YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

AGAIN! ALL READ BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big A

IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IFBB PROS
JUDGES
Registered
Newbies
ProfessionalMuscle has its own physical server box, not shared with anybody else. I spend thousands of dollars per month on security measures, such as back-ups every 12 hours, cloudflare, ironclad security to the entire server and software, etc.

But that doesn't mean shit when a worker leaves a door wide open.

On Friday evening, a tech was doing upgrades to the server. When he finished, he left the port he used wide open without securing it. It appears that the scammer that has been impersonating me and doing damage to other forums, has been scanning the server regularly. As luck would have it, he got lucky and discovered that port only a couple of hours later.

At 3.35am USEST on Saturday morning, he took the site down. He erased the entire server - database, MySQL, all the software, etc.

That part itself doesn't matter, as the latest database back-up was performed at 10pm USEST, so that was reloaded and at most, we only lost 5 hours worth of posts.

When we reloaded the backup and we did a scan of the server, we found malware files left behind by the scammer/hacker, that would allow him back in. Just to be safe, we decided to scrap the whole server and set up a brand new box from scratch, just to be safe. But because it was the weekend, it took up to a couple of days to have it all ready and be back online.

All the above is just a nuissance, because an idiot worker fucked up.

The concern is that the scammer would have downloaded the database before he wiped the server. Which means he would have access to everyone's passwords on the site and their private message boxes.

I hope that none of you have used the same passwords to log onto ProfessionalMuscle and your emails. If you did, frankly, that was a pretty dumb thing to do.
If you had stuff in your pm boxes that you should have deleted, well, not the brightest move.

So, make sure you change your email passwords straight away and obviously change your passwords here before you do anything else.

So, make sure you change your email passwords straight away and obviously change your passwords here before you do anything else.

^^^BUMP THIS^^^

..THANK YOU!!

You did everything you could do. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. I appreciate how you got the server back up and to its previous condition. Nobody can keep down PM!:headbang:

Thanks BigA for the hard work in returning our site. Hope no one is damaged.

I've changed my email but received no email verification and now have a restricted account.

I cannot also PM. It states I have reached my message quota and I haven't as Ive deleted loads of PMs.

Please have a look at my acc Big A or staff.

Thanks.

ProM

Ill be online as much as possible for the next several weeks
to try and help monitor. My time is limited these days and i am not as active as
I should be or use to be. This site though has been a big part of my life from age 20-40. Ill be glad to spend some time to try and help give back.

Thanks BigA for being a great friend and providing such a place.
If it ended tomorrow I have a lifetime of memories here.

my email was hacked, no saying if it was from this site but thats my guess. be careful

my email was hacked, no saying if it was from this site but thats my guess. be careful

If you used the same password for your email you have on file, as you do for the website it is how he got your email.

That was great work Big A! Other sites were decimated but PM is back...alive and well!!

I'd also suggest updating your email if it is not used and expired.

My condolences to Big A and the staff, and all those effected.

Lost My Red Letters

Tried PMing but i cant send any PM's either.... Can a Mod look into this please??

That was great work Big A! Other sites were decimated but PM is back...alive and well!!

Who is this guy and what is his game? Youre saying he has hit other sites as well?

I can't log off. Anyone else having this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner