over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gallbladder removal?

Cinder

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Who's had their gallbladder removed?
I'm curious how many big guys had this and how it effects their diet

Sub'd for this, as I am probably going to have mine removed in the near future.

My question is: how long does one have to lay off from the gym when recovering from this procedure?

I had my gallbladder removed last May. It was the easiest recovery I have had from any surgery. I take NOW Super Enzymes with every meal. Red Meat gives me indigestion now, but I can eat pretty freely otherwise.

Mines been out for a couple decades. All my shows done without it. I had issues with digesting large quantities of fat for about 6 months(indigestion). Other than that, the only noticeable difference is I haven't had heart burn once since it was removed.

Diarrhea Cha Cha Cha

My buddy had his removed about 10 years ago.

Resolved some issues but created others. He has to take Cholestyramine twice a day to deal with the squirts.

I had my gallbladder removed last May. It was the easiest recovery I have had from any surgery. I take NOW Super Enzymes with every meal. Red Meat gives me indigestion now, but I can eat pretty freely otherwise.

Ox bile?

Mines been out for a couple decades. All my shows done without it. I had issues with digesting large quantities of fat for about 6 months(indigestion). Other than that, the only noticeable difference is I haven't had heart burn once since it was removed.

Only six months? So delicious fatty food would be out of question

f that. I still kept eating everything I wanted. It just took that long to adapt.
I've since done long keto diets, long high protein, heavy carb diets. I literally have zero digestion issues from it and none of my blood work has showed issues. I'm sure everyone has their own experience but my issues were very short lived.
Also, again, it's been great having zero heart burn from any food consumption choice.

Mine also was a very severe case. I had a gall stone that grew so large that I eventually started throwing up neon colored bile and went in for close to emergency surgery.
Eventually found out that many of the female members of my extended family had gallbladder issues, even resulting in them breaking up and spreading throughout their body cavity.

f that. I still kept eating everything I wanted. It just took that long to adapt.
I've since done long keto diets, long high protein, heavy carb diets. I literally have zero digestion issues from it and none of my blood work has showed issues. I'm sure everyone has their own experience but my issues were very short lived.
Also, again, it's been great having zero heart burn from any food consumption choice.

Mine also was a very severe case. I had a gall stone that grew so large that I eventually started throwing up neon colored bile and went in for close to emergency surgery.
Eventually found out that many of the female members of my extended family had gallbladder issues, even resulting in them breaking up and spreading throughout their body cavity.

I usually puke bile right in the moring from severe morning nausea
But apple cider vinegar has helped with it a Lil bit as well as riding me of all day nausea on most days.
I'm getting another ultrasound but last tone they're was just sludge (micro gallatones)

Wife only has less of a appetite

Worst thing i ever did. Went from having bloating, fullness, and indigestion....to constant diahreah. Especially if i eat eat anything with a large amount of fat. It caused me to have a bile problem too where my stomach backs up with bile(bile acid malabsorption) which causes me to have extreme diahrrea and vomiting for around 24 hours and then it goes away. This happens to me every couple of weeks. Stopping omeprazole and taking cholestipol (bile absorber) has helped....but i still have constant severe digestive issues

Probiotics works wonders for regulating your stool.
I have to have mine removed as well but can't get a doc appt for another month and the hospital said it's not an emergency.
I can't even eat the pain is so bad after I eat.regardless
The probiotics tablets made my stool normal again.

Had mine out 2 years ago...easy ass surgery, and best thing I did after putting up with it for 4-5 years. Fukk having gallbladder pains, those are no joke. I didn't have any stones, but my gallbladder wasn't functioning correctly on it's ejection fraction. If you do not have any stones, they can do a HIDA scan to see how your gallbladder is functioning. My experience has been the same as pheedno's. I may have to use the restroom occasionally after a fatty meal, but not much different than prior. Chile/spicy foods can be hit or miss though, but not too bad. I just try to avoid it some unless I am home. The first year or so I was a little more bloated, but this past year has been pretty much back to normal. I tried using NOW's digestive aid product, and it gave me the most God-aweful shits and farts smelled like hell, lol. IO still take them if I want to stink the household out, lol.

Get the surgery, you will thank yourself afterward. Just see how you digest things afterward, it may take some time before you get less bloated, or until you see how foods effect you. Going through the contractile pain is not worth it.

Last edited:
Worst thing i ever did. Went from having bloating, fullness, and indigestion....to constant diahreah. Especially if i eat eat anything with a large amount of fat. It caused me to have a bile problem too where my stomach backs up with bile(bile acid malabsorption) which causes me to have extreme diahrrea and vomiting for around 24 hours and then it goes away. This happens to me every couple of weeks. Stopping omeprazole and taking cholestipol (bile absorber) has helped....but i still have constant severe digestive issues

Ever use ox bile with these meals.

Had mine removed 3 years ago, had some digestive issues the first year but after that no issues

I realise many people get theirs removed and live tolerably normal lives, but please look into everything you can do, including drastic diet and lifestyle modifications, before you get an internal organ cut out. Surgeons like to push these things along because it is so routine for them, but the small chance you may kick yourself in long run is worth at least trying everything. Go beyond your MD's reccomendations, there are reasonable functional medicine protocols which could really help. And in the end, even if you get it out, at least you tried.

Cinder be sure to search PM on this subject. There have been other threads which may contain helpful information.

I had mine out almost 5 years ago and I've never had an issue.

Just bumping up this old thread -
Curious to know if anyone has recommenced AAS cycle after gallbladder removal and any issues or things to avoid

And post GB op myself and have taken two months off looking to get bad into things

Currently prescribed TRT

I started taking prescription udca over two years ago instead and never had it removed. No more problems with the gallbladder, no more stones. And believe me when I say that a gallbladder attack is extremely painful. I've been shot in the legs, abdomen, and head, and crushed 3 vertebrae. The gallbladder was almost as bad as the gut shot. Strangely it was the broken back that was the one that sent me into true panic, started doing this crazy hyperventilating thing for like 15-20 minutes, or maybe it was only a few minutes it was so fucked that I'm not sure, totally uncontrollable I can't even describe it. I literally thought I was going to die from the hyperventilating. It was a fucked up way to be. By myself, middle of the night.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear