over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Soooo... I joined Planet Fitness

Fit2Serve

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have officially gone full circle. When I first began bb'ing i worked out at Milo Sarcev's Koloseum Gym. Near exactly 20 years later I just joined Planet Fitness!?:eek:

It feels surreal... i wouldnt join a gym unless their dumbells went up to atleast 150's, at Plant F they only go up to 75lbs!!!???:eek:
AND
No Squat Racks!? Closest thing is smith machine....:eek:

I honestly joined Planet Fitness for the massage beds and deep tissue massage chairs:D Crazy what i now consider important in a gym... just nuts... My wife quickly reminded that i havent used squat rack in over 2 years and i am now too lazy to load plates instead i been using machines so just have to move the pin:eek:
holy shit, the bb'er inside me is officially dead. RIP

Anyone else cant say they are a bb'er anymore?
or is it just me:(
-F2S

I have officially gone full circle. When I first began bb'ing i worked out at Milo Sarcev's Koloseum Gym. Near exactly 20 years later I just joined Planet Fitness!?:eek:

It feels surreal... i wouldnt join a gym unless their dumbells went up to atleast 150's, at Plant F they only go up to 75lbs!!!???:eek:
AND

I honestly joined Planet Fitness for the massage beds and deep tissue massage chairs:D Crazy what i now consider important in a gym... just nuts... My wife quickly reminded that i havent used squat rack in over 2 years and i am now too lazy to load plates instead i been using machines so just have to move the pin:eek:

-F2S

This had me LMAO!

Honestly i would still say you area bb'er, you're still concerned with working out. You haven't posted up on the couch, with a Budwiser, and a mustard stained wife beater tank top.

I go to a corporate gym as well (24 hr), but there's all i need there. I don't squat anymore either. I feel more safe on the Hack Squat.

I contemplated going to metroflex gym in my area, went to check out, was freakin selfie central. The workout is better when ya put your phone away! lol

I do like Worlds Gym (now called: The Gym) in San Diego, great environment there.

I also wanted to check out Milos's gym. I may have to make the trip one of these days.

Anyway, i'm sure you can still get a decent workout there, nice and slow with the 75's and they'll feel like 150's. :)

-F2S
Well, sort of :D I'm not a member but my wife is. She bought the black card ($21.99/month) so she can always bring a guest . . . even the same guest (ME!). I go to support her, but I have a home gym too. I probably workout twice at home to every one workout at PF.

I must say that it's kind of flattering :D I can't tell you how many times I've asked to "work in" with someone on the assisted pull-up station and then drop the weight-stacked assistance kneepad and bang out 15 dead hang pull-ups. I'm not trying to be an ass by working in, but I superset my bench with pull-ups to keep the workout short so I ask rather than wait around for them to finish.

I think it's a great business model. They charge so little that most people "feel good" about having the membership EVEN IF THEY RARELY (NEVER?) GO! I bought a small amount of stock last year at $43/share (it sold for just $32 last Jan) and it closed today at $54.

This had me LMAO!

Honestly i would still say you area bb'er, you're still concerned with working out. You haven't posted up on the couch, with a Budwiser, and a mustard stained wife beater tank top.

I go to a corporate gym as well (24 hr), but there's all i need there. I don't squat anymore either. I feel more safe on the Hack Squat.

I contemplated going to metroflex gym in my area, went to check out, was freakin selfie central. The workout is better when ya put your phone away! lol

I do like Worlds Gym (now called: The Gym) in San Diego, great environment there.

I also wanted to check out Milos's gym. I may have to make the trip one of these days.

Anyway, i'm sure you can still get a decent workout there, nice and slow with the 75's and they'll feel like 150's. :)

i appreciate the kind words! but i feel at best i am a "bodymaintainer":D
i feel ya tho. i will always feel like a bb'er. boy i miss those days at Koloseum gym.... drug runs to tijuana.... t400, upjohn eq...the good ole days...
-F2S

I would die before I would give planet fitness a penny.

I still squat almost every leg day, it keeps my knees and hips healthy.

Last edited:
I would die before I would give planet fitness a penny.

I still squat almost every leg day, it keeps my knees and hips healthy.

Same, I just couldn’t do it. I would rather not lift weights than join planet:D

AND

-F2S

Just quit Golds to join a fitness 19. Full circle. Time to be healthy. I was getting so sick of all the selfies and people filming themselves at Golds. Fuck that.

That sucks man, even tho my gym only has db's till 75lbs too, it's pretty decent. Smith machine, 3 stationairy benches, plenty of other benches, 2 squatracks and the thing I like the most: rusty plates :D

I can hear Lunk alarms going off somewhere......

I'm old and broken but I still squat (lite as shit!) I have to stay at my hardcore gym. Keeps me motivated. Our dumbbells go to 210 LOL!

AND

-F2S

If you're like me, the BB'er in you never fully dies, it just goes dormant for a bit, then always comes back. Once I reach that point where I start feeling tight and get that certain pump, the drive for more always strikes again. I suspect you'll be the same.

But seriously man, Planet Fitness? LOL. You could have maybe picked one in-between a bit? Even the YMCA is better that Planet Fitness.

Just quit Golds to join a fitness 19. Full circle. Time to be healthy. I was getting so sick of all the selfies and people filming themselves at Golds. Fuck that.

for real. i was at titans and there's a couple dudes with their douchebag brigades who will dance and yell and pose constantly and take pics and vids for instagram. i hadda get out.
so i go to pf too. and there's not difference between the 2 places regarding the average folks there.
still some jacked dudes for sure. guys in their 50's and 60s who look better than most dudes at titans. i never thought id see that there. so, i still have motivation to work hard. and if u can eventually rep the machines with the full stacks, u aint gonna be small and weak. hammer and life fitness equipment is great. and the pulldowns, i can keep adding weight to 300 if i can get that strong again. plus im 49. and im not gonna throw heavy weights around anymore anyway.

AND

-F2S

everybody changes cousin..it's no biggy.

I can hear Lunk alarms going off somewhere......

I like to stare of ladies’ asses so I’d be in trouble if there was a lurker alarm. 😂

Yep, I like this gym. In my area it has plenty of free weights and equipment. And the clientele is varied so it doesn't seem so "broish".

AND

-F2S

This is all too real to me too. I have no real desire to really test my strength limits anymore, because what's the point? I don't want to build crazy amounts of mass anymore. I'm perfectly happy using much lighter weights for more reps and not destroying my body every workout. I'm just not that guy anymore and it's only going to be counter productive to even do that. Hell, I usually do smith machine squats now with 135-185lbs on the bar lmao. I can do so much more but fuck it, my legs are still big and shredded as they were before.

That being said, I wouldn't sink THAT low and join PF. That's crossing the line.

Last edited:
This is all too real to me too. I have no real desire to really test my strength limits anymore, because what's the point? I don't want to build crazy amounts of mass anymore. I'm perfectly happy using much lighter weights for more reps and not destroying my body every workout. I'm just not that guy anymore and it's only going to be counter productive to even do that. Hell, I usually do smith machine squats now with 135-185lbs on the bar lmao. I can do so much more but fuck it, my legs are still big and shredded as they were before.

That being said, I wouldn't sink THAT low and join PF. That's crossing the line.

LMAO! I know brother, i know.... i cant believe it. such a pussified place.
-F2S

LMAO! I know brother, i know.... i cant believe it. such a pussified place.
-F2S

It's the fact that they are actively prejudiced against bodybuilders and people who put too high of a value on physical fitness.

It's the fact that they are actively prejudiced against bodybuilders and people who put too high of a value on physical fitness.
This is true. From a square footage standpoint, the weight area (DB's, smiths, and weight machines with weight stacks) make up 15% AT MOST. The majority (probably 65% or so) consists of cardio machines like treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, and a few stair climbers.

"judge free zone" bro:naughty:
yeah... we will see if i can handle it... i'm pretty worried but hell i am barely getting to the gym these past 3 years...

IF it will help my wife to stop gaining weight and maybe lose some then its all worth it. seems to REALLY cater to chicks i imagine
-F2S

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner