over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Surgery next month

hugostiglitz87

Registered
I will be having surgery on my posterior labrum and superior labrum both tears. The Dr. Wanted to avoid surgery but I tried his p.t. nothing changed so I demanded surgery from my orthopedic told me all the risk and recovery involved.

So has anyone here had this surgery and what is the process like?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

4 op sites, possibly 5. Ortho surgeon will likely do a bicep tenodesis...better labrum repair outcome. Sling for 2-3 weeks. Physical Therapy 2 to 3x/wk for around 3 months starting about 2-3 weeks post op. Pretty painful after the nerve block wears off for the first 3-4 days. Get yourself a recliner, reusable ice packs, different sized small pillows to use as wedges under your arm for comfort/sleep. If you use the Oxy they give you for the post op pain make sure to have some prune juice on hand. Elastic waistband shorts. Tank tops. If it's your dominant side learn how to wash yourself, brush your teeth, comb your hair, shave, wipe your ass...practice with the other hand now.

Back in the gym around 3 months at 50% (go easy). Full recovery 6-9 months.

I have a partial tear and avoided the surgery by having a good pt. How much does it affect you? How did you do it? From what I read labrum surgery is a tough one.

Did you consider other alternatives such as PRP and stem cell? I’m having good success with PRP in my patellar tendons and soon in my c5/c6 and L4/L5.

Did you consider other alternatives such as PRP and stem cell? I’m having good success with PRP in my patellar tendons and soon in my c5/c6 and L4/L5.
I looked at other treatment my insurance won't cover any of that just surgery.

I also have the surgery on labrum next month. Doc wants to bicep tenodesis, but i want to do SLAP repair instead to preserve my natural anatomy and don't want to lose throwing ability.

Keep us posted on your progress.

we make our own beds. Becareful with insisting on certain procedures. There is A LOT of data and very large research studies showing why certain procedures are recommended.

There are certain labral tears i WOULD NOT have repaired...some i would. There are certain SLAP tears id strongly recommend a biceps tenodesis and others where it can be focally repaired. So unless you have knowledge in this area you may be pushing for something that isnt in your best interest and may regret it.

I'll be honest I've been reading about labrum surgery and I'm getting nervous the recovery time cutting through the bicep tendon. I am having 2nd thoughts. I know my ortho wasn't sold on doing it but I argued with him and told him its causing me slight pain. But overall my shoulder isn't causing me to much pain recently. It just depends on certain movements.

My elbow tendonitis is causing me more pain if anything.

What are other treatments can i look into for my shoulder?

So what's the plan...remove the cyst and/or posterior labrum surgery?
No rotator cuff tears. That's great news.

So what's the plan...remove the cyst and/or posterior labrum surgery?

No rotator cuff tears. That's great news.
Still want to remove the cyst but getting 2nd opinions on labrum tears

Are your doctors and pt top of the line? For a decision like this I would find the medical team of your local sports teams (even college teams). This is a huge decision make sure you have the best minds working for you, people who work on athletes.

Are your doctors and pt top of the line? For a decision like this I would find the medical team of your local sports teams (even college teams). This is a huge decision make sure you have the best minds working for you, people who work on athletes.
I don't know much about this ortho but overall their practice Is good from what I hear.

The ortho that advise me surgery wasnt necessary only if I was in pain he would advise surgery. I am in pain on an off just depends on the workout and movement.

https://www.arrowheadortho.com/doctor-connor-larose-orthopedics

I would definitely get the opinion of the team of docs and pt of your local sports teams, labrum surgery is a big deal.

MRI Arthrogram with contrast is more specific and sensitive for labrum injuries. If the doctor suspected labrum injury given your physical exam and history: and if he was highly experienced in shoulder pathologies then he should have ordered MRI Arthrogram instead of regular MRI. For all they know this MRI could be false positive for labrum tear. Looking at the link you provided the doctor seems to be very young, i doubt he has lots of studies published nor is he highly experienced which is the reason i think he recommends bicep tenodesis.

I'm not a doctor, but i do lots of academic studies research before i decide the doctor and surgery type to go with.

What did you end up going with?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner