over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Need help with diet for my wife!

lumpy12

Newbies
My wife has been doing some resistance training with me for the past month or so and shes stepping her cardio up quite a bit and now I feel its time to tweak her diet. She eats fairly clean but not great, id guess around 2-2500cals. Her background is in gymnastics and so she has a nice base but shes wanting to trim the fat and feels shes ready.

shes 5'8" fluctuates 160-170

Im not sure where to start with a female on a diet, so my main questions are how many meals should she be eating?? 5?? What should her macros look like?? etc etc..

Her training regime will be 45 min fasted cardio upon wakin and then mid afternoon resistance training with me then 10-20 min cardio depending on what day of the week. She is a sales rep so she eats on the go quite a bit.. any advice would be appreciated!! thanks

Is she not human? Lool.. Just have her eat less than she's eating now.. Still not dropping fat? Have her eat EVEN less.. Cutting is pretty straight forward.. The best diet is one she can stick to

Is she not human? Lool.. Just have her eat less than she's eating now.. Still not dropping fat? Have her eat EVEN less.. Cutting is pretty straight forward.. The best diet is one she can stick to

LOL yea shes human bro, I am looking for a long term resolution.. not a quick fix over a 2 month span. I understand cutting is simple but we are looking for a lifestyle change not a temporary fix. Thats why I wanna know what most women intake. Mostly just her fats and carb ratios.. She is used to eating the foods I eat plus extras. If I just tell her eat less then shes not going to make it! I want her to be EATING but in a HEALTHIER manner..

Just advise her to take some regular food along with some cardio enriched medicine.Which are enriched with calcium nutrient and helps in strengthening of bone and muscles in woman's body.

My wife has been doing some resistance training with me for the past month or so and shes stepping her cardio up quite a bit and now I feel its time to tweak her diet. She eats fairly clean but not great, id guess around 2-2500cals. Her background is in gymnastics and so she has a nice base but shes wanting to trim the fat and feels shes ready.

shes 5'8" fluctuates 160-170

Im not sure where to start with a female on a diet, so my main questions are how many meals should she be eating?? 5?? What should her macros look like?? etc etc..

Her training regime will be 45 min fasted cardio upon wakin and then mid afternoon resistance training with me then 10-20 min cardio depending on what day of the week. She is a sales rep so she eats on the go quite a bit.. any advice would be appreciated!! thanks

Save your energy and hire a trainer to do the guess work for you. Trust me, it makes life a lot easier for someone new to dieting. Shelby Starnes (banner at the bottom of page) can be hired at $250 per month or $500 for 12 weeks and by then your wife should have a pretty good understanding on whats she needs to do if she needs to trim down anymore after her time expires.

Wrong!!! It is not that cut and dry to losing fat and maintaining muscle. I agree, hire someone that really knows.

Why isn't anyone asking about her stats and goals? I can give some advice to set you in the right direction. I have a Nutrition degree. Give me an idea of what she wants to do and her age... this is essential to start.

Wrong!!! It is not that cut and dry to losing fat and maintaining muscle. I agree, hire someone that really knows.

How's that wrong? Calorie deficit is what cutting about.

OP 160 lbs n 2500 is a lot.. freedieting.com look for the calculater, eat at the fat loss calories .. Preferably eating the same thing everyday to keep it easy then everytime she's stuck, drop 10-20g of carbs or increase 20-30 min of cardio

Pesty is absolutely correct. Cutting is not necessarily as cut-an-dried as "calorie deficit". There are more things to take into consideration, i.e hormonal issues, insulin sensitivity, etc. A good nutritionist will understand this. I work with women all the time, and their diets often set up differently then men's. It's not just "calories in, calories out".

Last edited:
it's all in the numbers. Get the macro's right and work out a diet lower in cals. As above it isn't rocket science but there are many things to consider. At a glance, 2-2500 cals is quite a lot for a female unless we are talking serious lifting here. I mean heavy and hard 5-6 times per week.

Particularly for someone who is new to nutrition and "dieting", I still really like Bill Philips' BODY FOR LIFE book. The diet it lays out is a very typical approach for anyone in bodybuilding - 5-6 small meals over the course of the day. But what I like about the book is that it gives you the basics and an understanding of WHY, not just "DO THIS". It's also an easy read and doesn't require major study sessions. And the best part is they don't give you a strict meal plan, but rather the guidelines for building one and lists of the types of foods to build that diet. Anyone who diets can tell you the only successful diet is the one that you can incorporate into your lifestyle. If a meal plan tells you to eat food that isn't something you like or it isn't convenient to prepare or carry with you, you probably won't do it. Its not supposed to be DIE w/ a T.

Once you figure out the foods you like that fall into the categories outlined, then the only other real expenditure of time is to prepare the food so it is conveniently available for you. Me for example - I work a standard 9-5 that sometimes runs to well past 5, and I typically head straight to the gym after work. That means easily 10-12 hours before I'm home again, so I carry all my meals for the day in a cooler, and have a few backups planted at work. I've found every time I assume I can find what I need at a restaurant or some alternative to me carrying it, it never seems to work that way. So the end result is I either have to compromise on a shitty meal or just not eat. NOT eating for me is not an option. I've been doing the 5-6 small meals/day for nearly 20 years so my metabolism is definitely geared towards that. If I miss my 3 hour window, I don't just get hungry - I start to crash. So you bet I carry my food w/ me. But it took some though to come up w/ the best way for me to carry the right food, in the right cooler w/ the right containers. Once you work that out, you're golden.

Additionally the book lays out a training & cardio program that

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity