over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do I still need PWO carbs?

Sanctus Umbra

Newbies
Here is my current situation:My pre-workout meal consists of chicken and 100g basmati brown rice.During training I'll have my vitargo with 10g BCAA and after workout I take 60g dextrose with 50g whey isolate.

I am thinking of omitting completely my PWO dextrose and taking only whey isolate.My reasoning is because I think there is still too much sugar present with my protocol.

I train intensely and my workouts do not exceed 45-60 minutes.Thus having my pre and during workout carbs I am not,in my opinion,completely depleting all of my glycogen stores and therefore requiring me to have my dextrose shake.That is why I came with the idea of cutting completely my dextrose PWO and have only my isolate as I think insulin levels will still be elevated.Am I thinking right?Would like to hear your opinions and suggestions.

Not enough info to guess

Here is my current situation:My pre-workout meal consists of chicken and 100g basmati brown rice.During training I'll have my vitargo with 10g BCAA and after workout I take 60g dextrose with 50g whey isolate.

I am thinking of omitting completely my PWO dextrose and taking only whey isolate.My reasoning is because I think there is still too much sugar present with my protocol.

I train intensely and my workouts do not exceed 45-60 minutes.Thus having my pre and during workout carbs I am not,in my opinion,completely depleting all of my glycogen stores and therefore requiring me to have my dextrose shake.That is why I came with the idea of cutting completely my dextrose PWO and have only my isolate as I think insulin levels will still be elevated.Am I thinking right?Would like to hear your opinions and suggestions.

1. Age
2. Muscle mass
3. Current diet
4. Training routine
5. Contest mode?
6. Supplement list
these are all factors that have to be known before you want someone to guess at this.

Phil here is my info.Sorry for forgetting:

1. Age:29

2. Bodyweight: 85kg (without gear as of right now).Bodyfat around 8%

3. Current diet:
meal 1: 100g oats+2 scoops whey pro isolate with 3 raw whole eggs
meal 2: 2 large cans of tuna in wholemeal bread.
meal 3 2 scoops whey pro isolate.
meal 4: (pre-workout at about 4pm) 300g chicken breast with 100g basmati brown rice.(during workout vitargo with 10g BCAA)
meal 5: 2 scoops whey pro isolate with 60g dextrose
meal 6: 300g chicken breast with 100g basmati brown rice
meal 7: 2 scoops egg protein.

4. Train heavy duty style

5. Never competed although I intend to.

6. current supps are multivitamins/minerals,CEE,BCAA and omega 3 fish oils.

Thanks for your time Phil.Much appreciated.

Last edited:
Phil here is my info.Sorry for forgetting:

1. Age:29

2. Bodyweight: 85kg (without gear as of right now).Bodyfat around 8%

3. Current diet:
meal 1: 100g oats+2 scoops whey pro isolate with 3 raw whole eggs
meal 2: 2 large cans of tuna in wholemeal bread.
meal 3 2 scoops whey pro isolate.
meal 4: (pre-workout at about 4pm) 300g chicken breast with 100g basmati brown rice.(during workout vitargo with 10g BCAA)
meal 5: 2 scoops whey pro isolate with 60g dextrose
meal 6: 300g chicken breast with 100g basmati brown rice
meal 7: 2 scoops egg protein.

4. Train heavy duty style

5. Never competed although I intend to.

6. current supps are multivitamins/minerals,CEE,BCAA and omega 3 fish oils.

Thanks for your time Phil.Much appreciated.

Just wondering why the raw eggs? I was under the impression that the human body can not process uncooked egg albumin. Thusly, you would still be getting the fats and aminos ... alas, no usable protein. Not to mention that a few nice poached eggs sounds nicer than guzzeling goo.

Just my $.02

PAIN

Just wondering why the raw eggs? I was under the impression that the human body can not process uncooked egg albumin. Thusly, you would still be getting the fats and aminos ... alas, no usable protein. Not to mention that a few nice poached eggs sounds nicer than guzzeling goo.

Just my $.02

PAIN

Its because I despise eggs whether I have them boiled,poached or scrambled.So I mix them with my shake or take egg protein powder

AH I C :)

Its because I despise eggs whether I have them boiled,poached or scrambled.So I mix them with my shake or take egg protein powder

I am dieting for a show, and my only fat source (besides the minute amount of animal fat in my chicken and turkey breast) is 1 whole egg a day with my first meal ... so I looooooove my one lil egg lol :)

Cheers man, wish I could help with your carb question. All the best.

PAIN

QUESTION

Just my $.02

PAIN

THAT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.......NO USABLE PROTEIN BUT YOU CAN UTILIZE THE AMINO ACIDS? NUTRITION 101.......

HUH

I am dieting for a show, and my only fat source (besides the minute amount of animal fat in my chicken and turkey breast) is 1 whole egg a day with my first meal ... so I looooooove my one lil egg lol :)

Cheers man, wish I could help with your carb question. All the best.

PAIN

THAT IS YOUR ONLY FAT SOURCE??? TO ME THAT IS CRAZY

I'm with you PHIL. I do not understand how so many guys here can diet for shows when they know so little about basic nutrition. It really is not rocket science guys.........contrary to what you might read here with all these crazy assed diets designed by Nuclear Scientists.

I'll ask this question........................what on earth is wrong with eating whole eggs??? can't wait to hear the answer for this one!!!

I'm with you PHIL. I do not understand how so many guys here can diet for shows when they know so little about basic nutrition. It really is not rocket science guys.........contrary to what you might read here with all these crazy assed diets designed by Nuclear Scientists.

I'll ask this question........................what on earth is wrong with eating whole eggs??? can't wait to hear the answer for this one!!!

Nothing!

You'll never see me throw away a yolk...

An egg without its yolk is like a woman without boobs... they've lost what made them worthy! :eek:

Man can I say stupid things sometimes... :eek: :D

You'll never see me throw away a yolk...

An egg without its yolk is like a woman without boobs... they've lost what made them worthy! :eek:

Man can I say stupid things sometimes... :eek: :D
LMAO................you're such a dag!!;) :D

OF, what if one has high cholesterol, then what?

High Cholesterol

So if one eating the whole egg, would it not just not be adding fuel to the fire?

THAT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.......NO USABLE PROTEIN BUT YOU CAN UTILIZE THE AMINO ACIDS? NUTRITION 101.......

Forgive the use of the word "no" one digests very little usable protein from uncooked eggs, but does garner SOME use of proteins/aminos

Here, read all about it Phil

**broken link removed**

As I clearly stated in my post I am under the impression that one gets less nutritional benefit from uncooked eggs that from cooked eggs. I freely admit I am a novice to the sport, and far from a nutritional guru. I also stated I get some fat from other animal sources. I doubt that many people go into their first show with a complete dietetic understanding of a pre-contest protocol. From what I know a lot of experienced competitors hire guru's because bodybuilding nutrition IS, if fact, very complicated. That said, I have a coach I trust, who knows my body, and the diet is working.

As for what's wrong with eating whole eggs ... not a thing :) I eat one a day.

Thanks for the best wishes on my show.

PAIN

GOOD POINT THERE

Forgive the use of the word "no" one digests very little usable protein from uncooked eggs, but does garner SOME use of proteins/aminos

Here, read all about it Phil

**broken link removed**

As I clearly stated in my post I am under the impression that one gets less nutritional benefit from uncooked eggs that from cooked eggs. I freely admit I am a novice to the sport, and far from a nutritional guru. I also stated I get some fat from other animal sources. I doubt that many people go into their first show with a complete dietetic understanding of a pre-contest protocol. From what I know a lot of experienced competitors hire guru's because bodybuilding nutrition IS, if fact, very complicated. That said, I have a coach I trust, who knows my body, and the diet is working.

As for what's wrong with eating whole eggs ... not a thing :) I eat one a day.

Thanks for the best wishes on my show.

PAIN

MUCH EASIER TO DIGEST COOKED EGGS......

So if one eating the whole egg, would it not just not be adding fuel to the fire?
Eating whole eggs will infact lower bad cholesterol and raise hdl. The secret is in the yolk. Choline is the good guy here and is only present in the yolk. So as Phil has said, your cholesterol is not high from eating eggs. Add some eggs (whole cooked) to your diet and some good fats, lower your carb intake and see what happens. Do not forget that certain drugs we choose to use will also raise ldl and lower hdl.

Pain......................Body building nutition is more about knowing what it is you are eating, when you are supposed to eat it and how much of it to eat. NOT COMPLICATED DIETS DESIGNED BY SOME SO CALLED GURUS. A loy of it is pure common sense and some knowledge of nutrients in foods. Not hard at all.

NOTE: I am refering to the self titled GURUS of Body building. The guys we have here will call themselves no such thing. SO please do not put words here that do not belong!!

Pain......................Body building nutition is more about knowing what it is you are eating, when you are supposed to eat it and how much of it to eat. NOT COMPLICATED DIETS DESIGNED BY SOME SO CALLED GURUS. A loy of it is pure common sense and some knowledge of nutrients in foods. Not hard at all.

NOTE: I am refering to the self titled GURUS of Body building. The guys we have here will call themselves no such thing. SO please do not put words here that do not belong!!

I have the deepest respect for a lot of the guys on here who have experienced more of bodybuilding that I will probably ever know, and I don't believe I ever called anyone on here a guru at all. When I mentioned experienced competitors using "Gurus" I was referring to the Rambod/Glass/Nichols sort. Who I again, have the deepest respect for. Guru is not a derogatory word in my view. It is, in fact, highly complimentary. As far as the guys on here, I would not be where I am (5 weeks and 5 days from the stage and on track to be looking competitive) without the guidance and techniques of some of the bros and bro-etts on here.

Regardless of how I place, I know I will show up the best I have ever looked ... and that is the only victory I really need. I plan on posting pics and naming names of those who I wish to give my deepest thanks after the show. For now ... I'm still one of those thousands of guys out there who plans to do a show ... but hasn't yet. Though I do look most forward to my entry in, what one member so aptly named, the brotherhood of iron. Until then, I remain, as ever, most grateful for all the time you guys, and so many others, have given me.

PAIN

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity