advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Jeff Cavaliere (athlean X) anyone know him personally?

bananas007

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
The last couple years I have been learning more about kiniseiology, athletic training, etc. I have read a lot of material, from Eric Cressey, and Jeff Cavaliere.

I admire the knowledge these guys possess. Their passion and love for their profession is inspiring. I think they are personification of the quote "when you do what you enjoy, you will never have to work a day in your life".

Having said that why do these people have such different Body phenotypes. Eric Cressey is strong as an OX, but with a shirt on he looks like a normal human being at 5'7" .

Jeff is also strong but he looks more like a "bodybuilder" (a natural bodybuilder).

What do you think attributes to the difference in the way one looks on a fairly similar training program and strength. is it Diet, or the "rep count"

The short answer to all your questions is facepulls. I would explain longer, but that would kill my gains.

It's a combination of training style and genetics (assuming that no drugs are involved in Jeff's case).

For example look at elite olympic lifters. Except for the chinese teams who does a lot of bodybuilding work as assistance, none of them are jacked and few are even muscular; yet they can lift 400-500lbs over their head, most of them squat in the 600-800lbs range depending on weight class.

If you train like an olympic lifter (VERY low reps, 1-3 per set, mostly big technical lifts, lower overall volume of work, very heavy, veyr little eccentric loading, not going anywhere close to failure, short set duration, very long rest intervals) you likely won't get super muscular unless you have the genetics to be muscular (in which case anything will work) or taking anabolics.

If you train like an athlete (which is how Cressey trains) you also will not build that much muscle mass. Athletes don't do a high amount of work in the gym (for the most part) because they must also work on speed/agility on the track, do conditioning work, mobility work and practice their sport skills. They have less "training money" to invest on resistance training.

Furthermore, for athletes size is not a goal. The only important thing is performing better. And while added musce can help if you are skinny. There comes a point where just pilling on muscle can lower performance (of course depending on the sport, it will not have the same drawbacks for a linebacker as for a long jumper).

The way athletes train is first to improve performance and reduce the risk of injuries. They use the principle of training economy (trying to get the most out of the least amount of training) to preserve physical and neurological ressources. They do fewer exercises, not isolating muscle groups often, rather training to work on movement patterns and energy systems.

BTW Cressey was bigger and more muscular when he trained for powerlifting.

Last edited:
It's a combination of training style and genetics (assuming that no drugs are involved in Jeff's case).

For example look at elite olympic lifters. Except for the chinese teams who does a lot of bodybuilding work as assistance, none of them are jacked and few are even muscular; yet they can lift 400-500lbs over their head, most of them squat in the 600-800lbs range depending on weight class.

If you train like an olympic lifter (VERY low reps, 1-3 per set, mostly big technical lifts, lower overall volume of work, very heavy, veyr little eccentric loading, not going anywhere close to failure, short set duration, very long rest intervals) you likely won't get super muscular unless you have the genetics to be muscular (in which case anything will work) or taking anabolics.

If you train like an athlete (which is how Cressey trains) you also will not build that much muscle mass. Athletes don't do a high amount of work in the gym (for the most part) because they must also work on speed/agility on the track, do conditioning work, mobility work and practice their sport skills. They have less "training money" to invest on resistance training.

Furthermore, for athletes size is not a goal. The only important thing is performing better. And while added musce can help if you are skinny. There comes a point where just pilling on muscle can lower performance (of course depending on the sport, it will not have the same drawbacks for a linebacker as for a long jumper).

The way athletes train is first to improve performance and reduce the risk of injuries. They use the principle of training economy (trying to get the most out of the least amount of training) to preserve physical and neurological ressources. They do fewer exercises, not isolating muscle groups often, rather training to work on movement patterns and energy systems.

I do believe Jeff when he says he is natural. I feel like i have enough experience in life that I can tell a BSer but Jeff seems like a guy with integrity.

Ahh ok. I have only known Cressey post 2015.

With most of these coaches its a case of those who can't do, teach.

Social Media is a cess pool :banghead:

Social Media is a cess pool :banghead:

These are not your typical "Social Media famous people". These people were successful before and would have been successful without social media. They have simply used social media to reach more people, and for that I am glad.

i agree with your post, except that many Olympic lifters do have very muscular legs, so there is a takeaway for even a bodybuilder.

i agree with your post, except that many Olympic lifters do have very muscular legs, so there is a takeaway for even a bodybuilder.

True, to some extent. Not as big as you might expect from people full squatting in the 600-800 range and certainly not big compared to bodybuilders. Except fo the super heavy weights and a few exceptions, most weighlifters have legs that would be best described as "athletic" rather than "massive".

Jeff is one of the more respectable guys, in my opinion. But honestly, he doesn't look huge at all in regular clothes, only in shirts that hug his arms. Also remember that he's only about 5'6" and what, 160ish pounds? Still, he's pretty damn lean so he looks impressive. I have no problem believing he's natural, either. Obviously, only he knows for sure. Dude is very strict with his diet year round and trains like a madman. Shit eventually pays off.

Jeff is one of the more respectable guys, in my opinion. But honestly, he doesn't look huge at all in regular clothes, only in shirts that hug his arms. Also remember that he's only about 5'6" and what, 160ish pounds? Still, he's pretty damn lean so he looks impressive. I have no problem believing he's natural, either. Obviously, only he knows for sure. Dude is very strict with his diet year round and trains like a madman. Shit eventually pays off.

A little taller and heavier than that technically. [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykMNii9vQDs"]Jeff Cavaliere’s Official Height, Weight, Body Fat (REVEALED!) - YouTube[/ame]

These are not your typical "Social Media famous people". These people were successful before and would have been successful without social media. They have simply used social media to reach more people, and for that I am glad.

I'm well aware of who both are and their credentials. With that being said I highly doubt anyones learned anything legitimate from their YT channel. Not that I'm flamming but your original question proves my point. If you want to learn something pick up a book or take a class, theyre only selling on YT not teaching.

I'm well aware of who both are and their credentials. With that being said I highly doubt anyones learned anything legitimate from their YT channel. Not that I'm flamming but your original question proves my point. If you want to learn something pick up a book or take a class, theyre only selling on YT not teaching.

Maybe I'm confused by assertions, Eric's not training or holding seminars/conferences?

I´ve learned a variety of new exercises and how to perform them from watching Jeff Cavaliere, if you want to learn proper exercise form and execution you can read all day but nothing beats a video. That being said, I do advocate people reading A LOT more.

Maybe I'm confused by assertions, Eric's not training or holding seminars/conferences?

If he is i'm unaware, i've read some of his articles but to my knowledge I thought most of his products are e-books.

Again i've got nothing against either of them but when I hear a question like "is it Diet, or the "rep count" about a popular Social Media personality, I think threads like "what do you think Calum Von Monger takes?" Hate to be rude but those are dumb questions bruh, speculating on something so broad is counter productive.

Social media & fitness to me is the "give a man a fish or give a man a rod" mentality. Guys like Jeff is SHOWING you, he is not TEACHING you via social media. If he would do any real teaching you almost certainly have to pay for it and likely do it in a physical setting.

If he is i'm unaware, i've read some of his articles but to my knowledge I thought most of his products are e-books.

Again i've got nothing against either of them but when I hear a question like "is it Diet, or the "rep count" about a popular Social Media personality, I think threads like "what do you think Calum Von Monger takes?" Hate to be rude but those are dumb questions bruh, speculating on something so broad is counter productive.

Social media & fitness to me is the "give a man a fish or give a man a rod" mentality. Guys like Jeff is SHOWING you, he is not TEACHING you via social media. If he would do any real teaching you almost certainly have to pay for it and likely do it in a physical setting.

My younger brother (in which Grenada has been in his gym, as well Grenada found out about my brother through Eric) works on an advisory/training/coaching staff with Eric in collaboration with other trainers, Drs, ect with OnbaseU. IIRC from a recent conversation with my brother, Eric is going to open a few more gyms.

Eric still actively trains clients.

About | OnBaseU

There was a Jeff Cavaliere who went to school with me... I don't know if it's the same guy, I'd have to look into it...

Not him... but I thought it was for a minute... looks a lot like him and the same age +/- a few months... but your guy is from Connecticut, this guys from illinois... plus my friend is taller by a couple of inches...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity