advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any fellas in here that DON'T use Any Protein Powder ?

raw33man

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I came to this conclusion that most of the over counter protein powders are scam....I stopped using them 2 months ago, and with a high calorie diet, I'm still gaining muscle and weight...

I wasn't talking about sponsors protein, I was talking about the popular ones like 100%whey, musclecrap, nitrofake

they are a protein "supplement," to supplement your protein intake. How is that a scam, not sure. But if u have the stomach and time to hit all your macro needs in whole food then go for it. Thats what i prefer myself but sometimes time constraints call for a couple scoops of whey to hit my intake

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

they are definitly not all equal some better than others but they arent a scam sometimes its more convienient to down a quick shake than have a full meal if u are busy but of course regular food is a better choice

most people work and dont have time to cook 6 meals a day so protein shakes are a must.

I am on a cutting diet. I havn't used Protein shakes for months. Simply because i can't afford(or too tight to buy) WPI hydrolysed. I simply use BCAA- and although i am losing weight(100g/day) i am growing in muscle size.

Having said that- i don't know how long i can keep this up for.

P

i dont anymore....all whites brand egg whites...

I trust to chug egg whites instead.

Ill use protein powder ONLY when im in a pinch, otherwise its whole meals.

A coworker buys me a muscle milk everyday but thats about it. If I could eat a steak or drink a shake I will always choose steak. Plus protein shakes make me piss a shitload, kinda seems like im just pissing out the protein.

I stopped protein powder a while back and it made my gains go through the roof.

My body reacts better to real food and it has cured my acid reflux.

6 meals 8 oz real meat. Type of meat depends on pre contest or off season.

Whole food is obviously better if you can eat enough, but protein powder is just a supplement, there's no scam in it (other then some of the brands that are overloaded with shit and way overpriced), it's just extra protein for when you can't meet your necessary protein needs for the day. I personally drink a shake or 2 (if I'm in a rush) a day of pure 99% undenatured whey protein isolate (definitely recommend) mixed with hemp oil/seeds and a little bit of glutamine and creatine works well for me.

maybe 2x a week I'll have casine before bed but it's more of a treat than need , mix up with enough water to make like cake batter , add a little Stevia and dark chocolate coco powder and chill and it's like ice-cream , awesome treat and 200 cals from just protein.
I do use LBA's a good bit , 4 oz with 12 oz raw milk for breakfast. and in the summer when I can't eat alot from working in the heat or whatever I'll mix a couple oz with some BCAA'S in a few 20 oz water bottles and sip all day.

I'd much rather eat a meal though and I have found that I respond much better to egg protein than whey

I don't drink whey or any kind of protien powder. I eat high protien diet and drink Bcaa's during my workout. Whey makes me bloated anyway and I save money not using it.

Haven't touched protein powders in 2 years, it just doesn't compare to real food.

i dont anymore....all whites brand egg whites...

this. i use these things called musclegg tastes better then chocolate milk makes it m ore tolerable but costs a bunch lol.

I only drink protein shakes if it's after a workout and i don't have time or forget to bring my eggwhites.
Usually i buy cartons of eggwhites and drink them like that other times i just put some gatorade powder or something just for the little flavour. Saves me money :)

Ill use protein powder ONLY when im in a pinch, otherwise its whole meals.

Same here, I feel so much better and fuller when I eat real food. Only time I drink shakes is post workout and sometimes right before bed (caisen).

I used to rely on them for a large chunk of my protein intake. Now I have cut back substantially on the shakes and have seen no real difference even though my protein intake has dropped as well.
I know that alot of the really big guys advocate HUGE protein intake (and they probably need it) but for a guy my size (5'11" 235lbs at 14% bf ) I don't think it is necessary. At least I have not noticed any difference in training or growth or anything. 1 - 1.5 grams per pound of body weight is enough. I see a much bigger difference when I manipulate my carb intake.

I probably use shakes more than I should. Have a hard time eating more food to bulk up so I usually drink a shake with every meal to up the protein and calories..

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I am on a cutting diet. I havn't used Protein shakes for months. Simply because i can't afford(or too tight to buy) WPI hydrolysed. I simply use BCAA- and although i am losing weight(100g/day) i am growing in muscle size.

Having said that- i don't know how long i can keep this up for.

P

You can get whey from True Protein cheaper than whole foods on a grams of protein per $ basis.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131