YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

This Thread Comes Up Every October: HORROR movies!

myosin

Kilo Klub Member
As I've gotten "older" I really try to watch what I put in my brain (there's an old computer programming saying, "Garbage in, garbage out") BUT, I still love a good horror flick. As I started thinking about it, there seems to be quite a variety of "sub-genre's" in the Horror Film realm...

Zombie movies: self explanatory

Pseudo-zombie: 28 Days

Sci-fi: The Fly

Suspense: Halloween

Slasher: Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th

Ghost movies: self explanatory

Any good suggestions for this year? We just got NetFlix and I'm lovin' it.

AMC

The AMC channel is premeiring the Walking Dead series on Holloween. It sort of reminds me of 28 days in the trailers.

My specialty

man, i have seen a BUNCH of horror movies i love them!

off the top of my head:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre -original one, and the most recent two that were made are all pretty crazy but the original is alot of fun. not as gory but definitely crazy

Serpent in the Rainbow- a very unique "zombie" movie. not like any other zombie movie made. definitely a scary flick. eerie might be the word

Event Horizon- good outer space scary movie

Alien- i watch this movie every october. this month i got the Alien Anthology Special Edition and its AWESOME. bunch of unseen footage and it includes Alien, Aliens, Alien3 and Alien Ressurrection.

The Hills Have Eyes- original one from the 70's and the remake are both great. once again the remake is a bit more gory but both the original and the remake are really good.

Last House on the Left- again the original one from the 70's is great and the remake is great too. just depends if you like the old film look or the more new slick look that hollywood has. this is a FUCKED up movie. girl gets raped and her parents get revenge on the rapest. good movie. my wife actually liked this one cuz tho the rape scene is brutal she liked seeing the parents take revenge

will update with more when i have time i could literally recommend horror movies for hours....
-JS

man, i have seen a BUNCH of horror movies i love them!

off the top of my head:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre -original one, and the most recent two that were made are all pretty crazy but the original is alot of fun. not as gory but definitely crazy

Serpent in the Rainbow- a very unique "zombie" movie. not like any other zombie movie made. definitely a scary flick. eerie might be the word

Event Horizon- good outer space scary movie

Alien- i watch this movie every october. this month i got the Alien Anthology Special Edition and its AWESOME. bunch of unseen footage and it includes Alien, Aliens, Alien3 and Alien Ressurrection.

The Hills Have Eyes- original one from the 70's and the remake are both great. once again the remake is a bit more gory but both the original and the remake are really good.

Last House on the Left- again the original one from the 70's is great and the remake is great too. just depends if you like the old film look or the more new slick look that hollywood has. this is a FUCKED up movie. girl gets raped and her parents get revenge on the rapest. good movie. my wife actually liked this one cuz tho the rape scene is brutal she liked seeing the parents take revenge

will update with more when i have time i could literally recommend horror movies for hours....
-JS

You have great taste in horror movies Bro. Those are some of my favorites as well, especially Serpent and the Rainbow. I haven't seen Last House on the Left yet, I think I'll check it out.

JS named some really good ones.

Also check out:

Suspiria - This movie was actually banned in Australia... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I love horror movies. Zombies and ghost/supernatural are my favorites.

I'll have to check out Serpent in the Rainbow.

Skeleton Key: I know this may not be a traditional horror movie but is one of the best I've seen.

The original Zombie by Lucio Fulci is one of my favorite zombie flicks.

Also enjoyed all of Rob Zombies stuff. They were unique with an added realism that's hard to explain.

Damn I can't even remember alot of them. Been watching at least one per week since joining Netflix in '07-seen ALOT of them.

Some of the foreign and B class movies have been very good. Wish I could remember all the good ones.:eek:

B Flicks!

I love horror movies. Zombies and ghost/supernatural are my favorites.

I'll have to check out Serpent in the Rainbow.

Skeleton Key: I know this may not be a traditional horror movie but is one of the best I've seen.

The original Zombie by Lucio Fulci is one of my favorite zombie flicks.

Also enjoyed all of Rob Zombies stuff. They were unique with an added realism that's hard to explain.

Damn I can't even remember alot of them. Been watching at least one per week since joining Netflix in '07-seen ALOT of them.

Some of the foreign and B class movies have been very good. Wish I could remember all the good ones.:eek:

Yes! Actually, B flicks can be a lot of fun! Good one!

Getting wierder

i get worse as I get older...guess i havent seen enough in the ERs and ICUs...

IMPRINT...Master of horrors series. Dario Argento said it was the sickest thing he'd seen. Fairly hot sado scene with asian chicks. See it with someone you love.

The Exorcist....enough said

Henry: Portrait of a serial killer...semi true story, unsettling

Near Dark....Probably the best vampire flick since Bela Lugosi. Bill Paxton and Lance Hendrickson (must see)

Evil Dead....great movie, a classic. Three total, all worth a watch

Childs Play...who'd had thunk it

Enjoy!!

The top 10 best horror /slasher

This is a list of my favs

1 Halloween - the original , not garbage remake from Rob Zombie .

2 Halloween 2 ( also original .

3 The Fog ( original .

4 Prom Night -1980 .

5 The Prowler .

6 The Boogeyman- 1980 .

7 Friday The 13th - 1980 .

8 Friday The 13th part 2 .

9 The Exorcist .

10 Psycho

Love Halloween movies. Some good ones already here…

And I'll add 2 more I like:
The Thing
Jeepers Creepers

The 80's Had It...

3 The Fog ( original .

4 Prom Night -1980 .

5 The Prowler .

6 The Boogeyman- 1980 .

9 The Exorcist .

10 Psycho

Love Halloween movies. Some good ones already here…

And I'll add 2 more I like:
The Thing
Jeepers Creepers

The 80's really seemed to "have it" when it came to horror flicks, just noticing this now with all the "classic" movies listed.

The Thing! That was wicked! I loved it when they had all the members tied in chairs, testing their blood with a hot metal wire to see who was the alien... then when he "ruptures" through the guy and the look on everyone's face who was strapped down next to him! GREAT STUFF!

3 The Fog ( original .

4 Prom Night -1980 .

5 The Prowler .

6 The Boogeyman- 1980 .

9 The Exorcist .

10 Psycho

Sorry to see you dont like the Rob Zombie remakes. I, on the other hand, loved the remakes. Especially the first one. I thought it was brilliant and had a little of that Rob Zombie feel to it...but not too much. So, I recommend Halloween by Zombie.

how could i forget: Rosemarys Baby! that is a true classic horror flick.
couple more good ones:
House of the Devil- pretty freaking weird movie good suspense and then it gets really crazy
hellraiser really sick stuff from one of my favorite authors clive barker
American Werewolf in London- seen it so many times and still love it. one of the best transformations in the genre thx to special effects by rick baker
Tales from the Darkside- is a fun one. has 3-4 mini horror movies in one.
Entity- classic old horror movie from late 70's or early 80's maybe about a woman getting raped by a ghost multiple times. freaking crazy.

will think of a few more i am sure...
-JS

Horror movies today

Sorry to see you dont like the Rob Zombie remakes. I, on the other hand, loved the remakes. Especially the first one. I thought it was brilliant and had a little of that Rob Zombie feel to it...but not too much. So, I recommend Halloween by Zombie.

I'm just too much into the older genre of horror /slasher/ B- movie flicks of the 70-80''s era . After watching Saw part 3 I lost interest in the so - called new style of horror movies that just don't seem to have that scare factor of the movies on my list . I did enjoy " The Others with Nicole Kidman back in 2002 , and the japenese version of " The Ring is good and also " Mirrors with Keifer Sutherland . IMO , movie makers today throw in extra profanity , gore that doesn't make for a better horror movie or any movie for that matter .

Near Dark....Probably the best vampire flick since Bela Lugosi. Bill Paxton and Lance Hendrickson (must see)

Sadly, a very underrated and little known about film. Three of the vampires in this film were in also in Aliens.

here are 2 films that I never heard of till this past week...

1. 909 EXPERIMENT.. This was filmed in 2000,, NEVER released (I downloaded it off a torrent site)... very LOW BUDGET... it was ok.. Im assuming the guy that wrote Paranormal Activity must have seen a copy of this..
YouTube - Paranormal Activity Trailer / 909 Experiment

2. PONTYPOOL... Canadian zombie flick..... gonna watch it tomorrow night... got very good reviews...
YouTube - Pontypool Trailer (HD)

I am looking forward to Paranormal Activity 2...
any other movies you guys recommend?

As I've gotten "older" I really try to watch what I put in my brain (there's an old computer programming saying, "Garbage in, garbage out") BUT, I still love a good horror flick. As I started thinking about it, there seems to be quite a variety of "sub-genre's" in the Horror Film realm...

Zombie movies: self explanatory

Pseudo-zombie: 28 Days

Sci-fi: The Fly

Suspense: Halloween

Slasher: Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th

Ghost movies: self explanatory

Any good suggestions for this year? We just got NetFlix and I'm lovin' it.

Paranormal activity

here are 2 films that I never heard of till this past week...

1. 909 EXPERIMENT.. This was filmed in 2000,, NEVER released (I downloaded it off a torrent site)... very LOW BUDGET... it was ok.. Im assuming the guy that wrote Paranormal Activity must have seen a copy of this..
YouTube - Paranormal Activity Trailer / 909 Experiment

2. PONTYPOOL... Canadian zombie flick..... gonna watch it tomorrow night... got very good reviews...
YouTube - Pontypool Trailer (HD)

I am looking forward to Paranormal Activity 2...
any other movies you guys recommend?

Have you ever heard of or watched the film " The Ghost Of Flight 401 ? There was a tv movie on this that takes place about fact based events .The ghost of flight 401 is based on true events . In Dec of 1972 , flight 401 out of JFK Airport on Friday , Dec 29 th , 1972 at 920:AM departed to Miami International Airport.

The flight engineer checked on a light bulb fuse that burned out and when he looks out the window , he knows the plane is about to crash into the evergaldes . Over100 + people died , and over the following months , years , employees , passengers report sightings of Don Ripo ( the head pilot and Bob Loft , the flight engineer played by the actor Ernest Borgnine .

I have this on DVD that I purchased through Ebay and excellent supernatural / paranormal based movie on fact life events that supposedly took place .

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws