YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how society looks at men, decline in masculinity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
My co-workers watch some show on Netflix called pose. Basically, its a bunch of transexuals dancing around and its about men cheating on their wife and falling for transexuals who are more dominant than the men in their attitude

Then I hear this term "toxic masculinity"

And if someone were to say men should not cry, in the work place, immediately people jump on you for having the attitude that men should be strong, tough minded, not show weakness, and not be "vulnerable"

The things I just listed are now celebrated, along with the term "mental illness" where everyone now is mentally ill and if you are "depressed" your supposed to get a sympathy party rather than pull yourself together

Has anyone's seen this or is it a geographic thing?

Forget muscles, and physique, to me masculinity and being a man is an attitude that you are strong.

Thoughts?

Not sure how long this thread will last but it would be a cool discussion...

But I agree.. It’s an entire “outrage culture” we have going on.

I went through 2 pretty hard depressions but instead of having a pity party I had to take actions to get over it, yea I reached out to FAMILY, my dad mainly, for support, but it wasn’t a pity party. I was able to turn it from depression to lessons learned and move on and feel better about myself now and where I’m heading than I have in years... I HAD to get my shit together.. I wasn’t enabled like we do with people now as society is changing..

And not particular to just with being masculine.. There’s so much shit we can’t say or do anymore because of this PC bullshit.. Like “participation awards” etc... We’re literally breeding a society and teaching kids that the world is supposed to “bend” to our views/needs when it doesn’t fucking work that way.

We’ve seen it dozens of times where someone with a voice puts up a Tweet and the masses (usually of the young, entitled millennial or feminists/me too movements) move to deplatform them and get them fired and just ruin their life.. Wtf is that?

That’s why I admire stories and the times of my grandfather/great grandfather... Living through 2 world wars, working with his hands/hard labor since grade school age, knowing what adversity is and getting through it, immigrating with NOTHING in their pocket and if you want to learn something you can’t just google the answers, you have to figure it out etc.. They don’t make hard motherfuckers to look up to like that generation anymore...

Not sure how long this thread will last but it would be a cool discussion...

But I agree.. It’s an entire “outrage culture” we have going on.

I went through 2 pretty hard depressions but instead of having a pity party I had to take actions to get over it, yea I reached out to FAMILY, my dad mainly, for support, but it wasn’t a pity party. I was able to turn it from depression to lessons learned and move on and feel better about myself now and where I’m heading than I have in years... I HAD to get my shit together.. I wasn’t enabled like we do with people now as society is changing..

And not particular to just with being masculine.. There’s so much shit we can’t say or do anymore because of this PC bullshit.. Like “participation awards” etc... We’re literally breeding a society and teaching kids that the world is supposed to “bend” to our views/needs when it doesn’t fucking work that way.

We’ve seen it dozens of times where someone with a voice puts up a Tweet and the masses (usually of the young, entitled millennial or feminists/me too movements) move to deplatform them and get them fired and just ruin their life.. Wtf is that?

That’s why I admire stories and the times of my grandfather/great grandfather... Living through 2 world wars, working with his hands/hard labor since grade school age, knowing what adversity is and getting through it, immigrating with NOTHING in their pocket and if you want to learn something you can’t just google the answers, you have to figure it out etc.. They don’t make hard motherfuckers to look up to like that generation anymore...

As someone who was depressed, if you could look back and give yourself some advice which would it be...

1. "your a man, be tougher, deal with your problems"

2. "its ok to feel this way take as much time as you need seek support systems"

I feel like when I grew up it was 1, now 2 is being pushed and if you agree with 1 you are the devil.

A lot of great societies/empires have gone the way the US is going

And they all had one thing in common..

I wonder if anyone can guess what that is :eek:

The "pussification" of America is in FULL effect. Compare the average 18-19 year old today compared to those of the WW2 generation. Just like in the video below, these guys are/were the types of people America was built on.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEeH4U-rTOI"]D-Day and Beyond with the 101st Airborne | Memoirs Of WWII #10 - YouTube[/ame]

This whole Toxic masculinity thing now being celebrated by the liberal media and Hollywood. You see men acting like women in movies, which in real life it's the Beta way. The good thing in my opinion is you have men like Jordan Peterson, who are teaching some of the younger guys what it's like to be masculine and taking responsibility for one's self.

I know I'm getting a little off topic, but since we are have touched on the trans movement. I will never refer to a man who transitions to female as she or her. I know that will offend many these days, so what. Just because you have your dick cut off, you are still a man.......you won't be able to have children...etc. I know that's shocking. I know, I'm considered a white supremacist now bc I disagree with the far left. Even if you are gay and black, you are considered a white supremacist for disagreeing with them.

As someone who was depressed, if you could look back and give yourself some advice which would it be...

I feel like when I grew up it was 1, now 2 is being pushed and if you agree with 1 you are the devil.

There's nothing wrong with choosing chose #2. Sometimes we just need help....it takes courage to sometimes realize it. It doesn't make you weak.

Men are definitely the weaker sex, their ego is so fragile, their sense of self-worth is based on their ability to do dominate. Dominate what? That era of mankind is over, it was a mistake to begin with. Born with excess physical power but no emotional strength to go with it. Most "alpha" males are just bitches to whatever is necessary to get the highest level pussy they can, "man" is just nature's bitch.

The US is moving to a white collar service economy. No real utility in masculinity to make (((them))) profits if men are just doing jobs females can do they don't Rly have utility Tbh. Girl power sells as well.

Men are definitely the weaker sex, their ego is so fragile, their sense of self-worth is based on their ability to do dominate. Dominate what? That era of mankind is over, it was a mistake to begin with. Born with excess physical power but no emotional strength to go with it. Most "alpha" males are just bitches to whatever is necessary to get the highest level pussy they can, "man" is just nature's bitch.

Do you really believe that? Which category do you fall under?

Woah woah woah. Don't you see his avi?He clearly identifies as a 747. I know this board is about toxic male hormones but no need to be biggots.

Bro, I'm not attacking him in anyway. I'm not here to argue. I was just asking. Stay in your lane my guy.

Well definitely number 1 but MIXED with some of number 2 if I’m completely honest... Which is pretty much what my dad gave me.. Tough love and telling me it’s ok to feel that way, BUT NOT TO STAY THAT WAY.. I needed to keep moving forward... He’s been through some of the toughest shit I’ve ever heard in my life so I look up to him, he was born in the beginning of the Castro regime in Cuba, ended up being tortured in a prison for a year before being able to escape and coming on a raft to the US with no food or water for 5 days and getting here without even a shirt on his back... His stories are insane, so it helps to have someone like that around to remind me to conquer my inner bitch...

I don’t think this thread is about who is the better or worse sex... Yea, I agree 100% the male ego is fragile, but so is the female psyche...

The whole point of this I believe is that PEOPLE AS A WHOLE, men and women just 1 or 2 generations before us were some tough motherfuckers....

The work ethic and “step up to the plate” attitude women demonstrated during WW2 CANT be ignored, it’s amazing what they accomplished.... Do you really see a movement like that happening with today’s generation of entitled women? Same goes for men now a days in a comparable situation.... Our society is fucking soft...

NEMSZ, You said it better than I was able to put into words. I pretty much agree with everything you said. That was excellent.

Well definitely number 1 but MIXED with some of number 2 if I’m completely honest... Which is pretty much what my dad gave me.. Tough love and telling me it’s ok to feel that way, BUT NOT TO STAY THAT WAY.. I needed to keep moving forward... He’s been through some of the toughest shit I’ve ever heard in my life so I look up to him, he was born in the beginning of the Castro regime in Cuba, ended up being tortured in a prison for a year before being able to escape and coming on a raft to the US with no food or water for 5 days and getting here without even a shirt on his back... His stories are insane, so it helps to have someone like that around to remind me to conquer my inner bitch...

I don’t think this thread is about who is the better or worse sex... Yea, I agree 100% the male ego is fragile, but so is the female psyche...

The whole point of this I believe is that PEOPLE AS A WHOLE, men and women just 1 or 2 generations before us were some tough motherfuckers....

The work ethic and “step up to the plate” attitude women demonstrated during WW2 CANT be ignored, it’s amazing what they accomplished.... Do you really see a movement like that happening with today’s generation of entitled women? Same goes for men now a days in a comparable situation.... Our society is fucking soft...

Yes our society is definitely soft. You know who's isn't..... Russia

Yes our society is definitely soft. You know who's isn't..... Russia

Do you know any Russian men? Have you been there? You judge this based off staged pics of putin with a bear? Russian men, (in Russia) majority are douche bag, drunks that do not treat a women well at all.

GBkilla, I agree "toxic masculinity" is a term made up by liberal feminists. Classic leftists tools, try to tear down others to bring themselves to a higher position. There is a whole generation of snowflakes that have been so coddled and never allowed to feel an uncomfortable moment because there helicopter parents swooped in to save them. Now if somebody writes "TRUMP" with side walk chalk on a school campus these kids needs counseling!

Being a man or masculine is not about being the most muscular. Not about getting the most random p*ssy just to "conquer" and plan to never speak with her again. Most guys doing that are more insecure than an instagram whore AND incapable of having a meaningful relationship.

Society should instead be praising men for being MEN, for being responsible beings that lead their family, friends, neighbors by example.

On average you are absolutely correct. Most men of today would be absolutely f’d if they were transported back to times when a man had to be able to push himself in order to survive and provide / protect his family. Men look at dudes on YT who wake early and push themselves - and dawn over them as if they are doing something that is super human.. Emotionally - wow - most men are freaking pathetic. They get jealous (woman’s emotion) and can’t handle the “mind games” women play?? I have heard TONS of men literally meltdown about a new girlfriends “past” - totally insecure and making them look so freaking weak. Ironically many of these cats like to think they are “alpha” and try to justify their weakness by saying “I ain’t jealous I just don’t want no skank bro”.

I probably hijacked the thread - didn’t mean to but since I did already can people PLEASE stop using “would of” - :D

this is only peripherally related to OP

"Mental Illness" is ridiculous in the western world. I feel like a lot of men (and women) who are just in really tough situations that the vast majority of people never have to face get hit with this "mentally ill" label and it almost deliberately trivializes the relative difficulty of their life circumstances. Instead of the therapists and psychiatrists acknowledging your response to a specific stimuli as rational and justified, there must instead be something wrong with your brain and your circumstances are just the same as everyone else's. Everyone else is going through/has gone through this as well and they didn't respond the same way you did, therefore there's something wrong with your brain's biochemistry. Do we have a way to prove or disprove this assertion concretely with some kind of brain scan? Hell no, but let's give you this dangerous medication which many times will make it much harder for your to climb out of the highly abnormal circumstances causing you to feel this way, but will at least zombify you and numb you to the pain they're causing while having all sorts of potential long term cognitive and neurological damage.

I'm not saying that this doesn't happen to women too, it definitely does. With antidepressants, probably a lot more to women. With other psychiatric drugs like ritalin, a lot more to young boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member