the ranges for testosterone. Just because you fall into the "normal" range doesn't mean you won't have low T sides, if your more on the shallow end.

Based on her numbers could it make sense that she is having hypothyroid sides?
Based solely on her tsh, she has hypothyroidism. The lab range used to top out at 6 for tsh, at one point, a group of endo's tried to get the range lowered to 3, for what ever reason, the new range wasn't accepted, although it looks like your lab is using 4.5. You really want tsh under 1.

Have her check her temperature a couple times during the day. Body temperature is usually low in those with hypothyroidism.

Free t3 is probably the most important number to judge hypothyroidism and neither one of you had it tested, so if the dr ordered the tests, he or she has already proven their level of incompetence with the thyroid.

Research, research, research. You must become your own dr. I've struggled for years with low energy, at one point I thought is was my thyroid. The results were hard to interpret, I'd have to do some digging to find my results but my tsh was 2.2 I think, free t4 was really low but in range and free t3 was high out of range, I felt hypo, not hyper. I put so many hours into researching the thyroid. I believe my issue was from excess test levels as high test levels can cause an immunity of some sort to t3, so then the body just starts over converting t3. Turns out I have low shbg, causing high free test even on trt dose, I always only tested total test which looked good.

To my point, it was amazing the amount of story's I came across on various forums, not just bb forums, of people with hypothyroidism, every symptom in the book, for years, but blood work "in range" and endo's unwilling to treat it. Say they just have pseudo hypothyroidism...wtf is that? Eventually theyd find a good dr to treat them, and magically they were cured. Do not take your dr for their word. If your bloodwork falls in lab ranges, they wont pay any attention to it. The labs for the thyroid are bogus.

If one were supplementing with T3 only (whether due to hypothyroidism, cutting stack, or other), would free T3 be the only needed test? I would assume that the synthetic T3 would elevate T3 levels similar to how exogenous testosterone will elevate total testosterone levels in lab results.

Also, when is the best time to get the blood work done to evaluate levels? After being on for X weeks AND getting blood work Z hours after a morning dose? If one is splitting their dose into AM and PM, would it be more or less accurate to combine the AM and PM dose on the day of testing?

Thank you

Based solely on her tsh, she has hypothyroidism. The lab range used to top out at 6 for tsh, at one point, a group of endo's tried to get the range lowered to 3, for what ever reason, the new range wasn't accepted, although it looks like your lab is using 4.5. You really want tsh under 1.

Have her check her temperature a couple times during the day. Body temperature is usually low in those with hypothyroidism.

Free t3 is probably the most important number to judge hypothyroidism and neither one of you had it tested, so if the dr ordered the tests, he or she has already proven their level of incompetence with the thyroid.

Research, research, research. You must become your own dr. I've struggled for years with low energy, at one point I thought is was my thyroid. The results were hard to interpret, I'd have to do some digging to find my results but my tsh was 2.2 I think, free t4 was really low but in range and free t3 was high out of range, I felt hypo, not hyper. I put so many hours into researching the thyroid. I believe my issue was from excess test levels as high test levels can cause an immunity of some sort to t3, so then the body just starts over converting t3. Turns out I have low shbg, causing high free test even on trt dose, I always only tested total test which looked good.

To my point, it was amazing the amount of story's I came across on various forums, not just bb forums, of people with hypothyroidism, every symptom in the book, for years, but blood work "in range" and endo's unwilling to treat it. Say they just have pseudo hypothyroidism...wtf is that? Eventually theyd find a good dr to treat them, and magically they were cured. Do not take your dr for their word. If your bloodwork falls in lab ranges, they wont pay any attention to it. The labs for the thyroid are bogus.

This is exactly what happened with me. It's a major medical scandal how unaware the very large majority of endos are when it comes to thyroid health. My TSH and FT4 are always fine, but my FT3 is always low but still "in range" so they tell me I'm fine, despite the symptoms I have (all day fog and some fatigue)

I've recently discovered a connection between high oxalates and hypothyroid, and I consume an outrageous amount of oxalates. Like, an absolutely enormous quantity of oxalates every meal for years, which I had no clue about. My mother just did a urine test and found she has an extremely high level of oxalates, so I know I have the same problem without even getting it tested. Worth looking into for people with hypothyroid IMO.

If one were supplementing with T3 only (whether due to hypothyroidism, cutting stack, or other), would free T3 be the only needed test? I would assume that the synthetic T3 would elevate T3 levels similar to how exogenous testosterone will elevate total testosterone levels in lab results.

Also, when is the best time to get the blood work done to evaluate levels? After being on for X weeks AND getting blood work Z hours after a morning dose? If one is splitting their dose into AM and PM, would it be more or less accurate to combine the AM and PM dose on the day of testing?

Thank you

Taking T3 lowered my FT3. I think it's because I wasn't taking enough T4 with it. I was digging online and usually it's good to get FT3 checked about 12 hours after your last dose.

Taking T3 lowered my FT3. I think it's because I wasn't taking enough T4 with it. I was digging online and usually it's good to get FT3 checked about 12 hours after your last dose.

So if I'm on 100 mcg T3 Ed split into 50/50, assuming it's dosed correctly, I will see lower free T3? Would total T3 be elevated?

Okay, so obviously my numbers are technically all still in the "normal" range. I know just because something is labeled normal doesn't necessarily mean you're in the best position you could be in. T4 is very close to being out of range, but to be honest maybe its supposed to be that way? Im honestly just not good at reading thyroid labs.

I know many of you talk about thyroid on here. My question is should i be trying to get better numbers than this? For instance supplementing with something to try and help optimize? Or would you guys say the numbers are perfectly fine and nothing needs to be done. Thank you!

TSH - 2.290 - Normal - (0.450 - 4.500) uIU/ml
Thyroxine (T4) - 4.7 - Normal - (4.5 - 12.0)
T3 Uptake - 32 - Normal - (24-39%)
Free Thyroxine Index - 1.5 - Normal - (1.2 - 4.9)

Get me your Free T4 and Free T3 levels. Draw blood before 10 AM on an empty stomach and post back here or PM me.

Correct, taking T3 shuts down your natural production of both T4/T3 and due to the short half life, when you test, you will have lower T4/T3. Ideal thyroid replacement includes T4. T3 only is the worst protocol.

So if I'm on 100 mcg T3 Ed split into 50/50, assuming it's dosed correctly, I will see lower free T3? Would total T3 be elevated?

Are you taking that dose for fat loss? Is it UGL or pharma grade? Peak serum levels are seen around 2-4 hours after taking it. Your levels should be insanely high on that dose. Mine were x 4 times over the normal limit a few hours after consumption with USA pharma grade T3.

Last edited:
Are you taking that dose for fat loss? Is it UGL or pharma grade? Peak serum levels are seen around 2-4 hours after taking it. Your levels should be insanely high on that dose. Mine were x 4 times over the normal limit a few hours after consumption with USA pharma grade T3.

Yes.

Tiromel but I think it's garbage. I wanted to make a post here asking if anyone has used that batch and was disappointed but I can't make a post anymore for some reason.

What levels? Free T3, total T3?

Yes.

Tiromel but I think it's garbage. I wanted to make a post here asking if anyone has used that batch and was disappointed but I can't make a post anymore for some reason.

What levels? Free T3, total T3?

Did you source from a reliable online pharmacy?

Free T3 levels. You should easily feel 100 mcg T3.

T3 is a trash fat burner and it's not worth taking at those levels anyways.

Ok so just for the record, i ordered these thyroid labs off privatemdlabs, so we haven't been seeing a doctor. My gf doesn't have insurance but i knew something wasnt right with her and i figured if I could show her something isnt right then she would see a doc. Weve been taking her temperature multiple times a day. She wakes up at betwrrn 95.8 and 96.0 and her body temp will not go over 96.5 at any time of the day. How crazy is that.

Anyways we got her into a doc and it turns out she has a prolactinoma which is a prolactin secreting tumor on the pituitary. Apparently it can also mess up the thyroid, and explains why she hasnt had a period in many months. Its also compressing the occular nerve so she would have eventually started losing her vision.

Were awaiting further steps from tbe doctor because i believe she is getting referred to someone else. Shes got an appointment soon though.

Do you think it would be worth trying to take any prolactin lowering supplements like vitex or b6 in the meantime or would that probably be no match for a prolactin tumor.

That actually means you were taking too little t3 to the point where you took less than you were naturally producing while suppressing your natural production

would be like taking 50mg of test a week
Taking T4 has nothing to do with this

If you took 100mcg t3 split into 50/50
Depending when your drew the blood after your last dose will determine how high your t3 levels will be
They will be above range regardless with that dose

In regards to the OP
You need more bloods checked
the most important is free t3, t3 antibodies and reverse t3 and will tell you if you

Free t4, tsh is needed to determine why you have hypo thyroid

feeling cold can be due to other hormones such as low estrogen

Did you source from a reliable online pharmacy?

Free T3 levels. You should easily feel 100 mcg T3.

T3 is a trash fat burner and it's not worth taking at those levels anyways.

Thank you @Black Beard and @thewizkid for the replies and sorry everyone if this thread is too old for the bump (thought the post might help someone some day to see what kinda lab results someone could get taking t3). Yoinking my post from another forum:

So... I hopped back on this. Think 50 mcg for the first day, few days at 100 mcg (split AM/PM), then a day or so at 150 mcg (also split AM/PM) and got tested in the morning. I'm not sure [if the dose is 100% accurate] but it's definitely not completely shit like I thought it was...

Screenshot_20200518-154138__01__01.jpg

--------

It's Tiromel and from a source that sells a lot of raws internationally to answer your question. I'm not sure if it's properly dosed but it sure as hell isn't bunk. Also, t3 was the only thyroid medication I was taking (wasn't taking t4).

This is exactly what happened with me. It's a major medical scandal how unaware the very large majority of endos are when it comes to thyroid health. My TSH and FT4 are always fine, but my FT3 is always low but still "in range" so they tell me I'm fine, despite the symptoms I have (all day fog and some fatigue)

I've recently discovered a connection between high oxalates and hypothyroid, and I consume an outrageous amount of oxalates. Like, an absolutely enormous quantity of oxalates every meal for years, which I had no clue about. My mother just did a urine test and found she has an extremely high level of oxalates, so I know I have the same problem without even getting it tested. Worth looking into for people with hypothyroid IMO.

Nothuman: Do you take a lot of Vitamin C? A few years ago, when I had all my medical issues; I had high super high oxalate levels. They finally came to the conclusion that the main cause was the amount of Vitamin C I was taking. I lowered my dosage substantially and it normalized.

Nothuman: Do you take a lot of Vitamin C? A few years ago, when I had all my medical issues; I had high super high oxalate levels. They finally came to the conclusion that the main cause was the amount of Vitamin C I was taking. I lowered my dosage substantially and it normalized.

Not really, but that's really good to know. I didn't know high dose vitamin C raised oxalates. In my case, I think its more genetic since my mother has even higher oxalates. What dose of C were you taking?

Not really, but that's really good to know. I didn't know high dose vitamin C raised oxalates. In my case, I think its more genetic since my mother has even higher oxalates. What dose of C were you taking?

I believe it was around 4-5 grams per day. That combined with my lack of kidney function led to sky high oxalate levels.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131