over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Keto Question

The Thang

Newbies
Greetings, fellow humans!

Once in ketosis, especially if obese, does one need to keep consuming fat or could they have their energy come entirely from their fat stores?

Thanks

You must continue to do at fat to stay in ketosis

Just keep eating more fat than protein, and 0 carbohydrates. Lift weights and increase your aerobic exercise. It does not need more to stop being an obese person.

Guess so, but, what's the worst that could happen?

Fats , unlike carbs are essential for health (and survival)

You can eliminate fats from your diet for short periods , like every other day just do lean protein an green veggies but the othe days I’d try to get at least 100g from free range eggs , salmon and nuts like walnuts and almonds.

Even on the days you do zero fats I take 3-4g of quality fish oil caps a day

Fats , unlike carbs are essential for health (and survival)

You can eliminate fats from your diet for short periods , like every other day just do lean protein an green veggies but the othe days I’d try to get at least 100g from free range eggs , salmon and nuts like walnuts and almonds.

Even on the days you do zero fats I take 3-4g of quality fish oil caps a day

Thanks! That's very helpful...

You can absolutely eliminate fats if you like...however you will be starving and hungry all the time and this will be impossible to maintain. Fat while having all of the other benefits all ready mentioned, slows digestion and will keep the body satisfied and have that full feeling longer. That's why when you drink a protein shake by itself you are starving within 15 mins...however if you have a protein shake with a tbsp of peanut butter you will feel full for much longer... keep the fats in the keto diet for now... but when you hit a plateau and need to restart the fat loss pull out the fats for a week and eat only lean sources of protein such as white fish or chicken beast along with fibrous green vegetables like asparagus or broccoli. However i dont recommend that you do that often or for longer then a weeks time as metabolic damage can occur...

IMO, all you need to eat is you essential fats. So i dont usually agree with people that use the tradtional "keto" diet for example, 80%fat/20%protein.
I think even if someone is fat and not into bodybuilding, they need to adjust those %s. For example if your 200 lean bodymass, regardless if you need to loose 50-100lbs, you say your total calories is 2000.... well that breakdown would be 177 fat and only 100 protein....that is some dumb shit. So going back to having 200lbm for example even if your not into bodybuilding, you should at least have 180-200g of protein ( more like 250 or more if you were into bodybuilding an wanna grow muscle).... so say 200g protein, that leaves you with 1200 cals for fat, or 133g fat.... which is more then enough fat for "essential and more"

kinda went on a rant there lol sorry... I think 50/50 would be a good starting point for a keto diet for anyone in general. So if you have 2000 cal diet it would be 111fat/250protein....
cheers

However i dont recommend that you do that often or for longer then a weeks time as metabolic damage can occur...

For contest prep purposes, there is no other way to reduce fats to a minimum for several weeks. :eek::cool:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws